Thread: October Weather

Default October Weather

We have a trip scheduled for October 2014 at CSA. Did not even think about weather conditions when we booked this. Can anyone give us their input on weather travels in the month of October? Thank you in advance.

We went last 10/26- 11/1 to CSA and it was beautiful every morning, rained every afternoon for a few hours and was nice again in the evening. We still had a great time but are hoping for less showers this year. We are heading back 10/25-11/1.

Default RE: October

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora55 View Post
    We have a trip scheduled for October 2014 at CSA. Did not even think about weather conditions when we booked this. Can anyone give us their input on weather travels in the month of October? Thank you in advance.
    Hi There!

We will be enjoying our 4th October at CSS this year. Daytime temps are high 80's to low 90's and evenings are usually high 70's to low 80's. No matter the weather, you will love Couples!
    -Christie

The weather is the same all year long: 80s to 90s during the day, 70s at night. It will rain in the afternoon for a while and then clear up . . . usually. For more than a dozen years, I've been going to CSA the last weekend in October. Three years ago, a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico bollixed up the beach. Two years ago, it was Hurricane Sandy. Last October, the weather was perfect, as it had been for almost every year. We've decided to switch to the first week in December rather than take a chance on a storm.

All this having been said, you're already booked and October is not that far away. Just go and enjoy yourself. The weather will cooperate.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We always go to Jamaica near the end of October. I think this year will be our 6th trip. We have only had one hurricane which affected 1 1/2 days of our trip. Usually there is a nice break in the afternoon as a shower passes by, but sunny and hot the rest of the day. No worries!

October 2011 there was a hurricane out to sea and it made the weather bad during our stay at CSA. October 2012 Hurricane Sandy hit. Not a good time. At that point we decided to move our second trip every year to December. Went for the final October 2013 and the weather wasn't bad other than a lot of rain.

Please remember it's the tropics. Hurricane season is June 1- November 30 so any October is a risk.

October is our best time to travel so last year I worried about this too....

In our 11 days in Jamaica, it rained just 45 minutes one day and 20 minutes another day! Clear skies with the occasional threat of rain the other days.

However, we were in Ohio Rios and 2013 had very few tropical storms.

As everyone has said - it's the tropics - it will rain when you're there but it's rarely a wash out.

However - unless it's storming or lightning - just stay where you are and continue with your plans...

The rain is usually short (20-45 minutes) so by the time you get ready or finish breakfast, the rain may move out with sunshine to follow.

We love October and yes it rains in the afternoon, most afternoons but not all, but we always figure that God is telling us we have had enough sun go and relax on your patio. We usually play cards, read, nap or whatever. If it rains it could be a quick shower or longer. Sometimes we have just sat out in it and really enjoyed it. Bad thing about that is that is waters down my drink. Is Good Mon!

Just have trip insurance! We are thinking about going in September next year. One Love.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Booked a trip once in may and was watched the satilite pictures as the "rainy season" cloud pattern moved up from south america and thru Jamaica. The week before we went it rained every day. We did get one day washed out but "De Trees are happy when it rains!" was told to us and you just roll with it. If not, get upset and write a bad review!!!! Its your choice!

September into October is the rainy season. Well documented unless there is a storm, or a strong pattern it will rain in the afternoon.
    My advice is don't dilly dally in the morngings and sleep in.

We will be there mid November and the sun rises at 6am and sets by 5:30. We love the beach and especially enjoy it in the afternoons and prefer to stay on the beach until Dark. In the summer thats 8pm. In November Im up at 6 and in the water within minutes to wake up. In bed usually by 11. If we get an afternoon shower and we only hit the beach mid day I feel the day was incomplete as the star of the couples experience in my view is the beach. I stay beach front, and want to be on it! We eat our lunch usually on the beach!!!

Going in rainy season is usually not a problem as I said but one has to go into it with knowledge and perhaps understand the priorities might get shifted if afternoon rains come. Plan for it. If its rare or slight, so much the better.

Oh, how we remember that 2011 storm... it was parked out off the Yucatan and we paid the consequences in Negril all week long! It was very warm, but very breezy... I never knew that waves could be 4 feet in shallow water! We had a great time in the surf though. It rained only a few times... but it was VERY different from the languid lapping waves we had grown accustomed to on previous visits to SweptAway.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We have been to CSS twice in Oct. , had a few afternoon showers but never lost an entire day. We just stayed in the pool... already wet so whats a little liquid sunshine.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

It IS the tropics. Expect rain. That happens. The fore cast will always say "Chance Of Rain, and highs in the 80s". One of my "RLLs" (Resort Lessons Learned); "Rain in Jamaica is much warmer than rain in Tennessee". If it does rain, put on your swim wear, and dance. Remember; "No Rain, No Rainbows".

Name:  CN rainbow.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  54.8 KB

Also going in October, thanks for the weather report!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    Also going in October, thanks for the weather report!

.....We arrive 3 Oct.