Thread: Frogs

Default Frogs

The main negative about the resort is the FROGS SONG at night they were so loud, especially annoying when my partner kept waking me up to say could I hear the bloody frogs.(take ear plugs, so you can't hear your partner!)

That is sombody's complaint on a Tripadvisor review for CN that I read this morning. That just about takes the cake!!! We love the song of the frogs but I don't recall them ever being loud enough from in the room to be bothersome and I am a light sleeper.

Love the Frogs Song so much that I did a recording one evening so that when I am homesick (which is always) and stressed I listen and puts me in a wonderful mood!

We loved the tree frogs song so much that we spent 3 hours by the pond at CN recording them so we could play it at home to fall asleep. Some people just need to complain about something.
    CTI- December 2010
    CN- December 2013

The frogs can get pretty loud at Swept Away. I don't know why they have to have it up so high. If it ever gets too loud, just call the front desk, and ask them to turn the sound system down just a bit. That usually seems to do the trick......Really?

We have a recording too. I LOVE the frogs!!
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

I read a review, years ago, where someone complained about the "recorded sounds of insects" that the resort incessantly piped in all night long throughtout the resort. RECORDED? Really? That gave me a good laugh.

Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We also enjoyed the sound of nature at CSA last May. It drowned out my snoring the wife said!!

Come on man the frogs! If that's your only gripe you got it made man.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I read a review, years ago, where someone complained about the "recorded sounds of insects" that the resort incessantly piped in all night long throughtout the resort. RECORDED? Really? That gave me a good laugh.

Shaking my head.... that is crazy. I love the sounds.

Those little frogs are wonderful. Had one in our room once. Have a recording too.

Life is good

This reminds me of a trip back in "04 we took with 3 other couples to CN. One of the ladies in our group insisted that the sounds of the tree frogs were coming from speakers hidden throughout the lush landscaping and actually said she thought it was rather "tacky" of Couples to fake a tropical environment. We could not convince her that it is really tree frogs and not a recording and that Couples is anything but "tacky". And...BTW, you are in a tropical environment!
    We still laugh about that when we bring up old trips.
    As for having trouble sleeping, try a couple Bob Marley's before hitting the sack!

Love those frogs!!

I have said to my wife, literally on every trip to CSA- I wish couples would produce a CD for the gift shop- or as a romance reward item. I'd be all over it !

I have a few recordings, too. It's a lullabye to me. I sleep so well to that sound. We have frogs here, too...not even tpremotely the same!! 24 days and a wake up til we are back at CSA!

I read that review on Trip Advisor and just couldn't believe it! Hubby and I only hear that lovely sound when we are in Jamaica and it definitely adds to the tropical ambiance! I think some guests may need a slight attitude adjustment---how can you complain about sounds from nature????? One love to all especially the tree frogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    Those little frogs are wonderful. Had one in our room once. Have a recording too.

Life is good
    Never got a tree frog, we just had the friendly Geckos....we even named the little one Phineas. I watched the 'Marley' the documentary again on Netflix the other day and there's a small segment at the beginning of the film where you can hear the tree frogs as they filmed in the forest around Nine Mile and it always instantly brings me back to nights at CSA sitting on the verandah.

Here is the one we caught in our room.

Name:  DSC01303.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  124.5 KB

Life is good

I love the sounds of the tree frogs. I even bought a CD of tree frogs so I could here them when I want to at home.

We love them too - even recorded them to listen at home. People can complain about anything - we're all different.

Quote Originally Posted by karinjim View Post
    I love the sounds of the tree frogs. I even bought a CD of tree frogs so I could here them when I want to at home.
    Karinjim...Where did you find a CD of tree frogs?!?!? Would love to get one for my hubby for our anniversary! I've googled but haven't been able to find anything.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Just found this...Interesting Note about Why Tree Frogs Sing

The male tree frogs sing to attract females. They only sing when they feel that the environmental conditions would support eggs and allow the eggs to stay moist. Very few will sing when it is dry out; but they will sing in large numbers after a rain, particularly after a series of showers. The males create their song by moving air back and forth between their lungs and a distendable air sac below their mouth. Though fascinating to watch, they are difficult to find, for they are less than an inch long and tan; blending in well with most foliage. The timing of their calls is distinct and planned. When a frog joins the chorus, he will identify a period when no currently singing frog is vocalizing and “take over” that “unused” time slot, resulting in a group of frogs who sing in the same sequence for quite some time.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Wow! rrallen, thanks for the Tree Frog info. Very interesting. We do love the little guys... the sound is 100% Jamaica and makes us so happy to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    Just found this...Interesting Note about Why Tree Frogs Sing

The male tree frogs sing to attract females. They only sing when they feel that the environmental conditions would support eggs and allow the eggs to stay moist. Very few will sing when it is dry out; but they will sing in large numbers after a rain, particularly after a series of showers. The males create their song by moving air back and forth between their lungs and a distendable air sac below their mouth. Though fascinating to watch, they are difficult to find, for they are less than an inch long and tan; blending in well with most foliage. The timing of their calls is distinct and planned. When a frog joins the chorus, he will identify a period when no currently singing frog is vocalizing and “take over” that “unused” time slot, resulting in a group of frogs who sing in the same sequence for quite some time.
    That makes a lot of sense. We were there is May one time and it was a little dryer overall and the frogs were quiter. In August and September they were wicked loud......in a good way.

I love them too. The first time I went to Jamaica was Couples Ocho Rios now CTI and I thought the sounds were coming out of the speakers. LOL.

Of course I know better now. When I went to Negril for the first time I was asking around to make sure they had frogs there too.