Thread: Conch fritters

Default Conch fritters

I love them. Has anyone ever seen them on the menu at any of the restaurants. Will be at CSA and of May

never seen them in 6 trips

Conch fritters are overrated IMHO. I've never had one anywhere that wasn't a ball of batter with only a bit of rubbery chopped up conch intermixed. I'd rather have someone beat the conch until it was soft and have it grilled in the same way Greek octopus is grilled. Or boiled for an hour then grilled. And no. I haven't seen conch on the menu.

Nope.

Never seen them on Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by moiira View Post
    I love them. Has anyone ever seen them on the menu at any of the restaurants. Will be at CSA and of May
    Never seen the, on the menu, or any other conch for that matter.

I love conch fritters too! We had them at CSS a few years ago, but I don't see them on any of the menus anymore. I don't know if this helps you, but I did notice that they are on the menu at Margaritaville. So if you are planning on a trip there, you can probably get some.

Last time we were at CTI one of by buddy's caught a conch while diving, he brought it back to the dive shop and the guys prepared it right there, It was Outstanding! just some lime juice like a ceviche. It was much better than a fritter. I never saw fritters at CTI.

Most of the fritters offered at CTI are veggie based, and extremely delicious. Conch can be had at local spots just up the road.

Yep, Margaritaville is on the agenda just in case. I love conch

Theirs are OK; we had them at the MoBay location when we stayed on the strip fro a night.

I'm talking LOCAL-LOCAL. Leave CTI on foot, turn left, walk past the first road, and hit the little bar on your left. The owner/proprietor is so sweet, and her husband works at CSS. She also makes AWESOME chickn-feet soup.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Theirs are OK; we had them at the MoBay location when we stayed on the strip fro a night.

I'm talking LOCAL-LOCAL. Leave CTI on foot, turn left, walk past the first road, and hit the little bar on your left. The owner/proprietor is so sweet, and her husband works at CSS. She also makes AWESOME chickn-feet soup.
    Long walk from CSA to the one near CTI