Default Need booking advice from the veterans...

I just convinced my husband that we really need this trip and he has agreed!! I have arranged dates with my in-laws to fly cross country to take care of our kids so we are pretty locked in to specific dates. We are planning to come early to mid September. We are planning 6 nights at CSA. We stayed at CN in 2005 and CSA in 2012. In previous years we planned our trips well in advance and I kept an eye on deals but now we are date restricted and not very far out. I found very reasonable air fare so now I just need to book our room. We were actually hoping to do the Secret Rendezvous deal but I see that it's no longer offered. So CSA it is...
    My question is: should I book ASAP? Or will better offers become available as it gets closer? I know the best deals are way in advance but we already missed those. Advice please!!!!
    Also, can anyone offer advice about the weather in September? We have been in May and July in the past and it's been perfect both trips.
    Thanks so very much! I can't wait to go back!!!

On the weather - We always go in September/October and have been fine. Keep in mind that is hurricane season so rain is to be expected... I want to say in 6 trips we have only had 1 full day of rain (which doesn't inhibit our fun!), mostly just hour long rain showers late afternoon. Go and enjoy!!!

Regarding the best rate, book directly with Couples and if you find a better deal (I believe up til 30 days from your arrival date) they will honor that deal for you at no charge! ALL IS GOOD!

If you're going ton CSA book as soon as you can. Room categories sell out fast at CSA.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by AmyHaz View Post
    I just convinced my husband that we really need this trip and he has agreed!! I have arranged dates with my in-laws to fly cross country to take care of our kids so we are pretty locked in to specific dates. We are planning to come early to mid September. We are planning 6 nights at CSA. We stayed at CN in 2005 and CSA in 2012. In previous years we planned our trips well in advance and I kept an eye on deals but now we are date restricted and not very far out. I found very reasonable air fare so now I just need to book our room. We were actually hoping to do the Secret Rendezvous deal but I see that it's no longer offered. So CSA it is...
    My question is: should I book ASAP? Or will better offers become available as it gets closer? I know the best deals are way in advance but we already missed those. Advice please!!!!
    Also, can anyone offer advice about the weather in September? We have been in May and July in the past and it's been perfect both trips.
    Thanks so very much! I can't wait to go back!!!
    As was mentioned in an earlier response, it is hurricane season. We were caught in a tropical storm on the island and let me tell you it was not a good thing. You take that chance. It doesn't happen often but if it does you will not enjoy it!

Congrats on your upcoming vacation to Jamaica and Couples!! You are going to love this vacation. I would advise to book ASAP as well. The room categories do sell out quickly. While at CSA, we enjoy the Atrium Suites. Great privacy and lush gardens. When booking your airfare well in advance, you may save some money....but keep in mind, early bookings often have flight schedule changes. This has happened to us twice. Both times the airlines worked with me to get a flight closer to the original ones booked. Keep watching for low airfare and good rates for the hotel....but don't wait too long. Have a super trip!

We always used to go in late January, then switched to early November for about 6 or 7 years. The past (3) years we have went in early or late September and the weather was PERFECT. Not 1 day of rain in 3 years. BUT.... it is hurricane season. You are taking a chance. The island and resorts are not very crowded which is a good thing because you do not have to wait anywhere. The airport is empty, the resort is low occupancy and you get great beach chairs, can eat at any restaurant any night, etc...

This coming fall we switched back to early November.

In January and early February you could almost count on getting an afternoon storm that did not last that long. It has to rain to keep everything looking so nice.

Remember Couples will match or give you any 'better deal' after you book. So you can't lose there. We have only been to CSS so I can't speak to CSA. As far as I know the Secret Rendezvous is still offered. Call them. As to the hurricane issue, we were there for Sandy and had a wonderful time!!! The staff was great, the resort (CSS) had generators for the entire facility so we never lost power - for more than a few minutes. They rearranged things so we all ate together with a buffet and they got the facility back up in a couple of days. No matter where you go, you will love it!!!!

Once you decide where and when you want to go, book right away. I wouldn't be surprised if some room categories are booked up already, so there is nothing to gain by waiting.

We used to always go in late January/early February and then we changed to early November for about (6) years. The past (3) years we have went in September and the weather was perfect, not 1 day of rain. BUT, it is hurricane season and it would probably be pretty miserable if you were stuck there during a hurricane or had to evacuate like one of our friends. No guarantees, it has to rain because everything is so green and beautiful.

But when we were there in September it was really nice, the airport was not crowded, the beach was not packed, easy to get a chair anywhere, easy to eat at any restaurant any night.

This year we are moving back to early November.

I just booked our trip today. The lowest price anywhere is on allinclusiveoutlet.com. My travel agent is matching that price and I'm sure the Couples' website would too. There's a promo for 55% off + $300 resort credit with 7 nights booked. So excited!

We switched from October to December after a storm out to sea in 2011 that gave us bad weather, and Hurricane Sandy in 2012. 2013 was our last October, and it was just a lot of rain.