Default Delta Airlines from Minneapolis February 2015

We just booked our flight for February 7, 2015 to February 14, 2015.
    Minneapolis non stop to MBJ coach - about $700.00, 1st class about $1000.00
    IMHO- this is a great deal and wanted to share with the board.

We initially had planned on going Feb 14 to Feb 21, but the price of the flight was about $200 more per person.

Incidentally, I had booked the Love Away plan. I called and changed the dates and it was really easy. No holding, the person spoke good and clear english and I got thru right away.

CSS here we come.

Only 3xx more sleeps........lol.

700 pp or for both?
    Last edited by softail19; March 28th, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Delta has great deals all the time and you have to check daily. My first class tickets from Sacramento were $960pp for Dec 2014. $60 less pp than coach. A day later first class tickets were $1469. Even if first class is a little more it's worth the money since you get up to 3 70lb checked bags free.
    Last edited by lotsastuff4u; March 28th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Can I ask what airline you are using? I cannot seem to find a non-stop for the life of me from MSP to MBJ. Maybe I'm just not experienced enough at searching flights. My husband and I have decided (not for our next trip in December-January, but in the future) that if we fly non-stop, we would probably try to upgrade to Business/1st class to enjoy a WAY more enjoyable day of travel! Thanks for whatever advice you have!! and Congrats on the nice deal!!!

Price was per person. Sorry I didn't specify.

Lucky you, I couldn't find it, but that's a pretty good deal for non stop. Enjoy!

Kimmer- Delta Airlines flies non stop from MSP to MBJ on Saturday's- in February. Not sure about rest of year. Might be a "high season" thing.
    Also, Sun Country Airlines flies non stop out of MSP but they won't release their fares for 2015 until probably end of summer. As far as I know, they are the only 2 airlines that fly non stop out of MSP.

Check out Delta.com- Saturday to Saturday and you will find the non stop flight. They do seem to fill up pretty quickly and we have always found that the best/cheapest time to book is almost as soon as they release the fares, which I think is about 300 days before travel.

Hope this helps you.

use google.com/flights

Works really good, you can specify non-stop or # of stops, use nearby airports and is really fast

Um... wow, sorry. I did not mean what airline... obviously you wrote Delta right in the subject Does Delta only do non-stops on Saturdays? *blushing for stupidity*

Thanks

Kimmer- I am not sure if they only do Saturdays or not. I kind of think so. I do think Sun Country travels to MBJ out of MSP a couple of days a week. Wed and Sat is what I think I remember.

Thanks, Joleen! (Overlap of timing before posting, apparently)

Good advice all around regarding flights! Thanks!

I love Sun Country, wish they would fly year round.

$700 non-stop, first class? WOW! I will look every so often at flights from MSP to MBJ and will typically find one-stop coach flights in the mid-$600s per person and non-stop coach flights in the $800s. Unless you want to take a chance with Spirit. They are usually $50-$100 cheaper.

Through no fault of Couples, the prices of flights to Jamaica have also become a factor on vacation destinations. In 2005, I think we paid about $400 per person, so nowadays the flights themselves are adding an additional $500 to the total cost.

Beam me up Scotty!