Default What will it realistically cost to play golf?

I understand that unlimited golf is included but that's just the green fee. When I look at fees I'm a bit confused as to what the charges really are.

Here are the fees:

Rental & Caddy Fees:
    •$20.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking; $15.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
    •$30.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart; $20.00 per caddy for 9 holes on shared cart
    •Yamaha Carts: $40.00 per cart for 18 holes; $25.00 for 9 holes
    •Taylor Made Clubs: $60.00 for 18 holes or $35.00 for 9 holes for ladies and gents, left and right-handed clubs
    •Adidas Shoes: $16.00, including socks
    Please note that the Upton Golf & Country Club only accepts credit/debit cards for payment.

So my wife wants to golf in a cart, with a caddy and has her own equipment.. My confusion is the 2nd and 3rd bullets. Is she looking at paying $40 for the cart for 18holes PLUS $30 for the caddy on shared cart? (Plus the expected $20 caddy tip??)

If anyone who's done the 'free' golf could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

You pay the caddie fee (that is probably the $20, but it was 18 last time I went), If you want a cart you rent one for $20 per person ($40 for two riders) for 18 holes. You should tip the caddie (the caddie fee goes mostly to the course, not to the caddie!). I usually tip $20 for 18 holes.

If you walk it will cost $20 (Caddie Fee) plus tip for the caddie.

If you ride you add the cost of the cart. If you are talking Negril Hills then walking is more challenging than walking the Sandals Course at Upton (that would be your course if you are at CTI or CSS). I would not hesitate to walk at Upton, but I like to ride at Negril Hills.

Don't forget to buy your caddie a drink when you get one from the drink cart.

I hope this helps.

No, I'm sorry that didn't really help. Throwing in all that walking stuff and other courses is just noise.

Couples website bullet #1 says $20 for a caddy.
    Couples website bullet #2 says $30 for caddy and cart?
    Couples website bullet #3 says $40 for Yamaha cart? (What is this and where does the caddy come in?)

I'm not sure why this is confusing me. Maybe it's just me. Let's simplify.

Upton golf course - 1 golfer + caddy + cart + $20tip = ?

Nevermind, I think I figured it out.

The $30 caddy on share cart is the caddy fee if both my wife and I were playing on the same cart. So it's a share caddy. Now I get it.

So a cart is $40 and a caddy is either $20 or $30 depending on if she's alone or paired with someone.

Does that sound right!

Just noise? Gee, please accept my apologies for not trying to help better.

BTW- The reason I threw in that 'noise' about other courses is because your post did not specify which course you were talking about.
    Last edited by rhallva; March 29th, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    BTW- The reason I threw in that 'noise' about other courses is because your post did not specify which course you were talking about. I should have read your mind better. No wonder you were so unappreciative of my attempt to help.
    As one of the chairman of the Couples Ocho Rios Charity Golf Tournament I can say that the costs at the Upton Sandals Golf and Country club are:
    $20.00 per person per caddie
    $20.00 per person for the cart
    Green fees are paid by Couples and the cost of club rentals are as stated previously.
    Since the caddies only get about 20% of the fee that you pay the club I would recommend a tip of at least $10.00US per person.
    Any qouestions, ask?

Sorry friend but the original post did say Upton Golf and Country Club and that she wanted a cart. I figured out so issue closed.

Just got back recently and it cost me $35.70US with a shared cart (a twosome) and $55.40US when I went out by myself (a single). This was at Negril HIlls. Plus I tipped the caddy $20US. Went out 4 times while there, and the prices seem to have a minor fluctuate each day???? I charged each round and cart on MC: could be the exchange rate changing each day?? Paid caddy with cash. Also bought caddy Gatorade/water (whatever) during round.
    Its cheap golf with a power cart and caddy. You could take a taxi to Tyrall and pay $200+ just for green fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc&Sue View Post
    Sorry friend but the original post did say Upton Golf and Country Club and that she wanted a cart. I figured out so issue closed.
    Marc&Sue, maybe you should say thank you to those that tried to help you.

So true Zachmack, especially since the very first part of the very first reply correctly answered the question the OP was asking.