Hybrid View

Default Married before u get there?

When reading the wedding info it seems it says must provide marriage certificate 30 days prior to arrival??? Someone please explain...

Where did you see that on the site? It's not correct.

Here is the documentation that you need to get married:
    What documentation is needed and when?
    Must be 18 years of age and on island for 2 days prior to wedding.
    Birth certificates (notarized or certified copies of the original must be sent to our office at least 30 days prior to arrival) Documents submitted will not be returned as they are kept by the Jamaican Government.
    Divorce Decree – first and last pages only (notarized or certified copies of the original must be sent to our office at least 30 days prior to arrival)
    Death certificate (notarized or certified copies of the original must be sent to our office at least 30 days prior to arrival)
    Copy of Photo ID or Passport (doesn’t need to be notarized)
    All documents must be notarized and translated professionally into English.

This blurb below is in order to get the Honeymoon Perks. Though they do have it on the Wedding Page which I think is a mistake.
    *Proof of marriage required. Arrival must be within 30 days of wedding date
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

djkearney - Maybe you saw that for the vow renewals. We had to provide a copy of our marriage certificate for this.
    Jim ~n~ Kelly

If you're planning to marry at one of the Couples Resorts, then you need to submit the necessary documents (e.g., birth certificates) 30 days before you arrive so that Couples can obtain a marriage license on your behalf.

If you're already married, are planning to spend your honeymoon at Couples, and are arriving within 30 days of your wedding date, then you need documentation (e.g., your marriage certificate or wedding invitation) in order to receive honeymoon perks, but you don't need to forward that to Couples in advance.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

When reading the wedding info it seems it says must provide marriage certificate 30 days prior to arrival??? Someone please explain...

This is needed if you want to receive the honeymooners gift and massage.

Quote Originally Posted by bet0925 View Post

This is needed if you want to receive the honeymooners gift and massage.
    You're misreading something. To receive the honeymoon perks, let them know when you make your reservation that you will be on your honeymoon and bring proof of your marriage (your wedding invitation or wedding certificate) to present at the time of check in. To be eligible to receive honeymoon perks, you must arrive at the resort within 30 days of the date of your wedding. If you marry June 15 and arrive at the resort on August 15, you're ineligible to receive the honeymoon perks.

From the FAQs:

How do I receive my complimentary honeymoon gifts?
    Honeymooners receive a complimentary bottle of champagne and his / hers half hour massages.
    Reservation must have comment “honeymoon”
    Valid for couples that were married within 30 days of arriving to resort
    Proof of wedding at check in (proof of marriage is a copy of the marriage license or wedding certificate).
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Figured it out

When I called and read that statement to the couples agent, she said proof of marriage 30 days prior is required if you have married in US before arrival...cleared it up for me, maybe this will help someone else too.

djkearney

Relax and enjoy this special time.
    Irie Mon