Default unable to book hotel excursions?

I recently just read this on a review of CTI on TA:

"My main complaint was that we did not get to go snorkelling; the day trips were booked. One of the rec staff said that it is booked up to a week in advance, which didn't help us as we were only there for a week."

is this really happening - taking reservations up to a week in advance? We were at Couples Swept Away last year (only for a week) and had no problems booking the day before. I am currently considering booking CTI or CSS but this would be a deal breaker if unable to enjoy the perks of the AI.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

*one other question... is the catamaran cruise only available at CTI? And why is it not at CSS? The cruise was one of our favorite parts of CSA. Thanks!

No. They won't let you book more than a day in advance. Don't worry, you can go snorkeling every day if you want to.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    No. They won't let you book more than a day in advance. Don't worry, you can go snorkeling every day if you want to.
    Glad to hear Wally! Thanks!

You see these crazy things on TA, makes you wonder if these people are just making things up??!! Wouldn't be the first time something was written up on TA but totally debunked on this message board.

CSS doesn't have a catamaran cruise because of the nearby reef.

Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    I recently just read this on a review of CTI on TA:

"My main complaint was that we did not get to go snorkelling; the day trips were booked. One of the rec staff said that it is booked up to a week in advance, which didn't help us as we were only there for a week."

is this really happening - taking reservations up to a week in advance? We were at Couples Swept Away last year (only for a week) and had no problems booking the day before. I am currently considering booking CTI or CSS but this would be a deal breaker if unable to enjoy the perks of the AI.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

*one other question... is the catamaran cruise only available at CTI? And why is it not at CSS? The cruise was one of our favorite parts of CSA. Thanks!
    I think the review writer was confused. SCUBA not snorkeling gets booked up in advance. you'll be fine if you want to snorkel.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    CSS doesn't have a catamaran cruise because of the nearby reef.
    Thanks suzyQ - I had read that someone enjoyed taking out the catamaran and visiting the sister property in Sans Souci (but just re-read and that was last April) - leaving me to wonder why both did not offer it. Maybe they meant a Hobi Cat?

Are the two resorts fairly close to each other? Also can anyone tell me if there is any places within walking distance of CTI if you were to leave the property such as restaurants, shopping, etc.? Or how far of a cab ride? Thanks!

I was just at CSA last month and we had no trouble signing up for snorkeling almost every single day (we went out 7 times). You can only sign up one day in advance, so I don't think the TA reviewer knew what they were talking about.

CSS and CTI are not walking distance to each other, if that is what you are asking.

There is a little grocery store right up the street and small local restaurant. One of the Bellamy can get you a cab into Ochi or you can take the shopping shuttle.