Default First Timers at CTI in September!!!

I love reading these message boards and being able to get some good ideas on what to do when we arrive. The question I have is does anyone know what the weather is like around September 28-October 5? I just want to get an idea so that we are ready for anything possible, even though if it rains we will be happy either way since we will be in the most beautiful place ever for our Honeymoon! only 181 days until we arrive, i am open to any suggestions on fun things they like to do while at CTI, and if you have done any of the excursions?!

Kaila

In August it's extremely humid so it feels a lot hotter. In December it's really cool and pleasant. We like March, April, May best, halfway in between. We've never been in September, but probably the same. A little rain here and there is to be expected in the tropics, par for the course. For excursions, Dunn's River once if you've never done that. I like shopping in Ocho. I try to do no more than one excursion per trip though, leave something for next time, just relax and enjoy.

Thank you so much! I kinda figured there would be some rain here and there but no biggy I know we will have a blast no matter what! As for Dunn's River that was one of the main reasons we picked CTI, my fiance was so set on waiting to do the falls and I can not wait to try them. Are they usually crowded on certain days more than other days? 177 days until we arrive!!!!!
    Last edited by KayK; April 4th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

We were at CTI last year the exact same week. It did not rain one single drop the whole 7 days, Early September the year before and no rain.

Great time to visit if their are no hurricanes, you almost have the place to yourself.

KayK, Weekends are usually the busiest and days when cruise ships are in port.You can try this link for a ship schedule. http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/J...eptember_2014/ Have fun...oQUOTE=KayK;242598]Thank you so much! I kinda figured there would be some rain here and there but no biggy I know we will have a blast no matter what! As for Dunn's River that was one of the main reasons we picked CTI, my fiance was so set on waiting to do the falls and I can not wait to try them. Are they usually crowded on certain days more than other days? 177 days until we arrive!!!!![/QUOTE]

So glad to hear that the weather was great when you were there! I also like to hear that the resort is not as packed around that time, so I am sure we will be able to visit and do all the things we want to while we are at the resort. Thank you all so much for the information and I will be sure to check that link out so we can plan our trip to Dunn's on the best day possible! 174 days and counting!

the concierge will let you know what is the best day for a visit to Dunns, the ship schedules do change.

Every time that we have been to the falls it has been busy but they manage to get you through there just fine. Some people climb slowly, some not.

Make sure that on Lobster night (friday?) you have reservations at 8-River, the lobster is the best there.

Thank you so much! I will make sure that is the first reservation we make when we arrive ! I have been looking at the food and I can not wait to try it all, everything sounds so amazing!

Try the island, early in your trip.

That is what everyone keeps telling us! I am sure we will at least try it once and I hear people are so nice even on the island that it doesn't make it awkward to go there!

Been to CTI three times in September and I would hate to jinx you but we've had nothing but perfect weather every time. We always buy the trip insurance just in case. It's our favorite time to visit. We never do any excursions because we love the island, the people, the spa and the resort WAY TOO MUCH. Enjoy!

We made sure to get trip insurace! I am sure even if we have some rain we will make the best of it! Thank you everyone for all the great information! Keep it coming!

Do a power walk with Alford in the morning. It's a great way to see what's outside the resort & burn off some calories from the great food and drinks.

Take lots of sunscreen. Aerosols are easy to use but do t go very far. They also contain alcohol and dry your skin.

I think I may try to do that a few times while there, don't want to lose all this hard work I am doing do get fit for our wedding! We will be bringing tons of sunscreen, my fiance burns so easily so I will have a ton on hand for sure! lol thanks for the heads up about the aerosols!
    Last edited by KayK; April 14th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.