Default Glistening waters at Couple's Negril?

I've read about Luminous Lagoon in another thread & read where some one experienced this in Bloody Bay. My question, has anyone else experienced this while on a night swim and what time of year was it? TIA

Only 50 more day before our first island vacation!

Looking around on Google, it seems there are some bioluminescent coral in Bloody Bay (Where CN is), but I couldn't find any reference to the "glowing water" that you are referring to. It seems that the Glistening waters is located at Falmouth, about 20 miles to the east of Montego Bay. Too bad - I would have loved to try swimming in that!
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

Are these the little sea creatures that glow when they are disturbed? If so, I saw them on a night snorkeling trip at CN in 2009. We were just south of Bloody Bay. Our guide had us all turn off our flash lights.. it was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    Are these the little sea creatures that glow when they are disturbed? If so, I saw them on a night snorkeling trip at CN in 2009. We were just south of Bloody Bay. Our guide had us all turn off our flash lights.. it was amazing!
    Yes! That's what I was referring to benandmiranda? Do you remember what time of year you experienced this? Was it a moonless night?

Quote Originally Posted by heytoni View Post
    Yes! That's what I was referring to benandmiranda? Do you remember what time of year you experienced this? Was it a moonless night?
    It was June, and it was in the third week, around a new moon. So yes, there was little to no moon! I couldn't remember exactly so I checked a lunar calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    It was June, and it was in the third week, around a new moon. So yes, there was little to no moon! I couldn't remember exactly so I checked a lunar calendar.
    We will have a half moon when we arrive and it will be getting smaller each night so we may get to witness this. I think that would be awesome, especially since we did not get to see the northern lights in Alaska.

We did get to see bioluminescent water. The night we went snorkling we could see specks glowing through the glass bottom boat. Another night we waded about waist deep into the water and could see specks when we waved our arms around. The second time we tried that we didn't see anything and I'm pretty sure I got stung by a jellyfish.

We went to the Luminous Lagoon back in Sept. 2012, but we did it from CSS. It was about an hour drive and didn't get back to CSS until 9:30 PM. A lot of people didn't get into the water, but we did. When you moved around in the water, the water would glow. It is about 4 feet deep and the bottom was muddy, so water shoes is a good idea. I got under the water, and when I stood up, it looked like diamonds were rolling off my body.

Anyone staying at CSS or CTI, I would recommend going, but from Negril, you wouldn't get back until 10:30-11:00 PM.