Default Volleyball and Beach Walking

Husbands only must have is beach volleyball and I enjoy calm waters and walking the beach. I am looking for resort suggestions. We have been to CTI, CN, CSA and we were thinking about going back to CSS or CTI. The only thing holding me back is the size of the beach. We have not been to CTI since 2001 and was wondering what people thought of the changes made at CTI. Did any of the changes take away from or add to the size of the beach? Can someone tell me about the beach at CSS and also do both have volleyball on a daily basis? Thanks Jul & Ric

If you're looking for beach volleyball, calm waters and walking on the beach then CN is the place. But, since you're thoughts are CSS or CTI then we'd recommend CSS. It has a larger beach (main) and daily beach volleyball game (usually). The beach at CSS is in a cove so is protected and more calm than that at CTI. It's not the soft, white Negril sand but more the harder brown version. We prefer that beach to the one at CTI. Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    If you're looking for beach volleyball, calm waters and walking on the beach then CN is the place.
    Have to agree with Bart and Bug. Love the fact that CN is in a bay and the waters have been calm. Also the daily volleyball at 11:00 and 4:00 on the beach and I think 2;00 in the pool (never did the pool, only the beach) make for fun times. We also did a daily walk up the beach to the North, when we go to the vendors, they asked us the first two days if we wanted anything, we just said "no thanks". On the third day, they didn't even ask, just smiled and said hello.

Regarding CSS and CTI - My understanding is that CSS has afternoon volleyball on the main beach. I'm looking forward to finding out how active it is when we go in November.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Best volleyball court is CN. Their court is on the sand and somewhat isolate from the rest of the beach. Best beach to walk is CSA. CSA is on seven mile beach and you can walk a long ways in soft white sand.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Regarding CSS and CTI - My understanding is that CSS has afternoon volleyball on the main beach. I'm looking forward to finding out how active it is when we go in November.
    Hi Kurt and Angie! Typically CSS has an afternoon game that kicks off about 3 PM. We've been there a few times and were disappointed on our last visit that there were a few days where it seemed that nobody wanted to get a game going. Usually the Water Sports/Entertainment folks are good about getting it started...but it takes guests wanting to play also to make it really fun. Hope you guys have a great time there in November.