Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    Default Who has tried other resorts and then came back?

    We have tried CN and CSA. We have also visited a few other resorts around Jamaica. We have decided for this years trips to try a couple other properties. We are visiting the Island 3x this year, just got back last with after spending Spring Break with the kiddos.

    There were things we really liked about other hotels and things we really liked about CSA. We are not hard to please and have never had a bad time on any vacation, but just continuing our adventure to see if we find something that is even more to our liking.

    Just wondering if anyone else has left the fold and returned? I assume those who have not returned would not likely be on the forum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    Trip #6 to csa in 17 days , css once and our first trip to Jamaica was down the beach a ways. We ventured over to css which was gorgeous but if we are on the island, csa is the place for us. I have no desire to stay anywhere else. Now we are contemplating going to a different island and I'm struggling mightily .
    Last edited by softail19; April 2nd, 2014 at 01:09 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    We first experienced Couples at CSA in 2008. We did go to other resorts before returning to Couples (CTI & CSS) but on other islands. Then again before CN last Dec. When in Jamaica it's been Couples for us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    681

    Default

    We have stayed at a lot of different resorts and hotels in Jamaica. For us it is has not been a matter of trying somewhere else and then feeling a need to go back to Couples. Couples has always been a great vacation experience for us, but since we like to stay in different places at different times for different reasons 4 Couples resorts in Jamaica is not enough to make us ignore all others. We like to see different places and while we are always happy to come back to Couples, we won't ever stop trying new places in favor the same experience time after time. There are lot of wonderful places to stay in Jamaica, and while Couples may be the best it's not the only place worth staying.
    CSS in a week or so for us!
    Respect and good travels-

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    We are fortunate to be able to travel to Jamaica for 2 weeks each year and often do split stays between CTI/CSS or CN/CSA. One year we decided to split our stay between CTI and another resort in Ocho (hint...emeralds, diamonds, rubies, are all types of.....). It came HIGHLY recommended by someone back home so we gave it a whirl. Needless to say we HATED it and checked out less than 24 hours later. We are not picky people and I really struggled trying to understand how so many people around me looked to be having a great time and I was thinking the place was awful. Everything seemed really dirty, the guests were all loud and obnoxious, drinks so strong you couldn't even drink them, the property was old and run down, and LOUD music (bad music at that) and stupid games going on everywhere. Think games like who can do the best funky chicken dance or how many people can stand on a towel. And let's not forgot the Entertainment Team who screamed at us all day into a Microphone trying to get everyone to play said games. Anyway, not my idea of a good time. So, with that, we left and checked into CSS for the day. As soon as I stepped out of the cab and into the CSS Lobby all was right in the world again Needless to say, we have not gone anywhere else in Jamaica since. When it Jamaica, we go to Couples. That is not to say that there are not other beautiful properties in Jamaica but really, why mess with perfection?? Happy Travels everyone!
    Kris

  6. #6

    Default

    Been to the "S" resorts, stayed at Boscobell beach resort "before" it became CSS. Negril is beautiful, but for my taste CTI is the bomb!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    After our first visit to CSA, we tried an adults only AI in the Dominican Republic. While the DR was fine, we have since been back with Couples 8 times. We are fortunate enough to be able to travel to other places during the course of the year (we love San Pedro in Belize and Key West), but the only AI we will go to is Couples. Couples has exceptional service and they treat their employees well.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    We are fortunate to be able to travel to Jamaica for 2 weeks each year and often do split stays between CTI/CSS or CN/CSA. One year we decided to split our stay between CTI and another resort in Ocho (hint...emeralds, diamonds, rubies, are all types of.....). It came HIGHLY recommended by someone back home so we gave it a whirl. Needless to say we HATED it and checked out less than 24 hours later. We are not picky people and I really struggled trying to understand how so many people around me looked to be having a great time and I was thinking the place was awful. Everything seemed really dirty, the guests were all loud and obnoxious, drinks so strong you couldn't even drink them, the property was old and run down, and LOUD music (bad music at that) and stupid games going on everywhere. Think games like who can do the best funky chicken dance or how many people can stand on a towel. And let's not forgot the Entertainment Team who screamed at us all day into a Microphone trying to get everyone to play said games. Anyway, not my idea of a good time. So, with that, we left and checked into CSS for the day. As soon as I stepped out of the cab and into the CSS Lobby all was right in the world again Needless to say, we have not gone anywhere else in Jamaica since. When it Jamaica, we go to Couples. That is not to say that there are not other beautiful properties in Jamaica but really, why mess with perfection?? Happy Travels everyone!
    We are hitting the Island 3x this year. We just got back from a trip with the kids and we stayed at HISS in Montego Bay. We simply picked it for the kids and didn't expect much at all, but we had a great time. I also enjoyed staying somewhere different. The snorkeling at the property was superior to that at either Couples property in Negril. The beach was def not Negril quality though! I was surprised at a few of the things that HISS did that I really liked compared to couples. They addressed one of my biggest complaints, COLD BEER! Their draft beer was cold and their refrigerator was able to chill a bottle as well. These were two of my chief complaints with CSA last summer.

    We are staying at the Jewel Paradise Cove in June. We are then trying the new RIU Palace in Sept. I expect after that we will be ready to head back to Negril in 2015, probably at CSA, but really not feeling the latest price increase. That is what got us looking around. When you take multiple trips the savings add up!!!

    We know no matter where we stay we will have a good time, we have never had a bad vacation and like the adventure of staying new places.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    I actually stayed at HISS as a teenager and had a great time there. Good place for families and the price can't be beat. Glad to hear it's still a fun time

    Don't get me wrong, I am all for trying new places. We have traveled throughout Mexico and love exploring new places. I think for us, I just know that when travelling in Jamaica it is hard to beat Couples, and I'm afraid that if we ever did book somewhere else we would regret it. But, as you said, at some point cost may become a factor. As much as we love Couples resorts there is only so much I can justify paying for a week...and there are a lot of options in other carribean destinations that come into play when paying top dollar!
    Kris

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    My wife and I just returned from 6 days in Cancun, there for a family wedding. I can tell you that as swank and fancy as this resort was, it does not match up to either CSA or CTI. It was an "All-Inclusive" but you had to tip and compared to Couples who truly is All Inclusive, there was no comparison. The resort was very large and beautiful, but the people were rather stand-offish. In fact at the swim up pool bar one of the people reading a book asked one lady to be quiet. If you wanted to do anything at all that we, as guests, take for granted at Couples, you had to pay big $$ to do. The staff was on par with Couples and the food was probably somewhat better, although serving size was rather small, as this was a 4 Diamond resort, but give me Couples anyday. Going back home to CTI 8/22/14 for 10 more glorious days.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRAWD View Post
    My wife and I just returned from 6 days in Cancun, there for a family wedding. I can tell you that as swank and fancy as this resort was, it does not match up to either CSA or CTI. It was an "All-Inclusive" but you had to tip and compared to Couples who truly is All Inclusive, there was no comparison. The resort was very large and beautiful, but the people were rather stand-offish. In fact at the swim up pool bar one of the people reading a book asked one lady to be quiet. If you wanted to do anything at all that we, as guests, take for granted at Couples, you had to pay big $$ to do. The staff was on par with Couples and the food was probably somewhat better, although serving size was rather small, as this was a 4 Diamond resort, but give me Couples anyday. Going back home to CTI 8/22/14 for 10 more glorious days.

    My GF described her trip to Mexico pretty much the exact same way. We think we found the right Island, just want to explore a bit more.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    We went to CSA for our honeymoon in Sept last year and it was amazing. We went to a beautiful resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic this year for our 1 year anniversary and even though the place was gorgeous and very high end seeming, it just wasnt the same. It was and adults only AI, it was about 35% less than couples, but it just wasn't the same. Did we have fun? Of COURSE....we were on a beautiful beach with palm trees in the Caribbean...but suffice to say we are heading to CN in 37 days because the Couples experience is just so much better.

    Laura

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Been to all 4 resorts and this will be our 5th trip back. We love all of the resorts but our fav is Negril. Have already booked for Dec. 2014 and thinking about 7 days at CSS and then 5 days back at Negril in July 2015.

  14. #14

    Default

    We go to Jamaica every March and only stay at Couples. We also take a shorter 5 day trip to other islands/locations in November. While there is always something we like a lot at those places (a huge meandering pool, or an entire restaurant dedicated to lobster dishes, or a fun show at night), nothing has ever compared to the complete package that Couples offers. And we have yet to find a place that offers fantastic food at all meals, in all locations, like Couples. It helps that we adjust our expectations for those trips and try really hard not to compare it to Couples while we are there!

  15. #15

    Default

    My husband and I first started going to the islands with CTI (2007) and CSS (2008, SR 2009).

    The next year for our honeymoon, we decided to not go AI and prioritize the beach. We stayed in a rental condo in Turks & Caicos. Once in a lifetime, breathtaking beach and warm, still turquoise waters... And not much else. Squeaky clean, suburban feel and not very tropical. Expensive everything.

    The next year we tried St. Maarten/St. Martin (non-AI). Spectacular food and fun to walk around. Super beach.

    The next year we skipped the beach and went to Rome. Most. Romantic. Trip. Ever. But I missed my tropical beach.

    So last year, we came home (this time to CSA). Super right decision. And this year (May 18), CN to round it out.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrandMrsBean View Post
    We go to Jamaica every March and only stay at Couples. We also take a shorter 5 day trip to other islands/locations in November. While there is always something we like a lot at those places (a huge meandering pool, or an entire restaurant dedicated to lobster dishes, or a fun show at night), nothing has ever compared to the complete package that Couples offers. And we have yet to find a place that offers fantastic food at all meals, in all locations, like Couples. It helps that we adjust our expectations for those trips and try really hard not to compare it to Couples while we are there!
    I think that's the right term, couples has the "complete package". These other place are nice and have their good qualities, just not the best

  17. #17

    Default

    With us, it was trying other resorts BEFORE Couples, but once we did, we never looked back and have been loyal guests for 16 years.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    799

    Default

    We have been to other resorts. Last month my wife and I were at CSA sitting on the beach at sunset sipping champagne with a three man band singing love songs to just us. I told her “If I had my choice of being anywhere else in the world right now, I would chose right here with you”.

    Life is good

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    We're going to CSA in two weeks - have not been to couples before. Have been to hotels in Rivera Maya twice. Will be interesting to see how we like this resort compared to the other two.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    My husband and I love to travel anywhere tropical, so much so that our wedding took place in Hawaii (Oahu). We are from California and we have been all over the Hawaiian Islands, Mexican coasts, both Pacific and Riviera Maya and Top of the line hotels like the F and AI and in 2011 we discovered Couples Negril... We were blown away. Immediately justified the almost full day of travel it takes to get there. There was nothing ritzy about Couples Negril, but we felt at home strangely. The entire trip, we couldn't get over all of the included amenities, hospitality and in short the Jamaican Island in general. Shortly after our trip, we found out we were expecting our first son. We thought our traveling days were over.. Skip to 2013... My mother sat us down and told us she was taking the baby and kicking us out to enjoy and without skipping a beat, we immediately decided to go back to CN. Everything we loved was just as spectacular as the first time around! Now, in just 10 of the longest days ever, we will be visiting CSA for the first time and this time are being joined by two other couples who were so tired of hearing all the wonderful things about couples that they decided to check it out for themselves. Our son is going to be 2 in May.. We have already planned to take him next year to BN so we are on the Island but we are surely gonna miss Couples... Hopefully we can swing a trip in 2015...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    We have been to other resorts and San Souci is the one we prefer to come back to year after!! We love it there and decided to call it home!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainron62 View Post
    We have tried CN and CSA. We have also visited a few other resorts around Jamaica. We have decided for this years trips to try a couple other properties. We are visiting the Island 3x this year, just got back last with after spending Spring Break with the kiddos.

    There were things we really liked about other hotels and things we really liked about CSA. We are not hard to please and have never had a bad time on any vacation, but just continuing our adventure to see if we find something that is even more to our liking.

    Just wondering if anyone else has left the fold and returned? I assume those who have not returned would not likely be on the forum.
    My wife and I have been to several all inclusives in Jamaica, ST Thomas, Puerto Rico, Belize, Dominican Republic ( yuk), Mexico. Yes there are some that were nicer resorts (MORE UP TO DATE) and there were some not as nice. The things that keep us coming back (this is our 6th trip) is the workers, the perks we get as return guests, of course the most beautiful beach in the world, AND WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED BETTER BY ANY OTHER RESORT COMPARED TO COUPLES. If they keep their prices in our range we will continue to come back. Of course we travel to other locations for variety but when we come to Jamaica (our favorite) we will come to Couples.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •