Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 300 deposit

Default 300 deposit

So, the 300 “incidental deposit” you have to put down when you check in… is this what any massages or anything else we book when we get there comes out of or….?

We have always just given them a credit card and they put a $300 hold on the card. Then when we check out, they charge the card for anything thing (such as spa treatments, gift shop, etc) that we purchased, but only if it exceeds our resort credits. I think our last trip it was about a $40 charge.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Yes. If you don't use it all it will be put back on your card.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Any massages, not included excursions, special order drinks (like bottles of wine), shop purchases, etc. would go to this. We have found they only do a $300 "hold" not an actual withdraw. Your resort credit/rewards credit will get applied first, then it would go to your cc. We have never had an issue with this.

where did you find out about this?

Couples resorts are cashless so anything you purchase will be charged to your room. If you have resort credits, your purchases will be deducted from that first. You can either pay with that credit card or like we did last year, with cash. I have read some people put cash down but most just use a card at checkout.
    Last edited by softail19; April 2nd, 2014 at 02:24 AM.

It should be noted resort credits are not applied until checkout. Last trip i had 300 in credits. 300 hold was applied to cc as stated above. Then i spent more than 300 so the hold was increased again. At checkout resort credits applied and actual charge to cc.

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    Any massages, not included excursions, special order drinks (like bottles of wine), shop purchases, etc. would go to this. We have found they only do a $300 "hold" not an actual withdraw. Your resort credit/rewards credit will get applied first, then it would go to your cc. We have never had an issue with this.
    So if I would use my debit card would $300 be a "pending transaction"?

I personally would never use my debit card in any foreign country. Even if it's just a hold, even at couples. I'm paranoid I guess.

yes with a debit card it would be a pending transaction... but do make sure you let your bank know you're going to be using it out of the country and many will see that charge and deny it thinking it was fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsstorms View Post
    that's what it sound like from all the responses... we might just do a cash deposit. I see on here that's what some have done in the past

Yes, the $300 is a pending transaction, and will go away. It depends on the bank - some drop pending transactions within 24 hours, some take up to 7 business days. (I work with cc everyday-Joy!)

Is the cash deposit more?

They do not take debit cards. At least CTI doesn't. They just told us to use cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    Is the cash deposit more?
    I believe it's 300 whether you use cash or a cc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsstorms View Post
    You never see it on your credit card statement.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    They do not take debit cards. At least CTI doesn't. They just told us to use cash.
    Cash it is then Just wanted to make sure we have enough. Now next question. What if you have 300$ resort credit?

They can take debit cards if transaction is able to be processed as a credit card. I know our debit cards give us that choice. Not sure if all debit cards have that option.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

CSA used our debit card for the $300 hold in 2012 we are headed back in May...can some one confirm if they take debit cards still or not?

They will absolutely take a debit card as long as it has a the Visa or MC logo you will be fine... We used ours one year but then thought better of it... While I want to stress that we have NEVER had any security issues with Couples whatsoever, why risk someone getting your bank account information and draining your account overnight? Happened to my brother in law this week in the US, so overseas makes me more nervous. We use our American Express due to their fantastic fraud protection. I know some folks don't like using CC unnecessarily, I would personally recommend this route and settle up at check out with cash if so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    It should be noted resort credits are not applied until checkout. Last trip i had 300 in credits. 300 hold was applied to cc as stated above. Then i spent more than 300 so the hold was increased again. At checkout resort credits applied and actual charge to cc.
    Does it say that anywhere on the website? We have pre-ordered a romance package using our resort credits. Wouldn't they just apply the credits at the beginning in this situation? Thanks for any help!

What happens is when you check in, they should give you a voucher for resort credits and one for early booking if you booked early. Keep them in your safe and when you check out, you turn them back in. They'll add up what you've spent during your stay, use your credits and to settle the bill, your credit card or cash if you wish. If you don't spend all your credits, you lose them.
    Last year they forgot our early booking bonus and looked it up on the computer and it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbeancarrie View Post
    Does it say that anywhere on the website? We have pre-ordered a romance package using our resort credits. Wouldn't they just apply the credits at the beginning in this situation? Thanks for any help!
    For me...at CSA last year...they did not apply it first. I had a purchase that was going to push my balance over 300 (although i had 300 in credits) and i had to sign another cc authorization for the exact amount over. Then i had another purchase and they needed me to do it agin...so that time i increased the amount to authorize so i would have to keep signing these forms.

At checkout they then applied the credits and did the actual balance charge to my cc.

I wouldn't think that would be possible but what do I know.

I think the point is being missed here... It is just like ANY hotel does in the US, they put a charge hold on your CC. The only difference is they allow you to use that entire hold to purchase goods/services while on resort without carrying your CC or $ around. If you go to the spa, giftshop, order pictures, private dinner, etc... you sign for it and everything is squared up at checkout using whatever method you wish to use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast