Default Names on Reservation don't match names on Airline Info

Hi! I'm stressing out a little bit and thought if I post my concern, maybe/hopefully someone can help me out.

I booked my first trip to CTI yesterday and used the hotel & air option. I filled out the application correctly. Everything looks great on my confirmation. But, when I look up my flight information at US Airways, my first and middle name are combined into one name. Instead of Lauren Ann, it's Laurenann. I know the names need to match my passport which is Lauren Ann. Same thing for my fiance's name. His first and middle names are combined into one. Is this just the way the airline shows the name? Do I need to get this fixed somehow?? I emailed the airline, but they it said to expect a response in 5-7 days. That's too long for me to be anxious about this!!!

Any info much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Lauren

It's OK. I fly almost every week and go through our corporate travel agent. My reservation almost always shows up as Judithjo (combining my first and middle name). The TSA must see that a lot, because they have never once questioned me about it.

I had the same thing happen to my name with Delta. I contacted the airline by phone and explained my concerns. They said it was just a formatting error on the web display. They said it was correct in their system and would be correct on my ticket and for security. It still shows up wrong on Deltas page.. I was a little worried too. I don't want any problems with security on our trip.

Bill

I believe my reservation is like that also.....So I will be looking for the responses. I will be there in June

I have found this is the way they print. Don't stress, you should be fine.

If you can't wait try calling them. They probably just left the space out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren & Dave View Post
    Hi! I'm stressing out a little bit and thought if I post my concern, maybe/hopefully someone can help me out.

I booked my first trip to CTI yesterday and used the hotel & air option. I filled out the application correctly. Everything looks great on my confirmation. But, when I look up my flight information at US Airways, my first and middle name are combined into one name. Instead of Lauren Ann, it's Laurenann. I know the names need to match my passport which is Lauren Ann. Same thing for my fiance's name. His first and middle names are combined into one. Is this just the way the airline shows the name? Do I need to get this fixed somehow?? I emailed the airline, but they it said to expect a response in 5-7 days. That's too long for me to be anxious about this!!!

Any info much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Lauren
    I had the same problem come up about 2 years ago. I had it changed to avoid any conflict. Not sure if it will be a problem, because I had it changed. It was no problem getting it changed but I was not with your airline I was with Delta that year. I would call and get it changed no point in having a problem when you go on vacation. I called the airline on the phone and talked to a person. Fixed it without a big deal.

I remember there was a slight difference in one of our names on our last flight, we were on Delta and they cut my husband's middle name short. I thought it might cause us some trouble, but no one said anything... so I'm thinking you should be OK. But I would certainly wait for a confirmation of that...

I just waited for a corrected confirmation from Couples for two weeks. They were having trouble with their generated confirmations system, and I tried to be patient, I only checked in a couple times for a status update. So I understand it's hard to wait, but sometimes it's necessary just to be patient. Your response will come eventually. If you don't get one after 7 days, then I would try contacting them again.

Yes, it's just the way the airline lists it. I remember the first time ours was like that and I stressed out till I got the answer. No worries. Have a great vacation.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Thanks so much everyone!!! I feel better already. This is my first big vacation and of course I don't want there to be any problems! I'm relieved to see that this is a common thing and that I shouldn't worry. If I don't hear back from my email, I'll have Dave call the airline. But I'm not gonna stress about it!

Now, I can continue reading around here for planning and packing purposes. I've already started a list of things to pack thanks to the "I wish I would have thought of that" thread!

You guys are great!!! ♥

Well it would not be an issue for me at all and it would really give you the nice deals to have. Sometimes there is seems to be a mistake in database and it really gives the bad impression while we check to confirm our reservations. Not an issue at all.

I received this email about a month after my original post:

Dear Lauren & Dave,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We apologize for the late response to your email and any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Name fields on tickets do not hold spaces, which is why the middle name blends with the passenger's first name. It does not need to be changed on the receipt nor the reservation as all tickets are issued this way.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (800) 428-4322. We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

Rachelle Wellner
    US Airways

Wait till you get married! lol...kidding! kinda

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011