Default Changing resort reservations

We booked back in October 2013 for November 2014 at CTI. Does anyone know if I change it to CSA will I still get the great rate that I originally book at? We have changed our minds...when I say we I mean me...LOL

No you will have to pay current rates. I tried to move my reservation at CSA and they would not honor the rate I booked it at.

Amy

That is absolutely rediculous since I am not leaving couples I'm just changing the location. Although after this information I may just decide to cancel the trip and book elsewhere. I planned on calling them this weekend but thought I would check here first.

This happened to us also. We had been CSA faithfull but my wife wanted to try something new after I had already booked CSA again for 2013. I called my travel agent and had her change the reservations from CSA to CTI and there was some difference in cost, but not enough to notice and more importantly I did not lose any of the credits for early booking. Well, after the visit to CTI we were hooked. No, the beach is not as nice, but CTI is much more fun and a smaller resort so you get to meet more people. Going back to CTI 8/22/14, our new home away from home.

I would call and talk to them and they will bend over backwards to help you. You might not be able to get the exact same rate, since there is a price difference between resorts, but they should be able to rebook you with the same promotion you booked with initially (unless it was something that was a resort specific price deal).

So yes, there could be a change in price, but it wouldn't necessarily be today's current rate.

We didn't move resorts, but our initial plan to go with friends fell through, so we decided to move our trip up by 6 months (which was still in the original window for the early booking prices we had used) I just had to call and they switched the dates for us and gave us the same promotional price and resort credit. We moved from low season to busy season, so our price went up about $150 but that seemed fair, since it was the price we would have had if we'd chosen those dates in the first place.

JulRic,
    We're heading to CSS two weeks from today. I originally booked (not through Couples) this trip back in 2012 for April 2013. We couldn't make the trip last year so I switched it to this April. As a result, I lost the $300 credit they had going back in 2012 when I booked but at least they did honor the price (Couples honored it). Since I only changed the year and not the resort it was no problem but we did lose the credit which hurt.
    A couple months back I was checking airfare and found that the one and only day Air Tran does not fly nonstop from MBJ to Chicago is Saturday. We arrive on a Friday and leave 8 days later on Saturday. That means a 3 hour layover in Atlanta on the way home.
    Since, like everyone, we hate layovers and avoid them as much as possible I tried changing the dates to a Thursday to Friday, even shorten the trip a day and go Friday to Friday but no luck. I was told that they would have to cancel my reservation entirely and re-book at the current price which was about $900 more. Obviously we are doing the layover. I was told that it could only be done as a cancellation of the original trip and a then a create new booking.
    In your case I think it may be the same thing; cancel & re-book since you are switching resorts. CSA is usually a little higher in price than the other three resorts too. Maybe a travel agent out there could explain it to both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    We booked back in October 2013 for November 2014 at CTI. Does anyone know if I change it to CSA will I still get the great rate that I originally book at? We have changed our minds...when I say we I mean me...LOL
    Please correct me if i am wrong, but CSA is always more expensive than CTI, so of course the rate would be different/higher. Supply and demand dictates pricing at any resort, so switching resorts that the current price is higher, i think is fair. I would guess the reason that early booking rates are so low is because they know/forecast they can make up difference as time goes on and rates rise.

However, since you still have 7 months to go, you could book CSA now, and watch the rates, and if they go down call and get new rates. I have many times done this with their lowest price guarantee. You may have to be willing to give up resort credits, but if you are like us that doesn't matter as much as price per night.

Crud! I been looking at airfare too and its cheaper for us to move one day earlier.. 2/10/15-2/20/15 instead of 2/11/15- 2/21/15.. Guess I'm stuck with higher airfare and icky depart times!

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    That is absolutely rediculous since I am not leaving couples I'm just changing the location. Although after this information I may just decide to cancel the trip and book elsewhere. I planned on calling them this weekend but thought I would check here first.
    That would be like buying something on sale, then returning it after the sale is over a then expecting to buy something else at the sale price. That's what I call "rediculous"
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I added a day to my holiday this year. I had to pay the current rate for the day. I think this is fair even though I got an early booking discount for the original 7 days.

Blog Entries

Hi JulRic,

Thank you so much for your query. Please contact sharie@couples.com with regards to your reservation change. We look forward to hosting you soon.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thank you Yvonne you are awesome! We will be back to our home at CSA a little sooner than originally planned.