Default Travelling Time From Kingston Airport To CTI

I have not been to Jamaica in several decades, bur remember taking three hours by bus from Kingston to the area where CTI is located in Ocho Rios.

I'd imagine that there are better roads and a shorter route to Ocho Rios now.

For those who have arrived at the Norman Manley Airport (Palisadoes) in Kingston: how long is it taking now to get from Kingston to CTI, Ocho Rios, on a weekday at midday.

Also, how long would the return journey to Kingston take if done at 9 o'clock on a Sunday morning?

I want to think it should be about two-and-a-half hours on a weekday and about two hours on Sunday morning.

What are your experiences?

Still need an answer to this question.

Clyde,
    You are looking at 1 hour and 42 minutes average. Unless you are as anxious as i am to get there in which it's more like 76 hours.

2 hours on average would be about right. Jamaica now has toll roads which makes the journey faster now, but depends on traffic conditions on non toll roads. As you probably already know, Couples does not do transportation Kingston (Manley) to any of their resorts, so this would be at your own cost.Have do it a couple of times...lovely trip over the mountains and through Fern Gully to Ocho Rios

Why fly into Kingston? Transportation is included to and from Montego Bay.

Noleman, I think he is talking Kingston. I know it is about 1hr 45 min from Montego Bay, but is it the same from Kingston? Most people come into Montego Bay, and Couples provides transfers from there. They don't provide transfer from Kingston I don't believe.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Noleman, I think he is talking Kingston. I know it is about 1hr 45 min from Montego Bay, but is it the same from Kingston? Most people come into Montego Bay, and Couples provides transfers from there. They don't provide transfer from Kingston I don't believe.
    Yea, I didn't catch that Clyde was asking about Kingston. And you are correct, I don't think Couples provides transportation from anywhere other than Montego Bay.

Looking on the Couples website under the 'Book Now' option that when searching it offers me a room plus flights using British Airways into Kingston which is strange if they don't then offer transport to Ocho Rios.

From the UK we can fly into Montego Bay but I have not been impressed with the six long haul flights I have had with Thomson's as they just seem to want to spend the whole 11 hour flight trying to get as money out of you as possible before they land rather than providing a service and enjoyable flight so for me any alternative airline would be worth considering so I am interested in why Couples don't do transport themselves or do they pay for a taxi if you book a flight/hotel via their website.

Falcon...........been doing a bit of research recently and have checked out Virgin and also Thomas Cook for flights, both go in to Montego Bay. I have been told CTI is exclusive to Thomson, however if you contact Kenwood travel they can quote for CTI, and they use Virgin. I confess we haven't had a problem with Thomson and their selling tactics, we just ignore them, and to be honest one airline is much like another, just have to put up with the 'long haul' in order to get to paradise. We looked at BA into Kingston, but friends have told us the ride from Kingston wasn't all that nice............winding roads, over mountains and in the dark (that was their experience though). I have no idea whether they arranged their own transport, or if Couples did. I imagine there would be a cost for this, but I'm sure someone from Couples can clarify this.
    I would be interested to hear your findings.
    Trish UK

We have been looking at booking either CSS or CTI on the Couples website and they show Virgin flights from Gatwick into Kingston with transportation included. Hopefully this is correct, can someone confirm please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellysonvacation View Post
    We have been looking at booking either CSS or CTI on the Couples website and they show Virgin flights from Gatwick into Kingston with transportation included. Hopefully this is correct, can someone confirm please?
    Virgin only fly into Montego Bay in Jamaica, so it is a mistake.

On reflection we have decided not to fly into Kingston, and anyway we enjoy the bus ride from Mobay with other 'new' guests.

We have been pricing up CTI for March/April 2015 and have got the best price from Thompsons (including premium cabin) out of Gatwick.

Trish
    UK

Default Kingston/CTI Transfers

Have been away for some time.

We are flying into Jamaica from the Caribbean; not the UK nor the USA, hence the reason for arriving in Kingston.

Since posting this I have learnt that Couples will arrange transport from the Kingston airport to Ocho Rios for US$130 each way which is fine with us.

We arrive and depart around midday; arriving on a Thursday and leaving on a Sunday.

Clyde A