Default Gift ideas to bring home

Anyone have a gift ideas to bring coworkers? (Usually when someone from my work travels, they'll bring something back that represents the country they've visited...chocolates, candies, etc). Any ideas?

Jerk seasonings and sauce

Appleton VX in a bottle that is a little larger than an airplane bottle. I can't remember exact size. Nice amount, not too much or too little and the price is right.

http://therumhowlerblog.files.wordpr...-estate-vx.jpg

Well... If you want something that represents the country you visit... You could always get some small bottles of rum! They DO sell nice small bottles of cocomania rum, and I think you can get small bottles of Appletons rum also.

Actually, we saw a guy in Sans Souci making hand painted seashells. He will customize them however you want. When we were there in March 2013 they were $5 each or 3 for $12. They are amazing quality, and definitely authentic handmade, as opposed to some of the stuff SAID to be handmade, but were definitely not. Some of the souvenirs were "handmade" but we ended up seeing the exact same items for sale at tower isle, at the airport, and even at a Jamaican stand at Union Station in Washington DC. It may have been handmade, but not by their own hands.

Coffee is a great idea, although a little expensive. Also, small bottles of rum creme would be great, and cheaper as well.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Rum Cream. You can't find it in the USA. All my friends loves it and always ask me to bring some back.

I bring back rum cakes! There is a Tortuga shop at the airport!:-)

Maybe some rum cream to use instead of milk for the coffee break when you get home?

How about some Jamaican jerk seasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by bethbilly View Post
    Anyone have a gift ideas to bring coworkers? (Usually when someone from my work travels, they'll bring something back that represents the country they've visited...chocolates, candies, etc). Any ideas?
    Since it may be frowned upon to bring rum into the workplace, I would recommend blue mountain coffee beans. I think I remember small bags at the gift shop.

The must do list is jerk seasoning, jerk sauce. rum cream and Appleton rum

Blue Mountain Coffee!

Small bottle of rum cream is nice (great in coffee).

Last time we were at CSA, they sold little bags of coffee beans with the Couples logo. There are also shops that sell the same thing at the airport. Or if it's for the office, bring back a larger bag of ground coffee for morning java. Nice way to get the work day started all irie-like!!

just rember to put rum in checked luggage. I forget last time and got it taken away at security.

I always brink back shot glasses!! They are easy to pack and a lot are hand decorated!

Blue mountain Coffee

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. Like benandmiranda pointed out, I can't bring rum to the workplace but do love the coffee idea. Is Jamaica known for any kind of cakes/sweets/cookies?

Tortuga rum cakes, very potent! You can find them in the gift shops and at the airport.

Thanks a lot ! Great suggestion.

Two biggest hits for us were Rum Cream (you absolutely can not find the same deliciousness in the US - BOOOOO!) and small wood carvings - there is a huge variety to choose from if you walk the beach in Negril. If you realize on your way home you never got anything and/or are strapped for cash, visit one of the little stores at the MoBay airport and get some cheap Jamaican candy.
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014