Default :( say it ain't so!

We arrive at CSA on Wednesday to a thunderstorm and then it looks like it's going to rain the entire time we're there!

Tell me this isn't something to worry about and it only rains briefly...

We were in CSS in May 2012 and it rained 6 out of 7 days. Better much all day.

Chasing
    I will quote my favorite song from Bob Marley, Three Little Birds

"Don't worry,
    About a thing
    'Cause every little thing
    is gonna be all right"

It is the tropics, so the chances are that it will rain a little every day that you are there
    but it doesn't matter
    the sun is out most of the time
    It is still warm, even when there is a light rain
    the rain usually only lasts for a 5-10 minutes

Sometimes it rains a little heavier
    (one year we were caught at SSB with about 40 people in a downpour. Imagine 40 people all trying to huddle under the awning of the bar)
    and very occasionally there is a tropical storm or even worse
    but the hurricane season doesn't start until the summer so that is unlikely for your trip

My feeling is that the worst day on the beach in Jamaica is better than most days everywhere else

Enjoy

JED

try not to stress, looks like 30 % chance or less per day. We arrive on the 12th Hopefully the storms listed are at night

Take a deep breath, don't look at the weather reports, in the 20 or more times we have been to Jamaica the reports have been wrong, except once when we went in October, there was a hurricane, it rained 24 hours straight, but we made the best of it and the staff kept us well entertained. We have gone numerous times in April,the weather has been awesome,showers here an there, we just grab a beverage of choice and have happy hour in the warm Caribbean sea, no problem!!!!

Every time we go I look at the weather report and it always looks like it's going to rain the entire time. Every time, without fail, it never rains more than a little while in the afternoon. Liquid Sunshine! Perfect opportunity to go inside and take a little nap!

Thank you all so much!

The only time you need to worry about the weather in Jamaica is when a hurricane is passing by the island. This happened to us once in eight trips. Otherwise, its just a "little moisture" and now worries.

Life is good

In five April trips, I've never NOT seen rain forecast every single day. EVERY. DAY.

In five April trips, we've had a half day of rain on arrival, a half day of rain on departure, and maybe three short afternoon showers. Oh! And one amazing downpour in the middle of the night.

The half days of rain and the nighttime downpour were in Ocho Rios. The brief showers were in Negril.

We love CSA but that being said it is true that Negril every time we have been there, has been complete cloud cover and rain almost every day from 1-3. I love Jamaica but compared to some Caribbean islands definitely more rain.

It's almost the rainy season. It rains every day. Sometime it's very short. Sometimes it's all day. When it rains, find a seat at a bar overlooking the ocean and enjoy. It'll be the most fun you will have the whole trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingAnnie View Post
    We arrive at CSA on Wednesday to a thunderstorm and then it looks like it's going to rain the entire time we're there!

We will be there too on Wednesday and I said the same thing after looking at the weather a week ago! What time are you all flying in? We get there at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingAnnie View Post

This is something that stays on most weather sites 24-7-365. Don't worry about it. unless there is a hurricane this I s not true.

As my of my friends likes to say being a weatherman is the only profession that you get to be wrong and still get paid. We have landed in a rain storm and stayed through a hurricane. I have to say a hurricane is not fun unless your in Jamaica. The CTI staff made the most of the situation and we had a ball. They set up a contest to see who could decorate their spouse the best with anything that was in the room. They then handed us a few rolls of toilet paper. I used flowers, sunglasses, cigarettes, a wine glass etc. We won a bottle of run and t-shirts and had a ball doing it. Oh did I mention that the whole time this was taking place there was a major hurricane outside. Yeah, no one cared! Hope for sun and enjoy!

Gege... We land at 1:15pm