Default Restaurant reservations

Just read the latest review for CSS on TripAdvisor, and the person mentioned that we should make our restaurant reservations before we get to the resort. Is this possible? I thought we made them when we arrived. The person claimed that all of the restaurants were booked up, and they had to scramble to get them in.

Make them when you arrive (I don't think you can prior). It is not a problem getting reservations...though you might not get what you want on day of arrival And peak times can be tough on other days (the longer your stay, the less of an issue because you have the luxury of planning ahead and making the reservatio). We have stayed 5 times at CN and don't recall a single issue with any reservation. But we do tend to eat rather early since we are up with the sun (and the birds).

None of that is true.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Not possible, you need your room number to make reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning1 View Post
    Just read the latest review for CSS on TripAdvisor, and the person mentioned that we should make our restaurant reservations before we get to the resort. Is this possible? I thought we made them when we arrived. The person claimed that all of the restaurants were booked up, and they had to scramble to get them in.
    I made my reservations the morning of the day I wanted to eat at Casanova and I was fine.

I don't trust most of those reviews on TA. From my understanding, you still have to wait until you get there to make reservations!

You can't make your reservations until you arrive at the resort.....I saw that review too.....you may have to be flexible on your time, but you should be able to eat at the restaurant of your choice.

TA is not accurate a lot of the time. We have things planned before we arrive and make the reservations after check in.

In fairness to those who may have posted somewhere that they were able to make restaurant reservations before their arrival everyone should remember that for a while at some point in the last year or so people mentioned here that they had been able to make advance reservations. Others questioned their honesty until the now departed Randymon confirmed that they had been experimenting with allowing advance reservations and it was happening. So it has happened, and not that long ago. Subsequently Randy confirmed also that the decision had been made to go back to not allowing reservations without a room number. My point is that if someone says they did so, it doesn't mean their reviews or comments can't be trusted. There was quite a thread about this topic here on the boards at the time. I'm surprised so many don't remember it.
    I, for one, and glad they decided to discontinue the advance reservations.

Just to add to the concensus, that review was bunk! You can not make your reservations until you have a room number.

Hi rrhallva! I am an avid MB reader and poster, but I must admit I missed the thread to which you refer involving randymon and advance reservations. I would never imply that anyone is lying, just sharing my experience. I have also read some terribly inaccurate information about CSS on TA from some posters. Once again, my experience. I hope you have a wonderful trip!:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    In fairness to those who may have posted somewhere that they were able to make restaurant reservations before their arrival everyone should remember that for a while at some point in the last year or so people mentioned here that they had been able to make advance reservations. Others questioned their honesty until the now departed Randymon confirmed that they had been experimenting with allowing advance reservations and it was happening. So it has happened, and not that long ago. Subsequently Randy confirmed also that the decision had been made to go back to not allowing reservations without a room number. My point is that if someone says they did so, it doesn't mean their reviews or comments can't be trusted. There was quite a thread about this topic here on the boards at the time. I'm surprised so many don't remember it.
    I, for one, and glad they decided to discontinue the advance reservations.

When we went to CSS inMarch 2013, we were able to book all of our meals in advance. Now, we did get married there, so we were able to do that booking through the wedding coordinator. Originally, they just asked us about our dinner the night of our wedding, but when we inquired, they said we could make reservations for all of them. I do not know if this is because we got married there.

When we got to the resort, none of our reservations were under our room number. All of our reservations were under the name "Jarrod Wed" as in Jarrod Wedding. Once we figured out that confusion, everything was smooth sailing!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    When we went to CSS inMarch 2013, we were able to book all of our meals in advance. Now, we did get married there, so we were able to do that booking through the wedding coordinator. Originally, they just asked us about our dinner the night of our wedding, but when we inquired, they said we could make reservations for all of them. I do not know if this is because we got married there.

When we got to the resort, none of our reservations were under our room number. All of our reservations were under the name "Jarrod Wed" as in Jarrod Wedding. Once we figured out that confusion, everything was smooth sailing!
    We were also able to make reservations through our wedding coordinator without our room#. We only did the night of our wedding at Feathers. Our wedding coordinator was so helpful she probably would have booked other nights too, had we asked.
    CSA - May 2009, May 2010, March 2011 (wedding), December 2012, May 2014 CSS - December 2011

rhallva is correct... we were able to make restaurant and cat cruise reservations prior to arrival at CSA at the end of November 2013. I was following the threads and managed to catch that window where they were experimenting with that format.