Default 1st trip to Negril-what is a MUST?

We will have 8 days in Negril, we don't plan on doing a whole lot outside of CSA, but any opinions on must-see or must-do things? I have booked the One Love Bus Bar Crawl and thats it. We really like cultural stuff also.

Imo, Ricks Cafe is a must at least once in your life. I know some people don't agree with me but it's a world famous bar. Don't eat there, just go for a couple of beers and a sunset and watch the cliff divers and other tourists jump. A cab ride from csa will cost 15 dollars pp, beers are about 4 bucks last time we were there. It's a touristy place bur unique too. Have a great trip whatever you do!

I would highly recommend the Pelican Bar, it is unique and a great time. Yes, it is a bit of a travel to get there but well worth it. We have been going to Jamaica for 15 years and have stayed all over the island except Kingston and have went on at least one or two excursions per trip and if someone asked me what the one thing is I would do if I could only do one, it would be that. We will be there again on April 21st, 2014

Mayfield falls. Awesome views lots of fun.

We have been to Couples 7 times, with 5 trips to the Negril side of the island, and in all of those trips, we have only done one true excursion (full day off site). It took us 6 trips before we were ready to do that. We did the YS Falls excursion, and it was a fun day. We went with one other couple, and had two tour guides up the falls. We only saw one other group the entire time we were there, so nothing was rushed. If you feel that you must leave the resort, I do recommend that excursion...but I can't say it's a "must do". We have done the shopping trips a few times, and don't recommend them (they take up too much time and you see the same stuff over and over again; plan to buy your souvenirs from the airport upon departure). We have done the catamaran twice, but probably won't do it again, unless we are just bored with being lazy (doubt it). We do really enjoy snorkeling and I love to do the resort dive each trip. However, the only thing we find that we MUST do while in Jamaica is s-l-o-w d-o-w-n and go with the flow. Don't plan too much. We will be back in May, and might finally make it down to Rick's Café. We are also thinking of doing a Trading Places day to CN, hitting up the Office of Nature while we are there (which is just a stroll down the beach). But, nothing is set in stone. Who knows...we may just let sand gravity take hold and do nothing the entire time we are there. It has happened more than once! ;-) Enjoy your trip!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

A must do is the cat cruise I forgot to mention for on resort activities

Avoid Rick's!! It is the biggest tourist trap ever!! If you do insist on going, DO NOT jump off the cliffs. When you are trying to climb back up, you are accosted and scammed for more money.

I would say go down to Best in the West and have some jerk chicken and rum punch. It is awesome. If you walk down the beach, you can cut through at Coco La Palm or Idle Awhile and Best in the West is right across the street. Also, we have been zip lining twice with Chukka. You have to go back towards Montego Bay, but it really is so much fun. The guides are awesome, and it's definitely worth the trip.