Default Club Mobay/Club Mobay VIP - Worth It?

Neither my fiance or I have ever traveled internationally before. Anyone who has used the Club Mobay services, would you recommend them for first time international honeymooners?

Trying to decide if it's worth the $80 each.

TIA!

Catiegirl,

The Club Mobay services are wonderful! My husband and I used the departure services on our last trip and we decided then that we would never ever travel again without using them! For our return we are booked both arrival and departure. I would highly recommend Club Mobay to anyone!

-Angelena (555 days until we go "home")

Waste of money in my opinion. We have never waited more than 15 minutes after walking to the entry hall from teh airplane to being in the Couples Lounge enjoying a Red Stripe. Departing, we have never been at the airport earlier than 2 hours 15 minutes to our plane leaving. Boarding starts 45 minutes prior, so by the time you check in, Duty free shop, there is not much of a wait.
    Save your dollars for a Couples massage!!

Catiegirl, Since you are new to international travel and will be on your honeymoon, I think Club Mobay would be a nice treat for the two of you. Your Club Mobay representative will meet you once you deplane, review your immigration documents to make sure you've filled them out correctly (one hint here only use blue or black ink and pack your own pens! We saw one couple that had to fill out their forms again because they used purple ink!), and then take you to the front of the line at Immigration. Once you've finished with Immigration they will help you get your luggage, get you through Customs and then on to the Couples Lounge where you can check in for your shuttle. Since the lounges are right next door to each other, you can check in at the Couples Lounge and enjoy the Club Mobay
    Arrivals lounge where they have light snacks and rum punch. The Couples staff will come and get you when your shuttle is ready to depart. Club Mobay will even make you a rum punch to go! Enjoy your honeymoon!

We always use the Executive Lounges at Airports in England when flying out as the cost is a lot cheaper than buying food and drink at the airport shops/bars for 3 to 4 hours and you have free WiFi/TV etc as well as comfortable seating away from the general public.

However our travel company in the UK does not offer the option of booking into Club Mobay on arrival (although I could have done it afterwards online via the Mobay website) but when we arrived (only one other plane landed around the same time) we actually got through immigration before those on our plane who had paid for the service (although we ALL had to wait twenty minutes or so for the luggage to arrive) and then we went straight to the Couples lounge for a beer or two so personally for us we did the right thing not booking.

With the exception of Orlando and Maldives we have never booked an Executive lounge for the return trip as you normally get dropped off at the airport about two hours before your flight and you have to board or go to the gate an hour before so with passport control and duty free shopping etc to get through as well its not normally worth it for about an hour.

However when we were waiting for our flight home at Montego Bay airport last year we bought a chicken burger and beer each at the Cool Running's bar and with tip we spent $55 then as they were busy we had to leave so spent ages wandering aimlessly around the airport so this time when at Couples we saw a leaflet offering Club Mobay on departure for $30 each (think that's cheaper than the airport) and the fact that it also offers Fast Track through Immigration (which most airports don't offer) I booked it via Guest Services so it was charged to the room and I did not have to bother going to my room to get my bank card and paying Club Mobay themselves.

It turned out to be a great decision as although I thought we left the hotel way too early when we got to the airport my wife realised as the taxi drove off that her cell phone had fallen out of her pocket as she got out of the car and it then took us about 90 minutes to track down the taxi driver via numerous phone calls from the Club Mobay Infomation Desk to Couples Sans Souci Reception and for them to ring our Travel Guide and the Taxi company and locate the driver and then for him to drive back to the airport which took him another 30 minutes.

This meant we were running a bit short of time and the immigration queue was quite long so the fact we were taken straight through probably saved us 30 minutes or more of queuing and we still had enough time left to quickly check our emails etc and eat and drink enough to fill us up for the sixteen hour journey home.

So what I would say is check on the Montego Bay Airport website (mbjairport.com) for a few weeks before you go to get a feel of how many planes are landing around the same time as yours, if its just a few then I would not bother with the arrival service but if it looks like there are a few landing at the same time and you do not like queuing then book it however I would definitely book the return service via the hotel.

If you can, I would define toy book as it's your first time. Their agent can help you get through Immigrations & customs. Their lounge is right next to the Couples' lounge.

We just signed up for the arrival service for this saturday, April 12th as we arrive late morning. This is our first time using the service and wanted to give it a try. CSA soon come

I am definetly using the arrival service, but is the departure service really worth it? I mean do you still have to spend the same amount of time at the airport or do you go on a later shuttle back to the airport if you have Club Mobay tickets?

Depends on the day and time you get in. Weekends I would say yes. Any other time it's hit or miss. Personally I haven't use it in 3 trips, could have used it once, but that was my fault...(forgot items on the back of the immigration form). I don't think it is worth it and if there is a line... so be it. I'm on vacation and on Jamaican time.

My husband and I used this service last year and it was definitely worth it. We are returning in October and we booked it right away! Especially if you are traveling on weekends.

This is our first trip to Jamaica and we're using it. We're coming in on a Saturday, and if it can save me from standing in line for any length of time, it's worth it in my opinion. After spending what we did for this vacation, $160 for round trip Club MoBay seems like a drop in the bucket!

I too highly recommend Club MoBay. We used it on arrival and departure this past December and have decided to always use it. We are booked again for this September and May of 2015. Definitely use the service.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Angelana, how long did it take for you to received a confirmation? It has been four days since I booked. Payment has been posted to my credit card but have not received the confirmation email promised within the 48 hours. Are there documents I need to show when we arrive? First time to Couples and using Club Mobay and we leave in 10 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by angel4507 View Post
    Catiegirl,

The Club Mobay services are wonderful! My husband and I used the departure services on our last trip and we decided then that we would never ever travel again without using them! For our return we are booked both arrival and departure. I would highly recommend Club Mobay to anyone!

-Angelena (555 days until we go "home")

I have been coming to Couples once or twice a year since 1982 and while the traffic at Sangster has definitely increased during those years, I've never waited more than an hour in line at Immigration. Usually, we are through the process in 30 minutes or less. Number one, I don't think $160 is worth saving a few minutes and number two, you're on vacation - relax. Save your money for the beach vendors or tips in the spa or jerk pork at Ossie's.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie&Jamie View Post
    Angelana, how long did it take for you to received a confirmation? It has been four days since I booked. Payment has been posted to my credit card but have not received the confirmation email promised within the 48 hours. Are there documents I need to show when we arrive? First time to Couples and using Club Mobay and we leave in 10 days.
    Did you book it separately or did you add it onto your Couples reservation? We added ours on and I wouold say it took about 3 days to hear back with a confirmation.

Like I tell everyone who asks about this. Using the service is a crap shoot. Some days you save quite a bit of time, and other times you do not. For me any time saved is worth it. I can't stand being on lines. We always book Club MoBay, I love having the peace of mind knowing that there won't be any delays once I arrive in Jamaica. I have seen lines that were up the ramp. I have heard stories that people have waited over two hours in line. I could be at the resort with a welcome home drink before those poor souls even get to the Couples lounge. To us it's worth every penny

We booked separately. I will wait another day or two before contacting them. The closer it is to the big day the harder it is to be patient!!!
    Thank you Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul.

We have not used the Arrival service yet, but have it booked for this trip, since we arrive on a Saturday mid morning. In my opinion, even though it is a crap-shoot as to whether the service gets you through faster, I feel it is still worth it for that peace of mind. Knowing that no matter what, I will be through whatever lines there may be in 15 minutes or less allows me to start my vacation that much sooner, instead of stressing over "what if there are super long lines and we have to wait?!"

As for the departure service, I feel it is worth it no matter what. If there are long lines at security, then you get through the lines that much faster. If not, then you have a comfy place to sit, good food to eat, and more free drinks to enjoy while you wait for your plane. If you plan on doing a bunch of duty free shopping, then you can check your carry on luggage into the desk at the lounge, so you don't have to haul it with you throughout all the stores while you browse. No matter what your situation, there is some form of value and convenience that the departure lounge will be able to provide for you.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Have never done it yet. Flew in on a Saturday about 11:00 am local time. Practically ran through immigration, baggage and customs. Just make sure you have everything filled out on your card they give you on the plane - including the bottom (departure) part. We'll let you know about leaving but we are heading out Tuesday.

We are using it for the first time this Saturday for our arrival. Our flight doesn't land till 2:30 and since it's Easter weekend we figure the lines will be insane. While some have been fortunate enough to not wait more than 15 minutes we've spent an hour plus on several occasions! You just never know since it all depends on when the planes land. If more than 2 do so at the same time you're guaranteed a lengthy wait. Leaving I don't think its worth it. Couples always makes sure you get to the airport with at least 2 hours so you have plenty of time. Besides we like to go shopping at the duty free shops so it works for us.
    Since its your honeymoon I say go for it. This will ensure you are expedited through and can start your honeymoon that much sooner. Best wishes!!!
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie&Jamie View Post

I only used the departure service on my last trip, I bought it at the airport so I didnt have any kind of paperwork. For my return trip I have only received an email stating that they need my flight information which I don't have yet because I booked so far in advance I cant find flights yet! Sorry I am not much help on this topic, hopefully someone else on the board knows more than I do! Hope you figure it out soak up some sun and rum cream for me on your trip!

We always arrive by 8 am sat or sun...so no need to do arrival. Departure is another story..typically get to airport 2-3 hrs before flight...club mobay is the way to go...a few cocktails...wifi and a snack makes time pass quickly...also kinda makes delayed flights not soooo bad:-)

We were more concerned about the departure because we have waited in some pretty long lines at MBJ on the way home. This time (Tuesday, April 15) we got there at about 9:00 for our 12:10 flight on JetBlue and because we had printed out our boarding passes we were directed to the bag check line (one family ahead of us). No wait at any point after that. About 30 minutes from getting off the bus to sitting down with a Bloody Mary. We have spent more than that in the ticketing line so this may have been a mid-week thing, but it was great.