Default Is there any way to go on the catamaran cruise from couples Sans Souci?

Hello all- my husband and I will be returning to CSS for the second time this year because it was an amazing honeymoon vacation for us! I considered the other resorts but we were not sure they would have the same sentiment or that we would enjoy them as much. The only thing that looked awesome at the other resorts not offered at CSS was the Catamaran Cruise. Has anyone gone on this from the CSS resort or could you pay to go on it?

Thanks!

No. The Cat cruise at CTI is only for guests of that resort.

CSS does not offer a complimentary cat cruise. We have been told it is because the catamaran cannot get close enough to the resort because of the reefs. Other couples have looked at renting a catamaran for private/group parties, but the cost is usually pretty high (over $1000 to start). We are in the same boat as you. We got married at CSS, and absolutely LOVED it! I wanted to explore the other resorts, but both my wife and I did not want to risk not having that same feeling we had at CSS. So I booked a split stay with Negril! We are spending the first part of our trip at CN, then transferring over to CSS. That way if CN is not all we hope it will be, we can at least end our vacation with the resort we originally fell in love with.

4 days 23 hours 59 minutes until we land in MoBay!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

There is no way to access the catamaran from CSS because of the coral reefs blocking the beach. The "trading places" option of visiting CTI for the day would not work as you have to return at 4:30. The best catamaran trips are from CN and CSA on the West coast of Negril. Larger boats and calmer waters with a chance to see cliff divers at Rick's as well as swim into a cave. The trip from CTI is a smaller boat with a stop in a lagoon but the north eastern waters tend to be a bit rougher. Sorry...have another rum punch or two at the beach bar instead. No problem...

When we stayed at CSS there was an option to take the Cat Cruise from CTI on trading day, it cost somewhere in the range of 65.00 a person( guessing but it was around that) and it depended on if there was room on the boat and you would have to provide ur own transport back to CSS. I find it strange that the only reason they do not offer the cruise from CSS is because of the reef, we recently stayed at CTI and when it is too rough to bring the Catamaran into the dock at CTI they transfer you to the harbour to catch it instead, could they not do a transfer from CSS to the harbour, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    When we stayed at CSS there was an option to take the Cat Cruise from CTI on trading day, it cost somewhere in the range of 65.00 a person( guessing but it was around that) and it depended on if there was room on the boat and you would have to provide ur own transport back to CSS. I find it strange that the only reason they do not offer the cruise from CSS is because of the reef, we recently stayed at CTI and when it is too rough to bring the Catamaran into the dock at CTI they transfer you to the harbour to catch it instead, could they not do a transfer from CSS to the harbour, just wondering.
    Very good point. When we took the cat cruise from CTI we had o take a bus into Ocho Rios and back because the waters were too rough at the resort.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015