Default Horse Riding at Swept Away

Hi, this is my partner and I's second visit to Jamaica, but first to Couples Resort. Last year we stayed in Runaway bay and we were able to go horseback riding through the hotel.
    Does anyone know if this is an option at Swept away? I am a keen rider, although my partner is not so keen, and I am hoping it is close enough that I can ride and he can "sit and watch with a rum" if close enough to resort.
    Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post
    Hi, this is my partner and I's second visit to Jamaica, but first to Couples Resort. Last year we stayed in Runaway bay and we were able to go horseback riding through the hotel.
    Does anyone know if this is an option at Swept away? I am a keen rider, although my partner is not so keen, and I am hoping it is close enough that I can ride and he can "sit and watch with a rum" if close enough to resort.
    Jeni
    I have seen some natives ride up and down the beach asking people if they wanted to ride their horses. That is all I can tell you about it.

Yes, vendors walk along the beach with horses. I don't know what it costs.

I don't think CSA would allow you to ride through the resort. all kidding aside, as stated above, there are a few guys who ride up and down the beach and will "sell" you rides.

I think those "rides" just involve sitting on the horse while the owner walks it down the beach.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Sorry for the bummer, but here it is:

Horseback riding on the 7 mile beach, both Bloody Bay and Long Beach, is illegal. The guys offering them are not licensed to do so and are breaking the law. So will you, if you ride their horses.

There is a lot of controversy in Negril regarding these guys as nearly every business doesn't want them there. They do not clean up after "their" horses and will let a drunken fool gallop a horse full speed down a busy beach for enough money. In some cases the horse has even been stolen. It's a long story why the Negril Police don't do more about them, but it comes down to a lack of resources. PM me if you want the long story.

Chukka and Rhodes Hall both offer legitimate horseback riding tours. I would stick with them and stay far away from the guys leading a horse down the beach.

http://chukka.com/tour/horseback-ride-n-swim/
    The excursion options show up when you book your trip.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011