Default Cigar ?? for USMC or CigarDude

I am travelling to CN and CSS in a few days, and would like to indulge in a few cigars while there. I am new to smoking cigars, and recently realized that you cannot take torch lighters on airplanes. According to TSA, you cannot take them on as carryon or checked. So my question is, while on resort, what do you use to light your cigars? Last year, I had a heck of a time using a standard lighter, because the wind kept blowing it out. I have also seen a few soft flame lighters, that use a dual flame. Have you had any experience with these? Any other thoughts or suggestions you have in general would also be much appreciated!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

I always pack several cheap torch lighters in my toiletry bag. It's full of so much stuff from the wife (makeup, etc.) that the thought is the lighters will get lost when they inspect the bags. It has always worked. I hide them in several places. If they catch them and take them it's no huge deal because they are cheap lighters anyway.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

I just use a bic or a match. I can't tell the difference.

S/F
    Scott

There are lighter containers that can be used in your checked baggage if they conform to DOT specification 14327, which is for checked baggage by DOMESTIC PASSENGER, I have used one for several trips to Jamaica in my checked bag and my torch lighters have always made it. I use one made by Colibri and seen another made by Zippo that I may try someday.....again the container states DOMESTIC but have had no stops yet by Jamaican authorities..........and you know how they are with any lighter if you have ever forgotten and tried to go through security with one on the way home..

I use cedar wood strips that I get free from my local cigar store. I use matches to light the strips.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    I use cedar wood strips that I get free from my local cigar store. I use matches to light the strips.
    I have heard that using spills is the best way to light cigars, but was not sure how the wind would affect their performance. I might have to see if i can get a few from my local shop.

I am also going to look for some cheap torch lighters while i am out. Thanks guys! Feel free to keep more thoughts and suggestions coming. I am always up for new information and ideas!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014