Default changing room choice... maybe?

I have a Great House Verandah Suite booked for CSA. After reading reviews it seems like the cheaper Garden Verandah Suites are more loved then the ghvs.

I was wondering.... has anyone gone to the resort and was unhappy with the room and was able to "downgrade" rooms? Or been in a similar situation? I know that it would be subject to availability obliviously, but I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what the process was like. Did you have to pay a fee to switch rooms (even though its a cheaper room)? Did you get to see the other room available before committing to it? Etc.

thanks in advance!

Couples bends over backwards to make you happy with your room. If you don't like it they will do everything possible to get you one you are happy with.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Most of the ghvs have really nice ocean views. You won't get road noise like you might hear in the gvs, although I think that gets overblown. We choose the gvs to save money but enjoy them, actually we've enjoyed whatever room category we've booked. I would just stay where your at and check it out . I bet you'll love it. Try the gvs on your next trip. I tormented my travel agent so much our first couple trips , I couldn't decide either but then realized we don't spend all that much time in the room so we really aren't all that picky any more.
    I'm sure if you really wanted to switch when you arrived, they would accommodate if they could.
    Last edited by softail19; April 15th, 2014 at 05:02 PM.

I have seen mixed reviews about the Great House rooms. The GVS rooms are fine, although they also have gotten a few mixed reviews due to proximity to road noise. I suggest you check in and see how you feel about the room on the first day. The one time I was dissatisfied with a room, the Reception staff moved us to one we liked a lot better (same category), cheerfully and at no charge.

The room you have reserved is of course in The Great House. I think the biggest difference is it will feel more hotel like with the hallway you walk down to get to
    these rooms. The other Garden rooms are in smaller separate buildings and the entrance to the rooms are a more airy tropical feel. Beware though...it you change to the GVS you could end up in the original section or the newer added section, these rooms differ greatly! The original section rooms have no TV and the newer section rooms do have TV. So by booking the GVS category it is kinda a crap shot with where you end up. In reality there really aren't any bad rooms at CSA and the resort will just charm you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Iriemon View Post
    I have seen mixed reviews about the Great House rooms. The GVS rooms are fine, although they also have gotten a few mixed reviews due to proximity to road noise. I suggest you check in and see how you feel about the room on the first day. The one time I was dissatisfied with a room, the Reception staff moved us to one we liked a lot better (same category), cheerfully and at no charge.
    This makes me feel better that they were able to accommodate you with what you wanted. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrrrrrr View Post
    The room you have reserved is of course in The Great House. I think the biggest difference is it will feel more hotel like with the hallway you walk down to get to
    these rooms. The other Garden rooms are in smaller separate buildings and the entrance to the rooms are a more airy tropical feel. Beware though...it you change to the GVS you could end up in the original section or the newer added section, these rooms differ greatly! The original section rooms have no TV and the newer section rooms do have TV. So by booking the GVS category it is kinda a crap shot with where you end up. In reality there really aren't any bad rooms at CSA and the resort will just charm you. Enjoy!
    That's not true,!! We were in the older section gvs last year (Loved it btw) and all gvs have tvs. We watched way too much of the Boston bombing coverage when it rained at night.

Tv's are in all GVS rooms!! Older and newer section! The older section is the 2story rooms and the newer are 3 story! They use to have GR in the older section, but those have now become GVS and have tv's. Atrium rooms have no tv and no glass windows! GH rooms will for sure have a more hotel feel! We liked the GVS rooms! No issues for us!!

I'll add, the only room category that DOESN'T have tvs are atrium suites, beachfront suites and premier beachfront suites.

We stayed in the gvs last year. There was no problem with the road noise and the patio was great. A woodpecker came every morning to wake us up but no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    That's not true,!! We were in the older section gvs last year (Loved it btw) and all gvs have tvs. We watched way too much of the Boston bombing coverage when it rained at night.
    They must have added those within the last few years.....cause way back when there weren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I'll add, the only room category that DOESN'T have tvs are atrium suites, beachfront suites and premier beachfront suites.
    I'd like to add that we stayed in those 3 room categories in 5 of the last 6 years and we never missed having TV's in them. To the extent that we thought about it at all, it was to marvel at how little we missed it. The other year we stayed in a CSS penthouse suite which did have TV's, and we never watched it. Maybe vacations are from more than just work....

Quote Originally Posted by COMOcouple View Post
    I have a Great House Verandah Suite booked for CSA. After reading reviews it seems like the cheaper Garden Verandah Suites are more loved then the ghvs.

I was wondering.... has anyone gone to the resort and was unhappy with the room and was able to "downgrade" rooms? Or been in a similar situation? I know that it would be subject to availability obliviously, but I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what the process was like. Did you have to pay a fee to switch rooms (even though its a cheaper room)? Did you get to see the other room available before committing to it? Etc.

thanks in advance!
    We were in exactly the same situation as you earlier this month - we had a GHVS booked at CSA but after reading lots of reviews we thought we might prefer the cabana style of the GVSs. We contacted Couples beforehand and our GVS was perfect. Yes the GVSs are near to the road but this didn't trouble us, we hardly heard any road noise once we were inside our room just the wonderful tree frogs! I'm sure the GHVSs are great too, but as others have said they are located along hotel-style corridors. We were happy we made the switch but wherever you are in CSA you will have a fantastic time. I am pining away for it and can't wait until we can return!