Default Help! Booked wrong Couples...will I regret it?

Hello! I accidentally booked Couples Swept Away in Negril instead of Couples Negril...I'm an idiot...I know...but did I make a mistake or am I ok? We stayed at Couples Negril last time and LOVED it! Since they are both Couples Resorts...will we still enjoy it as much? Is it basically the same? Any helpful words of encouragement are welcome! I hope my hubby doesn't get upset when I tell him! Help! Ahhhhh....

Totally different resorts but the same great Couples service, food, people. I only did a visit to CSA but can tell you it is a completely different feel because it it more spread out. If you are not into A/N then just stick with it - otherwise hopefully you bought no questions travel insurance and you can switch. Oh, and tell your husband so you can make the changes if you need to. I'm wondering if there might be some sort of 3 day protection where you can change something on your reservation - I know I did that once after I booked a trip to Colorado to ski.
    ... it keepsh me shane

if you want to get nekkid some of the CSA puritans may get upset other then that you should golden

There is no wrong Couples. Why don't you just call them and switch your reservation to CN?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You have an option, Call the Couples 1-800 number or you TA and to see if they will changed it for you. He will never know that way.
    Irie Mon

Hi igallwas,
    I haven't been to CN, but we have been to CSA and are heading back in 10 days!! CSA is stunning, the rooms are gorgeous, the beach is amazing, the staff are incredible and the food is absolutely delicious.
    Unless you love the AN feature and it's really important for you, I think you'll be thrilled with CSA.
    Having said that, have you tried to contact them to switch your reservation to CN?
    Cheers,
    Terri

We've been to them both and they are both great. We LOVE CSA! This might be a blessing in disguise - now you will get to check out CSA and see for yourself. No worries, mon! But if you're not interested in checking out another Couples, just switch your reservation. If you bought the insurance, it's an easy switch.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Mistake?

The beach ( Long Bay ) at CSA is so much better than at CN ( IN MY OPINION ). You can get out and walk and experience Negril's bars, restaurants, shops and of course, its people. At CSA you can feel like you are all alone - it's so lush and spread out - plus the Spa is wonderful.

We have been to all 4 Couples resorts and honestly, CN was the least favorite.

Stick with your " mistake " and try Swept Away.

I am torn between CSA and CN. When I think I have decided I find something that changes my mind. Why was CN your least favorite? CN seems to get better ratings on trip Advisor? I am torn between a Verandah suite at CSA and a garden suite at CN. We tend to be pool people but we have never been to such a nice beach so that could change. I have heard that bloody bay is quiter and has less vendors/ foot traffic? Should I stick with CSA also. I so have first timer syndrom!!!!!

It's the perfect mistake, you are gong to love CSA!

Just call & change it as long as we do not change airfare, it should not be a problem. As a TA I have done it many times.

Odd. This sort of happened to us on our first trip. We asked for a garden view suite at CN and our travel agent booked a garden suite at CSA. Didn't notice the error until two days before the trip.

Anyway, we went, fell in love with CSA and just booked our 4th trip there. It was a very, very happy accident. Seriously, don't worry...CSA is an awesome resort.

I'm dying to know.What was the outcome? Did you switch? Did you decide to give CSA a try? Inquiring minds want to know!

definately NOT a mistake. Swept Away is amazing - you will love it

I'm sure you will love CSA. You can always sign up for Romance Rewards and spend a day at CN on the Trading Places program.

I think you will love CSA also..I recommend you trying it.I truly love CN but CSA just does not appeal to me.Only been to CSA twice on day passes and it is not to my liking..CSA is a very beautiful resorts with a lot of loyal guests...CN is rated #4 among the resorts in Negril by the Trip advisor.

CN..Couples Negtil...Oh,how I love typing these words.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 14th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinsun View Post
    I am torn between CSA and CN. When I think I have decided I find something that changes my mind. Why was CN your least favorite? CN seems to get better ratings on trip Advisor? I am torn between a Verandah suite at CSA and a garden suite at CN. We tend to be pool people but we have never been to such a nice beach so that could change. I have heard that bloody bay is quiter and has less vendors/ foot traffic? Should I stick with CSA also. I so have first timer syndrom!!!!!
    Pool at CN >> pool at CSA

Beach at CSA > beach at CN

Depends on what you are looking for.

I am the opposite of Tommy. I love CSA and after visiting CN on a day pass decided it is not to my liking. One thing that many who go to CN love is that it is smaller and compact with the pool in the middle, but to me it felt claustrophobic. CSA is spread out with the 2 pools on either end. There is lots of space to be alone with your honey, and there is the swim up bar and two beach bars if you are feeling more social. I am all about choices.

Also, I prefer the beach at CSA. It is longer with a much larger roped off swimming area. I did not like how shallow the water was in the roped off area of CN.

So, you get to decide. Do you prefer spread out with lots of intimate places, or would a more compact resort with a much bigger pool and swim up bar and social time be your thing?

TommyWommy, just wondering what you don't care for about CSA. I was at CSS this spring and though I liked the resort, I missed CN the whole time I was there. I think it was too spread out for me. The "cozzy" feeling just wasn't there. That is why I'm afraid to try CSA. I hear it is very spread out and maybe like CSS. I also don't like the long beach and lots of foot traffic and the fact that part of the resort is across the street. I have been very temptet though to try it. Maybe if I get a chance to come back to CN I can do a day pass as many would suggest. I really miss CN.
    Thanks
    Karin

[QUOTE=Cravinsun;23899] Why was CN your least favorite? QUOTE]

We just prefer a Beachfront suite, and having access along Seven Mile Beach.... being able to walk anywhere we want to and not be landlocked, or have to take a taxi every day. Love the Fitness Center and Spa ( especially since the remodel )
    I did not care for the pool at CN being located and a focal point for socializing - at CSA , the Swim up Bar ( which can get loud )is at one end of the resort........ we also didn't care for the A/N beach being right there ( different from the A/N areas at CSS and CTI )

It's just a personal preference, everyone has their own favorites.....I just don't think it's a "mistake" to try another location. Even though CSA is our favorite, we are happy we went to all four- and will return to the others.

I think it's fate. They always say on here that the resorts call to you. It sounds like you are supposed to try it. We loved CSA and are going back next year. You will die when you see the beach and gorgeous water. It goes on forever.....

CSA ROCKS!