Default Overnight stay in Montego Bay

Asking for any good ideas and decent hotels for an overnight stay in Montego Bay this December 2014. Our flight does not arrive untill 5 pm so don't want to waste a night at CSA so plan on flying in a day early and staying overnight in MB and then arriving late morning at CSA since we fly TimAir. Any ideas would be welcome! Thanks!
    Helen & Paul
    Fl- CSA 12/19-12/26

I think you might get a better response to this on the Trip Adviser site as most on this site just go directly to the Resort.

We are doing the same thing in November. Based on comments here and other sources, we are staying at Toby's Resort for a night. Not a five star, but it seems pretty good, the price is right, it's close to the airport and it's only for a night. NOTE: if you choose them, DO NOT book through their website. I used Expedia which had a substantially lower price and better cancellation policy.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Just go to CSA right away and stay an extra day at the end. Alot of hassle to stay one night somewhere else you don't want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    Asking for any good ideas and decent hotels for an overnight stay in Montego Bay this December 2014. Our flight does not arrive untill 5 pm so don't want to waste a night at CSA so plan on flying in a day early and staying overnight in MB and then arriving late morning at CSA since we fly TimAir. Any ideas would be welcome! Thanks!
    Helen & Paul
    Fl- CSA 12/19-12/26
    3 years ago when we went to CTI and again this year (47 days) my wife and I and another couple flew in the day before and stayed at the Carribic House in Mobay and arranged for a taxi to pick us up and get us back to the airport EARLY the next day. Not a 5 star hotel but it severed it's purpose.

Have Fun!

On past occasions we have arrived into Montego Bay the day before we were scheduled to go to Couples. After we picked up our bags and went through customs, we went over to the Couples lounge and told them we were going to spend the night in Montego Bay and come back the next day to go to Negril. Someone took us outside and arranged a driver for us.

The driver came over and we agreed on $15 (didnít include a tip we gave him) to take us to Tobyís. When we got there, we arranged for him to come back the next day to pick us up to take us back to the airport.

He came back the next morning, around 10:00 am, and took us to the airport. When we got there, he went to the door (you canít get back in to go to the Couples lounge because of security) and had someone get a Couples rep to come outside to check us in. He stayed with us until the rep came out.

The rep checked us in, put the little tags on our bags, and told us the bus would by soon. He stayed with us until the bus came. We were at the resort before noon.

We have done this a couple of times and used the same driver. Tobyís is near the Hip Strip. Both times we walked the Hip Strip and had diner at some restaurant there, we didnít feel unsafe at all.

There is a 5:20 am Caribbean Air flight out of JFK that gets into MBJ at 8:30 am. It's the first arriving flight. We are taking a late flight from home to JFK the night before just to take this flight. You may have a few hours to kill at the airport, but is another option to consider. It'd save you the cost of the hotel.

We've done Toby's, but now do Royal Decameron for the AI element. With dinner and some drinks at Toby's, it balances out...and you can drink and eat more

We have done this many times and go over to CSA or CN after a wonderful breakfast the next morning. We stay at a beautiful B&B overlooking Montego Bay and find this a great way to start our vacation. If you are interested, I can email you details

Quote Originally Posted by Deesweptaway View Post
    We have done this many times and go over to CSA or CN after a wonderful breakfast the next morning. We stay at a beautiful B&B overlooking Montego Bay and find this a great way to start our vacation. If you are interested, I can email you details
    Hello! Can you please send me this info? Here's my email allen2569@att.net Thank you!:-)

Hi Dee. We're thinking of this also. My email is sjevans@sbcglobal.net Thanks!

Thanks, Dee. Glad to have the info and hope that next year is our best ever. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary and our 20th consecutive trip to Couples.

Hi Sharon! Wow, double reason to celebrate! Enjoy!

Would love the info for the B&B , my email is hpreuataoldotcom
    Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deesweptaway View Post