Default Paradise at last

After 2 consecutive years of having to cancel our beloved trip to Couples due to family illnesses, deaths and our daughters wedding we are finally back home at last! I'm posting this as I enjoy a cup of wonderful Jamaican coffee and gaze out at the beautiful water and vegetation before me from our lofty perch here in G building. As I enjoy my surroundings on this, my 61st birthday, I have to be so very thankful that we have the opportunity to be alive and well and able to enjoy this beautiful country and Couples San Souci.
    The last time we were here at CSS, we came with my wife's sister and her husband, my best friend. He fought hard for his life but cancer and God took him away from us way too soon. The girls then lost their mother a few months later.
    We vowed to make it to Couples every year for the rest of our lives. I plan on keeping that dream alive in his memory.
    Ill be raising a few Red Stripes to Roger this week as I remember the fun times we had at CSS and CN and thank God once again this Easter weekend for allowing me to be where I am at this moment.
    Ill never take a trip to Couples for granted that's for sure!

Amen brother!!! Glad you are there safely and soaking up the glory of CSS. Will see you on Tuesday and we can toast to Roger together!!!

Sounds good novastar! See you then.

Happy belated Birthday rjammin- i imagine a great many of us take this annual trip to paradise for granted- Have a great time and let us know how you liked the G block- we're making our first trip to CSS in August- and would appreciate any insights you can bring the board as to your room selection. mike

Life's challenges make you put it all into a different perspective. After I battled cancer, we vowed to treat ourselves to a vacation every year. The first year we went to Punta Cana, the second we tried Montego Bay, last year we stepped up our game & tried CSA. This year we are going to CSS. I no longer take anything in life for granted....I love having a week every year to relax at such beautiful resorts! I am excited to discover a new Couples Resort in a few short days.
    Enjoy your vacation rjammin!

Thanks Mike&Sylvia and bows. We are having a wonderful time as we start the second half of our stay today. I don't even want to think about having to go back to the grind in Chicago.
    Our room is G4 and it's a one bedroom ocean view suite. The room itself is great. Large balcony, 2 separate sinks in the bath and a very big walk-in shower. It's on the second floor of 3 and unfortunately we look straight out at the tower and walkway that leads to it. The stairs can be a challenge especially when heading back from the newly renovated beach bar late at night, it's a hike for sure. We stayed in a penthouse our last 2 times here, D-14 and E-10. We both agreed that we would go back to that room class next time. I read a lot of good reviews on G building and that is why we went with it. There are some incredible views from a lot of the rooms in G, just not ours. If you are on the first floor you have the walkway right in front and level with your room. Not sure what class those rooms are but I would not want one that's for sure. G is very convenient for Cassanova, lobby, Martini bar (very nice btw),game room etc. though.
    It's always a hit or miss with rooms at CSS since they are all quite different even within the same class. The difference between E-10 and D-14 was huge and they are both in the penthouse class.
    As many have stated here on the board, you don't spend much time in your room anyway so it's not that big of a deal to us. Having the perfect room with a perfect view is a bonus but just being at this fabulous resort is enough for us. Enjoy your stay!

Ron- thank you for the help- we too are scheduled to stay in a 1 bd room ov suite. Like you, inside room really doesnt matter to us, more interested in a private balcony, and a nice view(we spend alot of time lounging with a fruity drink). So maybe if we ask for a 3rd floor we'd be fine. Enjoy your 2nd half of the trip ! By the time you get home, the Blues will have sent your Blackhawks packin !

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    Ron- thank you for the help- we too are scheduled to stay in a 1 bd room ov suite. Like you, inside room really doesnt matter to us, more interested in a private balcony, and a nice view(we spend alot of time lounging with a fruity drink). So maybe if we ask for a 3rd floor we'd be fine. Enjoy your 2nd half of the trip ! By the time you get home, the Blues will have sent your Blackhawks packin !
    Well, it looks like the Hawks haven't packed up yet lol. The second floor is OK for privacy just not by the tower. Yes, the third floor would definitely be the most private. Of course the third floor of any of the buildings at CSS would be.

My wife is battling rheumatiod arthritis and had 2 major back surgeries last year. She's getting better and we're able to go back to our favorite place in this world, CSA for the 3rd time. Enjoy your vacation and best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by philsharie1 View Post
    My wife is battling rheumatiod arthritis and had 2 major back surgeries last year. She's getting better and we're able to go back to our favorite place in this world, CSA for the 3rd time. Enjoy your vacation and best of luck to you!
    Thanks philsharie1, we got home last night and we had a wonderful time as always. I'm sure you and your wife will too! Going to Couples is the perfect medicine for all ailments; both physical and mental. It sounds like you two need it that's for sure! Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    By the time you get home, the Blues will have sent your Blackhawks packin !
    Me thinks you spoketh too soon.

Go Hawks!

uhhhh, yep... too painful to discuss at this point. mike

rjammin- Five more nights & then our heads will hit the pillows at our beachfront suite. Thanks for all of the info. I agree, we don't really spend much time in our room while at Couples; too much to do, too much to see! I have to force myself to go to sleep at night. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Never, poke the Stanley Cup gods.