Default CTI and Dunns River

Hi all- We're traveling to CTI soon and are incredibly excited! I was looking at the excursions and have a question about Dunns River. Is it possible to do this without a guide? If yes, how do we go about it? We'd like to go up on our own time and be able to stop as necessary. Is it correct that no cameras or phones are allowed for pictures? We're arriving on a Saturday and hope to sign up for the Sunday tour. Thanks!

It would be very difficult without a guide as they tell you where to step to get up the falls. Its not as easy as it looks. You can bring whatever camera you want, but make sure its waterproof. You are going to get soaked. Youll want to bring tip money for the guide and bus driver.

No need for a guide if you want to do it by yourself. Just google Dunns River Falls No Guide for loads of asnwers.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    It would be very difficult without a guide as they tell you where to step to get up the falls. Its not as easy as it looks. You can bring whatever camera you want, but make sure its waterproof. You are going to get soaked. Youll want to bring tip money for the guide and bus driver.
    Thank you! Do you have to pay for the guide, or is that included with the Couples excursion? I have diabetes and will need to take some stuff with me (meter, glucose tabs) and am nervous about that. I plan to stuff them in a waterproof phone case.

You will want to go with the Couples group and have the guide. The guide has you do fun things along the way and will take your picture with your waterproof camera. Couples also offers you a DVD of your experience if you want to pay for it. I cannot remember the price but it is well worth it. We love looking at our video. They do not rush you as you need to be careful. You will have a blast.

They do wash the rocks to get the algae off. But I can't imagine cleaning them all, so I think using the guide may be a good idea. They will take you up the safest route.

ok I admit I am older (50) and a tad out of shape but I was glad for the helping hand to get ip the falls. I was a litte worried about holding a complete strangers hand but I soon realized I needed help!
    The video was $40 back in 09 and its fun watching it so glad we bought it. The guides will deliver it to your hotel later that day. At least thats what they did for us. Would we do the falls again? probably not but it was fun and a must do at least once in Ochie. Have a blast!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmferg05 View Post
    Thank you! Do you have to pay for the guide, or is that included with the Couples excursion? I have diabetes and will need to take some stuff with me (meter, glucose tabs) and am nervous about that. I plan to stuff them in a waterproof phone case.
    You don't "pay" the guide. But you are expected to tip the guide.