Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default No need for Club Mobay

Caribbean Air flight 030 from FLL arrived on time at Sangster - 10:40. At 10:55 we were standing at the luggage carousel. I don't knock anyone who uses the services of Club Mobay and spends $!60, but I'd be really ticked off to have booked it today.

Rainy day here at CSA, nice to just crash in our 2nd-floor Atrium suite after traveling.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

No need...INbound.

Default as the boyscouts say

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Caribbean Air flight 030 from FLL arrived on time at Sangster - 10:40. At 10:55 we were standing at the luggage carousel. I don't knock anyone who uses the services of Club Mobay and spends $!60, but I'd be really ticked off to have booked it today.

Rainy day here at CSA, nice to just crash in our 2nd-floor Atrium suite after traveling.
    As the boy scouts say.... be prepared!

The best way to be prepared is to check the arrivals list for the day exactly one week before your departure. You should be able to see if you're one of the first planes there or if there are 10 flights all landing around the time you land.

I booked because there are planes coming in (a ton of them) +/- 30 minutes of when my plane is landing. So I know there will be tons of people in that line. last year we came in on sunday so it wasn't so bad. but Saturday is a HORRIBLE day for travel cuz that's when everyone comes in. Just check to be sure if you will need it or not. It's 50 dollars a person. That's pretty steep. but better than waiting 2 hours in an "island time" line.

Quote Originally Posted by tewkewl View Post
    As the boy scouts say.... be prepared!

The best way to be prepared is to check the arrivals list for the day exactly one week before your departure. You should be able to see if you're one of the first planes there or if there are 10 flights all landing around the time you land.

I booked because there are planes coming in (a ton of them) +/- 30 minutes of when my plane is landing. So I know there will be tons of people in that line. last year we came in on sunday so it wasn't so bad. but Saturday is a HORRIBLE day for travel cuz that's when everyone comes in. Just check to be sure if you will need it or not. It's 50 dollars a person. That's pretty steep. but better than waiting 2 hours in an "island time" line.
    How does one check the incoming flights in advance?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

You are lucky you can take an early flight!:-) We don't arrive until 2:30pm on a Saturday so we purchased Club Mobay. We have used it before and sometimes we have bypassed hundreds of folks in line other times there haven't been lines. I just like the peace of mind and also I love the rum punch in the Club Mobay Arrivals Lounge which happens to be right next door to the Couples Lounge!:-) Have a wonderful vacation!

I think we'll use it on our outbound flight when we leave the resort. The inbound use is a bit of a gamble. We have never had much trouble on inbound flights.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post

You got lucky. 90 minutes for us in March.

Have a great week and enjoy the beach!

Life is good

We booked it for Sat 10 May. After spending what we did on the trip, what's an extra few $$ for peace of mind? Glad you had no line!

5/10 for us too! Seriously hate those lines.. A real bummer when you are so close to paradise!

Here is our recent experience with Club Mobay--1st time. We arrived on Sat. April 12th, landing at 11:24 AM. Directly behind us was a US Air flight (we assume from Charlotte). By checking the arrivals I knew that there was the possibility that there could be many people in line. By the time we chatted a short time with the rep (I suprised Susie with this as she had no idea) and made our way to the Club Mobay line, the "general" line was proceeding up the ramp. In the end we were on the beach at CSA shortly after 2 PM. Our room wasn't ready but we know the routine so we didn't care. We did the departure service as well (Sat. April 19th). We will most likely continue to use the service based on our flight schedules compared to other flights.

Quote Originally Posted by louieandsusie View Post
    Here is our recent experience with Club Mobay--1st time. We arrived on Sat. April 12th, landing at 11:24 AM. Directly behind us was a US Air flight (we assume from Charlotte). By checking the arrivals I knew that there was the possibility that there could be many people in line. By the time we chatted a short time with the rep (I suprised Susie with this as she had no idea) and made our way to the Club Mobay line, the "general" line was proceeding up the ramp. In the end we were on the beach at CSA shortly after 2 PM. Our room wasn't ready but we know the routine so we didn't care. We did the departure service as well (Sat. April 19th). We will most likely continue to use the service based on our flight schedules compared to other flights.
    We arrive this Sat. (4/26) at the same time from Dulles, VA. We went with Club Mobay for the arrival service. Based on your experience, looks like we made the right move. Thanks.

We use it on the way out, but not when arriving. We actually ask to leave the resort an hour earlier than usual so that we have plenty of time to enjoy the perks of Club Mobay instead of lugging our carry on baggage around the resort all morning.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    We use it on the way out, but not when arriving. We actually ask to leave the resort an hour earlier than usual so that we have plenty of time to enjoy the perks of Club Mobay instead of lugging our carry on baggage around the resort all morning.
    What. You leave EARLY. We would rather sit on the beach sipping on a cold drink for that extra hour. We cry all the way to the goodbye bus.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    What. You leave EARLY. We would rather sit on the beach sipping on a cold drink for that extra hour. We cry all the way to the goodbye bus.

Life is good
    I'm with you Beach-Bum! I leave paradise as late as I can! I don't really care about sitting in the airport. It's never that long of a wait anyway. we get something to drink/eat and play games on our tablets or read... or more likely, look at the pictures we took while we wallow in our sorrow of leaving =)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post

Life is good
    Agree 100%. To acutally leave an hour early so you feel you are getting your money's worth in Club MoBay seems a little silly to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Agree 100%. To acutally leave an hour early so you feel you are getting your money's worth in Club MoBay seems a little silly to me!
    To each their own. After 10 or so visits to Couples, I know what I prefer. It may not work for you, but it certainly works for us. One last bit of relaxation, no stress lines before we head home vs. rushing in the airport and sitting on uncomfortable seats. We've done the airport restaurants, and for what we pay for a meal there, we actually save and get more from Club Mobay.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    To each their own. After 10 or so visits to Couples, I know what I prefer. It may not work for you, but it certainly works for us. One last bit of relaxation, no stress lines before we head home vs. rushing in the airport and sitting on uncomfortable seats. We've done the airport restaurants, and for what we pay for a meal there, we actually save and get more from Club Mobay.
    I get that. If you have an early flight, you probably won't do much that last morning at Couples. The thought of having plenty of time to shop then a couple hours to relax in the Club Mobay lounge sounds like the perfect ending to a perfect trip. We'll definitely get our money's worth. I think we spent $60 at Margaritaville for just two lunches and two or three drinks each.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Well said tewkewl. We looked ahead at the incoming flights as well and there were enough that we decided to take the "gamble". It was beyond worth it. We bypassed hundreds of people standing in line. We did not use the service on the return because we like to buy our rum cream for home on the way home and do some other duty free shopping and we feel we don't have time to really enjoy the lounge. Of course we might feel differently if we had a delayed flight, but so far that hasn't happened.
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

Inspclusew:

You should be very happy you booked the service as we were and when asked about it we will continue to report our great experience. There are so many threads on this topic; both for and against the service, should I or shouldn't I book the service that in the end it is up to each individual as to their choice. Have a great time!!-------------No worries.

And now, nine days later, we are on the way home. 80 minute drive to the airport (no traffic and a great driver!) It took nearly 30 minutes to check in at Caribbean Air - they only had one person for the entire line - but after that, we never stopped moving and 10 minutes later, we were ordering Nathan's Hot Dogs. Club Mobay? No way.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We will be arriving on Sat. 05/03 at 11:21. I am trying to figure out how to tell how many planes will be arriving at or around that time and if I need to book club Mobay? Are you able to use the couples lounge when departing.
    Last edited by Big Bob; April 22nd, 2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    We will be arriving on Sat. 05/03 at 11:21. I am trying to figure out how to tell how many plans will be arriving at or around that time and if I need to book club Mobay? Are you able to use the couples lounge when departing.
    Big Bob... we will be there the same time as you! travel agent says we should arrive around 11:40. coming from ATL. if you see a tall guy and blond girl looking really confused, that's us! first trip to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and first time on an airplane for both of us! yikes... which resort are y'all going to? CSS for us!

Quote Originally Posted by jchapman View Post
    Big Bob... we will be there the same time as you! travel agent says we should arrive around 11:40. coming from ATL. if you see a tall guy and blond girl looking really confused, that's us! first trip to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and first time on an airplane for both of us! yikes... which resort are y'all going to? CSS for us!
    Relax! Make sure you fill out ALL 3 sections of the immigration card (A, B, & C).. 50% of first timers miss "C" section. It is on the back of the card. When you recieve your portion of the immigration card back, put it inside your passport, and lock them away n the safe when you arrive. You will need to present that portion when flying home. Other than that, make your way to Couples Lounge (turn left when you exit the hall after you pick up your luggage) proceed to Couples Lounge, have a Red Stripe, and be prepared to enjoy life!!!!

Congrats on your wedding, we will celebrating our 30th anv. We are staying at Tower Isle. My guess is we will be on the same bus. We are doing the trading places on wed. to CSS Hope maybe will see each other and I'll buy you a drink!!!

Default We're coming from ATL too!

Quote Originally Posted by jchapman View Post

Hey jcchapman -- our layover is ATL and it appears we could be on the same flight - we get in at 11:40 on the same date! We are Jason and Jennifer from Wisconsin - hope to meet you! (we're headed to CSA for our 20th anniversary). Safe Travels!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast