Default Club Mobay Pass...........

what are the best options for getting these passes............online....travel agent....from resort ? We have never used them and consider them this year as we will be departing on a Sunday afternoon from MBJ to IAH....we arrive on a Thursday around 2 and I am thinking that might not require them as it is not as busy a travel day. I saw online ...a departure pass for $30 (including $5 discount) is this about the average price....or is the resort cheaper......
    We arrive May 8.....depart May 18......we have the TSA Pre Check passes to get through airline security.........those work great...would like to get thru customs and immigration a little quicker as well............so our main concern is avoiding lines...don't really care about the lounge itself as we usually end our trip at Margaritaville and Jimmy Buffett............cheeseburger in paradise !!

Hmm. I think I'd go directly to the Mobay website. I haven't seen where they have a 5 dollar discount though. give us the link if you have it. I don't use it for departures actually. I don't know what the point of the departure is actually. I understand the arrival, as it's the whole "faster to the fun" thing. But departure, I never get.

good luck!

Cheers!

"we arrive on a Thursday around 2 .." Don't waste your money. 15 minutres thru customs (make sure you fill out ALL 3 secionts of your immagration card "A", "B', & "C" sections) and you will be in Couples lounge enjoying a Red Stripe.

We will be arriving on Sat. 5/3 @ 11:21. Would it be wise to book club mobay or do you think the crowd may be light? this will be our 1st time to Couples. Can you go into the couples lounge when you are departing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Can you go into the couples lounge when you are departing?
    The Couples lounge is only for arrivals. You cannot get to it after going through security on the departure side. While not optimal, we just relax in one of the bars before our flight.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

I added it to my reservation with the resort simply because I did not want to provide my credit card to another business outside the USA (paranoid, but I have had issues in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    "we arrive on a Thursday around 2 .." Don't waste your money. 15 minutres thru customs (make sure you fill out ALL 3 secionts of your immagration card "A", "B', & "C" sections) and you will be in Couples lounge enjoying a Red Stripe.
    We arrive Thursday, May 1 about 2:00. Here are the arrivals for this Thursday afternoon. We paid the $100 for the peace of mind. That's an extra 2.5% over what we already have invested in this trip.

JFK New York DL 464
    Delta Air Lines 12:04 PM Scheduled

MCO Orlando FL 272 AirTran 12:35 PM Scheduled

MCO Orlando B6 1721
    JetBlue Airways 12:42 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta DL 727
    Delta Air Lines 12:49 PM Scheduled

PHL Philadelphia US 860
    US Airways 12:53 PM Scheduled

MDW Chicago FL 1042
    AirTran 12:55 PM Scheduled

BWI Baltimore FL 918 AirTran 1:05 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto AC 1804
    Air Canada 1:15 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto WS 2702
    WestJet 1:19 PM Scheduled

DFW Dallas AA 1348
    American Airlines 1:25 PM Scheduled

CLT Charlotte US 826
    US Airways 1:28 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto SWG 730 Sunwing 1:30 PM Scheduled

MAN Manchester TOM 142
    Thomson 1:40 PM Scheduled

EWR Newark UA 1449
    United Airlines 1:51 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta DL 361
    Delta Air Lines 2:02 PM Scheduled

MIA Miami AA 380
    American Airlines 2:05 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta FL 1056
    AirTran 2:40 PM Scheduled

LGW London TOM 18
    Thomson 2:40 PM Scheduled

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

We have never used it...we usually fly I on a sat. We have had some wait times as long as an hour and sometimes with no line. You may not go into the couples lounge when departing

Arriving on a Thursday... save your money!! No nned at all for the MoBay pass.

We arrived at 3pm on a Thursday in March and got through customs faster than those using Club Mobay who for some reason were last off the plane and for info we paid $30 in resort for the departure which was charged to our room

We will be arriving on Sat. 5/3 @ 11:21. Would it be wise to book club mobay or do you think the crowd may be light? this will be our 1st time to Couples. Can you go into the couples lounge when you are departing?
    There is no Couples loung on the outgoing side. If you meant departing the airport after arriving, you can, and need to get to the Couples lounge to get your transportation to the resort.

You'll love Couples Big Bob regardless of which one you're going to.

We also arrive on 5/3 at 11:35. We used Club Mobay arrival service last year and don't regret it for a moment. We arrived about the same time last year with people standing in line to stand in line for immigration. We were through customs, checked in, downed two red stripes and headed for the bus and still had not seen anyone from our plane. We arrived at TI at 2:00 but did not see folks from our plane arriving at check in until about 5:00. I highly recommend it.

WalZanne, We are going to couple Tower. My guess is we may end up on the same bus. I think for the peace of mind I'm going to book it.
    Thanks for every ones help.

I am wondering the same thing. We arrive the same day, but in the early afternoon.

I've been reading Club MoBay reviews on Tripadvisor. Some people swear by the service, others had significant complaints. Our main reason to consider the service would be to get through lines quicker. When I read about people getting through the regular lines faster than the "express" lines I wonder just how often that happens.

It seems as if Club MoBay's success has led to a situation where there are sometimes more Club MoBay travelers arriving than "regular" travelers, so that the "express" lines are actually LONGER...or at least that is what some reviewers claim.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    We arrive Thursday, May 1 about 2:00. Here are the arrivals for this Thursday afternoon. We paid the $100 for the peace of mind. That's an extra 2.5% over what we already have invested in this trip.

JFK New York DL 464
    Delta Air Lines 12:04 PM Scheduled

MCO Orlando FL 272 AirTran 12:35 PM Scheduled

MCO Orlando B6 1721
    JetBlue Airways 12:42 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta DL 727
    Delta Air Lines 12:49 PM Scheduled

PHL Philadelphia US 860
    US Airways 12:53 PM Scheduled

MDW Chicago FL 1042
    AirTran 12:55 PM Scheduled

BWI Baltimore FL 918 AirTran 1:05 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto AC 1804
    Air Canada 1:15 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto WS 2702
    WestJet 1:19 PM Scheduled

DFW Dallas AA 1348
    American Airlines 1:25 PM Scheduled

CLT Charlotte US 826
    US Airways 1:28 PM Scheduled

YYZ Toronto SWG 730 Sunwing 1:30 PM Scheduled

MAN Manchester TOM 142
    Thomson 1:40 PM Scheduled

EWR Newark UA 1449
    United Airlines 1:51 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta DL 361
    Delta Air Lines 2:02 PM Scheduled

MIA Miami AA 380
    American Airlines 2:05 PM Scheduled

ATL Atlanta FL 1056
    AirTran 2:40 PM Scheduled

LGW London TOM 18
    Thomson 2:40 PM Scheduled
    based on what i'm seeing, Mobay will save the day. That's a lot of planes coming in all at once.