Thread: CSS Questions.

Default CSS Questions.

My wife and I stayed at CTI in June 2011. We are booked at CSS for September 2014.

I am familiarizing myself with the resort. We booked a 1 bedroom ocean suite. What block will we likely be in or what block should we request. We would like the best view of the ocean.

Just looked at our reservation again. 1 bedroom ocean suite, not verandah.

Also, how's the wifi?
    Last edited by Drgonzo; April 6th, 2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: wrong info

Verandahs Suites are on the first floor of F&G and maybe D someone else will know for sure. They look out onto the ocean but because of the dense foliage you probably won't have much of a view. If you want to see the ocean you need to upgrade to ocean Suite or beachfront suite.

Amy

We found Wifi on our balcony, we were in a one BR beachfront. It was very sketchy in the room, but if we wanted the best connection, we would go to the beach or to the lobby.

We stayed in a Verandah suite in bldg D. Loved it. Take the stairs to breakfast and the beach, overlooked the main beach and ocean.

Here is a view from our Verandah suite - there was more ocean on the other side of the tree. Name:  Sans Souci 2012 2012-09-27 003.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  162.2 KB

I am not sure what you mean by a "1 bedroom verandah suite" To my knowledge, there is no room category like this. There is the Verandah Ocean suite, but it is not a seperate bedroom. I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade to a One Bedrrom Ocean View suite. They are not that much more, and offer AMAZING views from huge balconies. The Verandah Suites are on the lower flours of F & G, not very private as the walkway is right in front of your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by a "1 bedroom verandah suite" To my knowledge, there is no room category like this. There is the Verandah Ocean suite, but it is not a seperate bedroom. I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade to a One Bedrrom Ocean View suite. They are not that much more, and offer AMAZING views from huge balconies. The Verandah Suites are on the lower flours of F & G, not very private as the walkway is right in front of your room.
    Verandah Suites are also located in D Block and some in G Block and have some have amazing views. We have stayed at CSS many times and have been inside all room categories including the Hibiscus Cottage and Penthouses and prefer our cozy Verandah suite! We book it every time! The One Bedroom Ocean view Suites are lovely also. There are so many rooms great rooms at CSS!
    Kris

One bedroom suites in G block have the best views. And wifi has been upgraded and is now much better!

I just looked at our reservation page from our travel agency. It says One bedroom ocean suite.

The room categories are confusing. Thats the only complaint I have with Couples.

We just returned from CSS ( march 21-28) We stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite - suite G18 and the views were amazing. The wifi was good also.

We had great wifi reception on our balcony in G block this past October. Have a great trip!
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by cortal View Post
    We just returned from CSS ( march 21-28) We stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite - suite G18 and the views were amazing. The wifi was good also.
    We are also booked for a One Bdrm Ocean Suite. How was the balcony in this catagory? Was it large? Was it Private? Did it have the double lounger for afternoon naps?

We are there in September, 2014 also! What days are you there?

We have a one bedroom beachfront suite. Love those!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

We will be at CSS from 9-20/9-27

After looking at

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    We are also booked for a One Bdrm Ocean Suite. How was the balcony in this catagory? Was it large? Was it Private? Did it have the double lounger for afternoon naps?
    Sorry it took long to answer, but back to reality and work is crazy again....looking at booking CSS again. Anyway enough with my issues....The balcony was huge and did have a double lounger, the wife and I fell asleep on it every night listening to the tree frogs and the ocean waves. We found it very private with walls on each side. During the day we did not sit on the loungers as there was not breeze and it was extrememly hot. If you need any more info let me know.

Cortal- i find it difficult to post anything for weeks after a return to reality ! can you tell me if G-18 was a 3rd floor room , and was there a walk in shower, or bath ? sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    Cortal- i find it difficult to post anything for weeks after a return to reality ! can you tell me if G-18 was a 3rd floor room , and was there a walk in shower, or bath ? sylvia
    Sylvia, it is hard to explain but yes I would consider it upper floor. In G-18 it was a combination of shower/tub. The couple we were travelling with were in G-06, which was a second floor suite and only had a walk-in shower, no tub. If you want to see pics send me an e-mail at clat20@msn.com and I will provide them to you.