Default CSA: December or March?

We've decided to book CSA with another couple for a trip either in December of 2015 or March of 2016. We haven't been in either month. We know there will be a big price difference and are willing to pay more for March if necessary. The three primary considerations for us will be:

1. Trying to find a week when the resort may not be at full capacity;
    2.Trying to avoid groups as much as possible;
    3. Aiming for the best weather (least wind, calmest water, least rain).

The December dates would be 12/9-16, 5 days after Reggae Marathon. We had earlier considered going during Reggae Marathon, but have since changed our minds.

I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks so much.

We have been both months and the weather was better in December. March seems to be a windy month due to the trade winds. December and March still are busy months regardless. December might be a bit cheaper with the specials that are run during the fall months.
    Life is good

Dec can be very windy. I go in June and have been a few times in Dec also. I noticed on both trips that the water was much rougher in Dec compared to June. The Jamaicans called it "Christmas Wind". Haven't been in Mar so can't really say about the wind.

We do Couples in early April as the 12th is our anniversary and we were married at CSS. The weather is great and if I am not mistaken the price drops again in the beginning of April! Tax time is hard to get away but so worth it once all that is done. I never did the trip in December but have done January in the Caribbean and pools tend to be a bit cooler. CSA is our favorite Couples and usually fills up pretty fast. Being such a large spread out resort it does not feel that crowded though. Couples is not a Spring Break destination nor is it an adult resort where groups of guys or gals are there searching for fun. They are romantic couples only resorts. You can't go wrong whenever you go. Enjoy...ya mon...

I've only been in February or March. The weather has always been very good, and CSA and CSS never seem crowded. We choose the later date because Spring is right around the corner when we have to return to frosty Wisconsin.

Thanks for the help! I reread my initial post and realized I wasn't clear. We've been to CSA several times, just not in those months--only January and February. March or December are the only 2 choices this trip due to the constraints of our traveling companions. So we need to choose between those two :-).

In addition, we've always been when the resort is at capacity. While it doesn't feel crowded, there has been chair saving in the early mornings and not just for palapas. We'd love a time we can a avoid this.

I imagine there will be a certain amount of chair saving regardless of when you go. December won't be an exception even though it will be less crowded. We always see early morning chair saving in December. You won't have a problem finding shade though IME.

Quote Originally Posted by laharlson View Post
    I imagine there will be a certain amount of chair saving regardless of when you go. December won't be an exception even though it will be less crowded. We always see early morning chair saving in December. You won't have a problem finding shade though IME.

We are leaning toward December at this point. Laharlson, how early do you get to the beach on your December trips? I guess I'm not concerned what others are doing early as long as I can wake up at 7:30 or 8 (I'm not a very sleeper) and get chairs in a nice spot then.

Nice to see you back on the board Rrrrrrr.

"Iowa_mon"

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    We are leaning toward December at this point. Laharlson, how early do you get to the beach on your December trips? I guess I'm not concerned what others are doing early as long as I can wake up at 7:30 or 8 (I'm not a very sleeper) and get chairs in a nice spot then.
    We're early risers and usually eat breakfast almost as soon as it opens at Palms or Patois. I'm usually on the beach by 8:30 a.m. if possible. The beach is not crowded at all at that time. Yes, we do see stuff on chairs saving them and forget about a palapa (I'm not a big fan anyway) but there is still room under all the trees for shade. You may need to move loungers to your liking, grab a table, etc., to get the spot you want just the way you want it. We usually try to grab a shade spot relatively close to our room for quick trips to the bathroom, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by laharlson View Post
    We're early risers and usually eat breakfast almost as soon as it opens at Palms or Patois. I'm usually on the beach by 8:30 a.m. if possible. The beach is not crowded at all at that time. Yes, we do see stuff on chairs saving them and forget about a palapa (I'm not a big fan anyway) but there is still room under all the trees for shade. You may need to move loungers to your liking, grab a table, etc., to get the spot you want just the way you want it. We usually try to grab a shade spot relatively close to our room for quick trips to the bathroom, etc.
    We were there this past December 14 th - 23rd with a split stay at CN and then to my daughter's wedding at CSA. December was magical, the decorations both from the resort as well as guests were fantastic. I am not sure what capacity it was, but it was enough people to feel fun but not too many that we had difficulty signingup for things. Weather was great, we missed the huge ice storm in New England to boot! We were at CTI in May, great weather then, but with the lowest rates, I would pick December for more for your money. Weather is not guarenteed at any time, but I was nervous too for December, but it was just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    Nice to see you back on the board Rrrrrrr.

"Iowa_mon"

Life is good
    Thanks .....a little more work, life, balance! Gives me time for things that make me happy like being back in travel, Couples and Jamaica!