Default Just back from CSS

Well, we have been back to dreary Wisconsin for almost a week now....and I'm still picturing myself back at CSS. We had another wonderful stay...great food, wonderful and friendly staff, total romance, fun watersports, and of course...rum punch, rum punch, rum punch. Dwight and Crazy Ray at the waterfront are awesome and will give you a wild ride on the hobie cats. We loved the veggie bar with the sweet potato chips and dip....I can still taste them! Not to mention that I put on 10 pounds by eating them twice a day! We also loved the new martini bar...it was our favorite thing to do before heading to dinner each night. But...we do have a couple of suggestions that would make CSS absolutely perfect: tables for two at beach night and the gala, and enforcing a stricter dress code at the gala. The staff does such an amazing job of setting up a beautiful display of food and lights....and then some people arrive dressed in cut off shorts, athletic shorts, and baseball caps. What a disrespect to the Couples staff who have worked so hard to make everything so beautiful and romantic...not to mention to those of us who took pains to dress up and make the night romantic and then ended up at the same table as you! Kind of a let down after an otherwise absolutely perfect week.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning1 View Post
    Well, we have been back to dreary Wisconsin for almost a week now....and I'm still picturing myself back at CSS. We had another wonderful stay...great food, wonderful and friendly staff, total romance, fun watersports, and of course...rum punch, rum punch, rum punch. Dwight and Crazy Ray at the waterfront are awesome and will give you a wild ride on the hobie cats. We loved the veggie bar with the sweet potato chips and dip....I can still taste them! Not to mention that I put on 10 pounds by eating them twice a day! We also loved the new martini bar...it was our favorite thing to do before heading to dinner each night. But...we do have a couple of suggestions that would make CSS absolutely perfect: tables for two at beach night and the gala, and enforcing a stricter dress code at the gala. The staff does such an amazing job of setting up a beautiful display of food and lights....and then some people arrive dressed in cut off shorts, athletic shorts, and baseball caps. What a disrespect to the Couples staff who have worked so hard to make everything so beautiful and romantic...not to mention to those of us who took pains to dress up and make the night romantic and then ended up at the same table as you! Kind of a let down after an otherwise absolutely perfect week.
    What a great idea... Tables for two sounds awesome! And the dress code for the gala too!

I understand why you would want a table for two, but we have meet some wonderful that we wouldn't have if we would not have been at a bigger table. Also i dont think they would have enough room if they went with the smaller tables.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

I suppose what Couples could do for a few weeks is put half the normal (6 & 8 seat) tables out and half as 2 seat ones and see which tables get taken first, that way they can gauge demand for either. Personally it never bothered me or my wife, as at the 4 events we went to last month (5 if you include repeaters dinner), sometimes the group who sat with us were very talkative and we engaged in conversation until the show started whereas on a couple of times the couples who sat at our table just talked to each other rather than the rest of the table which was their prerogative, either way it did not stop my wife and I enjoying the meal and show. I agree with the dress code comment though, yes wear shorts and T-shirts at the beach party but at least dress up a bit for the gala and I have never understood why anyone needs to wear a cap or hat for dinner.

While it does not in anyway ruin our vacation to Couples, we commented to each other on several occasions about men wearing ball hats while eating at the different restaurants. I guess it is a different age, but I was taught that hats were to be taken off while inside a residence or while eating, unless it was an outside picnic or barbecue.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    While it does not in anyway ruin our vacation to Couples, we commented to each other on several occasions about men wearing ball hats while eating at the different restaurants. I guess it is a different age, but I was taught that hats were to be taken off while inside a residence or while eating, unless it was an outside picnic or barbecue.
    It's called class. many younger folks lack it. i'm probably 10 years younger than the average couples guest, and I do not wear tank tops and shorts to casanova!

There are plenty of older folks who lack class as well, so let's not assume it's simply age related. It's not. There are plenty of very classy younger people. No need to paint with that broad brush.

But beyond that it doesn't matter if you (or anyone) is classless enough to wear tank tops and shorts to Casanova because they will send you back to dress to meet the expected dress code. I am guessing that you are not saying that Casanova has begun allowing tank tops and shorts? I don't think they have made the change you seem concerned about. They will politely ask you to change clothes or dine at one of the other restaurants. Sort of a non-issue really.