Default Hanging Tapestry at home

Hey all! Anyone tried hanging the tapestry at home? Tapestry rods are $$ for the size needed so I was wondering what any others have done. Thank you!

My husband found some hook/nail things. We have it hanging from the loops that are on the top. The loop is hooked onto the hook/nail thingie. (Sorry, not a great description). Go to your local hardware store, I'm sure you will find something.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Pictures please!

We did what Coloradojuli did.

I'm using mine as a bedspread in our "Jamaica room"!!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014
    CSS 2015

Name:  IMG_0585.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  294.7 KB
    My wife had bought a tapestry rod but by the time it was extended far enough to cover the width of the tapestry, I felt it wouldn't hold up to the weight.
    I just used brass picture nails about every foot or so. I figure we won't be taking it down until we move someday so I wasn't too concerned about some little holes in the wall.
    I hung this as a surprise for my wife when she was out shopping one day. She had no idea I purchased it. She absolutely loved it but was quick to point out that that the neutral colors of the bedspread and walls will now require me to repaint the room and she is now searching for a new bedspread to go with the tapestry.

I love it too but really didn't think hanging this would create a new weekend project! Oh well.

Does anyone know if they are for sale anywhere. We had heard at the CN giftshop a while ago?

Yes , please post where you bought and how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Plantersman View Post
    Does anyone know if they are for sale anywhere. We had heard at the CN giftshop a while ago?
    Back in September 2014, this is how we ordered ours..

MichelleG 'Island Girl'
    Hi All,
    These are now being SOLD for US$50. Please contact Ester Reynolds at cn.gift@couples.com
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    I love it too but really didn't think hanging this would create a new weekend project! Oh well.
    My old man likes to tell the story about a spotlight they liked and bought on vacation for the family room. It was $10 but ended up costing him $2200 by they time they redid the room.

rjammin. - That looks awesome! I want one!

I'd post a picture, but I have no idea how to get it from my phone onto the website. I'll hunt the web and see what I can find in the way of a picture.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Deleted post since I posted it 3 times! Sorry, trying to figure out my ipad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Coloradojuli; April 29th, 2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Posted too many times the same pic woops
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Geezzz! I posted the stupid thing 3 times. Sorry!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Coloradojuli; April 29th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I just posted a picture. The thing looks to me like something you would use to keep a cable connected to a wall or baseboard. I know all the guys are laughing at me and my lack of hardware knowledge.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come