Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Cats and Dogs... CSA

We've seen more dogs this time than in prior visits. Had one sleep under our palapa pretty much all day today.

I posted a photo last year of a kitty who looked remarkably like my Harry Connick Junior I had to out to sleep two years ago.

This morning I came upstairs to our atrium suite. Keep in ,ind there are 384 rooms here, and we are on the second floor. Same kitty was laying right up against our room door! Shhhh... Yes, I do believe in reincarnation, don't judge me .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love the critters at the resorts! On our last day at CSA last October, I woke up to what could only be a kitten crying. My husband thought I was nuts, but he went with me to search. Sure enough, this poor little thing had gotten itself stuck in a tree! We called the front desk and by breakfast, he was back on the sidewalk chasing lizards and charming the guests!

Oh, I do love those tabbies! When we had a first floor BFVS a few years ago, the kitties would often come into our room and hide under the bed. Have to admit that we would give them leftover cream from our continental breakfast. On this past trip in January, the one tabby with the tip of his ear missing (we call him Van Gogh) would meet us at the Palms for dinner and sit by us (we were able to get tables near the perimeter and he would sit on the ledge).

This is awesome! It just might be HCJ coming to say hi He's spending the afterlife in paradise...can't blame him. I hope we see some furry friends, I'll be missing mine terribly!

Totally your kitty coming to visit you again!!

Thank you for posting! The thing I'm looking forward to the LEAST is leaving behind my three furbabies, I'm not even sure I CAN do it. This gives me hope that I'll get some 4-legged love while I'm away on vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Bliss View Post
    Thank you for posting! The thing I'm looking forward to the LEAST is leaving behind my three furbabies, I'm not even sure I CAN do it. This gives me hope that I'll get some 4-legged love while I'm away on vacation!
    I have a hard time leaving my dog too, she is my princess and my baby. But she stays at an awesome doggy lodge when we travel, and I have already started telling her she has to get ready for "her vacation" I just try to keep in mind that an animal's sense of time passing is different than ours, and that she's not thinking "mom, you left me for 12 whole days!!"

Just fyi, across the street at the little convenience store, they have canned tuna. I made 3 trips over there as I ran out of cat food. I too gave them milk and they devoured everything. The store is just across from the Greathouse lobby.

We love having the cats around.

The cats are not appreciated by those of us with allergies. Trying to relax on our balcony was impossible one afternoon with catS, yes not just one, jumping up on our to our balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyr View Post
    The cats are not appreciated by those of us with allergies. Trying to relax on our balcony was impossible one afternoon with catS, yes not just one, jumping up on our to our balcony.
    I understand your situation, they are pretty skittish, couldn't you just shoo them away? That's what the room service lady did.

There are several cats around, but we haven't had any on our verandah. I think I have seen 4 different dogs, one very friendly that loves to be pet and loved. Apparently the cats are Couples and the dogs are wild.

We loved the cats at CSA (no allergies)

Here are the three kittens we saw at CSA in February:

And here is our Irie:

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  291.5 KB

We did, they kept coming back, we figured the previous "tenant" must have been feeding them. Spoilt an another wise glorious post beach - pre-dinner moment.

My wife and I were there a little less than a week ago and we noticed more dogs too. It was a great feeling having those beautiful and loving dogs come up and lay right next to you on the beach. They have that feeling of warmth and love when they are sitting beside you. It also creates that feeling of 'being home' like the other resorts don't have :-)

Stash and Jessica

Default KIttens

We were at CSA in early April. Can anyone tell me if the sweet little tabby cat and her two kittens are still around?

I used to miss my kitty too, kept a picture of her on my phone when we would come to Jamaica but she is in a better place now so when we see the kitty's on property we love it!! Never had one climb to the second or third floor though (yet)

Mdtcoll - oh you got a photo of our beloved "Van Gogh" with the missing tip of his ear. Thank you for posting the photo! By the way, Bob is allergic to cats, and he still loves seeing the cats around.

The white dog also spent the better part of one day under our palapa with us! So sweet. The mama tan dog likes to jump... All the dogs are awesome, but way too thin. Shocking as a lot of people seem to feed them!

Kittens are cute! The stray dogs are friendly and it is sad that they have no home! That being said, they do not belong on the resort property. I do not wish to have a cat sit at my table at the Palms because previous guests have fed them from the table. I do not want a dog rubbing up against me on the beach as I have allergies. The guest who did not want them on their patio during the romantic evening should not have to. Pets do not belong on my vacation that I paid as much money for as anyone else. Pet owners leave their pets home when they go on a Caribbean vacation. Please, please, please stop feeding these animals and let the resort management find them homes.

We are kitty people also... But....hello fleas!!!!

Does anyone remember the three legged dog that used to roam the beach at CSA? Very friendly lab mix of some sort. He appeared to be homeless, but oh my what a life on that beautiful piece of paradise. He would nap in the shade all day and disappear in the evening. A couple days later he would show up again. He would accept handouts or a drink of fresh water, but never bothered anyone. Wish I had gotten a photo of him.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

The ones that have a notch in the ear have been neutered or spayed, this is the way they keep track of who has been done.
    I remember the 3 legged dog. I love having the cats on the balcony with me, I just rescued 2 kittens and hate to leave them.

I love all the resort cats we have meet over the years! I think it's great they are spaying to keep the population down. Remember they do have a purpose and I much prefer the cats to rodents!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast