Default Sunscreen Prices

Hello everyone! My husband and I are about to make our first trip to CSS, and we're debating checking a bag so we can bring sunscreen or if we should use our resort credit to buy it. Can anyone who has been to CSS recently tell me what the prices are for bottle of spray sunscreen? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by legallady View Post
    Hello everyone! My husband and I are about to make our first trip to CSS, and we're debating checking a bag so we can bring sunscreen or if we should use our resort credit to buy it. Can anyone who has been to CSS recently tell me what the prices are for bottle of spray sunscreen? Thanks!
    Can't tell you the exact cost, but I do know that the sunscreen there is really overpriced. My wife and I (at the suggestion of a previous guest) brought bullfrog brand sunscreen last year. Little did we know, when applied and not allowed to fully dry before sweating or getting in the water, it will turn white and become filmy. So about 1/2 way through our visit, we went to the gift shop and bought a spray bottle of Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen. If I'm not mistaken, it was about $15-18. The same bottle would have cost about $10 at Walmart. I'd highly recommend bringing your own.

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

It's around $20 each. The money you save by bring your own will pay for 1 checked bag. Costco has a great deal on sunscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by legallady View Post
    It's rather pricey. We used resort credits and bought a 4 ounce SPF 30 for $14. Just an FYI, you may also need bug spray. We have never had a problem with sand fleas in 8 previous trips to Jamaica but this trip was different. The sand fleas were pretty bad and the only thing they sold at the gift shop was a combo bug repellent/sun block for $21. We didn't want to spend another night scratching our ankles so I had to buy it and was glad I did.

When we were there, it was about $20 for bottle of sunscreen. I always check a bag to bring plenty.

Sun screen prices are very high at the resort, around $20us for a bottle that would cost $10us in the stores. IMHO there are better things to spend resort credit on, like the spa.