Thread: Fishing

Default Fishing

We have 2 couples coming with us this year and they want to go fishing. Anyone book a fishing trip in Negril. We have been to Negril 6 times before and never went fishing so I am at your mercy.. Don't have a clue who to get in touch with or even if the fishing is good there. If anyone has any info on booking a fishing trip out of C.S.A. please respond. Thanks.

Please

Sorry Wayne, wish I had an answer for ya!!

I would look for Elivs on the beach at CSA. He is the guy for anything you might want to do. I'm sure if he can't make it happen, he'll know someone who does.

When we were at CN in Oct. there were a number of small boats operated by Locals. I'm sure they were for hire. As I said, we stayed at CN not CSA but I would guess there are Locals that take people fishing close to the CSA beach area.

ya mon waynel, fishing in Negril is fairly good on the outside of the reef, you can check with the tour desk for a fishing trip or if you want to go on a smaller boat,
    you could check with elvis or bob the baker, they are the local guys on the beach, you can catch some small tuna, mackerel and jack fish, I have taken a pole down in the past few trips and have had good luck, give my catch to the locals, they enjoy it mon, bless waynef

A couple of years ago my husband and some others at CSA went out with Captain Stanley. My husband didn't catch anything but others on the boat did! However, he had a great morning out and can recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynel View Post
    We have 2 couples coming with us this year and they want to go fishing. Anyone book a fishing trip in Negril. We have been to Negril 6 times before and never went fishing so I am at your mercy.. Don't have a clue who to get in touch with or even if the fishing is good there. If anyone has any info on booking a fishing trip out of C.S.A. please respond. Thanks.
    We were a group of 4 couples. The men all went out with Captain Stanley. They had a great time and brought back enough tuna for all 8 of us for dinner and lunch the next day. One of the chefs grilled it up for us

How did they get in touch with Captain Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    ya mon waynel, fishing in Negril is fairly good on the outside of the reef, you can check with the tour desk for a fishing trip or if you want to go on a smaller boat,
    you could check with elvis or bob the baker, they are the local guys on the beach, you can catch some small tuna, mackerel and jack fish, I have taken a pole down in the past few trips and have had good luck, give my catch to the locals, they enjoy it mon, bless waynef
    Hey I'm curious about how you traveled with your pole. Where did you fish from? Where did u get bait? Any and all info would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by CouplesVirgin2012 View Post
    Hey I'm curious about how you traveled with your pole. Where did you fish from? Where did u get bait? Any and all info would be appreciated
    Hi, if you are looking for large boat, try stanleysdeepseafishing.com, contact info there. If you are looking for smaller boat, try Carlton and Shabba on Cool Runnings boat, contact Carlton at 876.447.5114. Have known both for many, many years, both are good guys. Have fun!

ya mon, you have to have the large piece of luggage that measures 30", I buy a 5' 6" pole that comes apart and a spinning real, I prefer to use fire line and a 6" steel leader, for bait I use a 3"16 jig head and a chartreuse plastic minnow, which I all bring along there is no bait shops in Negril, find yourself a boat or you can cast early in the morning from shore when you wade out aways , usually catch some thing, good luck waynef