Default 6th Trip to CSA and Vow Renewal

I'll try not to ramble too much but I'll start by saying this was one of our best trips to csa. We arrived on April18-25 and didn't use Club Mobay. It's always a gamble and the lines was heading up the ramp. We landed on a Friday at 2pm. We were shocked how fast it went. All the booths were manned and we were through and at the lounge about 35 minutes later. We grabbed a beer, potty stop and we were off to csa, maybe 5 minute wait for the bus. We stopped at the usual place for a beer and bathroom break, very brief.
    We were the only couple to csa with a full bus so checkin was swift. We booked a gvs and got one towards the middle of the resort right near the garden gazebo. Very convenient as we were renewing our vows there. Older section, 2107 and just fine with us.It did seem noisier than we've experienced in the past with road noise and we only noticed sitting on our veranda. Other times that we've stayed in these we've been towards the ends of the resort. We will always book these rooms as it wasn't a big issue. Maybe we just spent more time there because of the rain.
    The weather was gorgeous but as usual this time of year, the first few afternoons we got rain for a couple hours, and I mean gullywashers! Then it cleared up nicely. We had plenty of sun for the week.
    We did the cat cruise on Monday, starting in the rain but it only lasted a little while and we had a blast as usual. We kayaked, paddleboarded floated in the warm sea and walked that gorgeous beach. We didn't do much else as sand gravity got us again.
    Tuesday was our vow renewal in the garden at 11 am. I had to be in the salon at 830 and Carly took care of my hair and makeup. She was fabulous and highly recommend her. I'm not a spa gal but wow, couples has done a great job remodeling the spa and salon, very impressed!. Andrea (forgive me if I butchered your name) our wedding coordinator was great and it went smoothly. Cake and bubbly in the garden and pictures with Keithton a resort photog turned out GREAT! We chose a dozen shots and they were 20 dollars each. My only complaint is the price of the dvd, which we passed on is 300 dollars just for raw footage, more to edit music. Prices sure have jumped on thst since our first wedding there in 04. Anyway it was fabulous and are so happy we did it. It was very special.
    I'll say the food and service was outstanding. We didn't have a bad meal anywhere and were ate at all the restaurants. Service was mostly rock solid. Lots of friendly staff, no complaints there. One night at Patois, we saw 3 men get seated in ball caps, tshirts and flip flops for dinner. Had to chuckle a little bit. Food was top notch but could use some new dishes.
    Minibar was stocked nicely and continental breakfast was on time except for one morning it was a no show. Not a big deal.
    The beach was glorious and bigger than I've ever seen it. No problem finding chairs.
    We saw 3 dogs roam the beach daily, one kept coming over for a scratch and belly rub. As we are animal lovers, we brought cat food ans soon ran out as we became very popular with the resident kitties. We walked across the road 3 times for tuna and enjoyed feeding the cats and it hepled us with missing our own fur babies. I know couples gets a vet to come in and take care if them but it broke my heart to see 2 kittens maybe 8 weeks old roaming around. Maybe neuter and spay a little earlier .
    Ah the sand fleas. The first 3 days it rained ad I mentioned and we got bit up pretty bad. Later on in our trip, no rain, no new bites.
    I've rambled long enough, but to conclude, it was a fabulous trip and we love csa. We are considering taking a break from Jamaica and going to Hawaii for a change but will be back to csa asap. It will always be our favorite place.
    If anyone has questions or would like pics emailed, I'm at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    Thanks couples for an awesome vacation!!
    Last edited by softail19; April 29th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

I knew I'd forget to mention something. Our housekeeping was spot on and done in the late morning. Ersala was her name and left us a couple nice towel art thingies?
    Also wanted to mention the flowers and cake for our renewal. We ordered the Chocolate cake with was the most moist cake we've ever had and I upgraded to the "Spice bouquet" I think it was called. It was an extra $95 I think but they were GORGEOUS!!

Great post and review! Glad to hear everything was great! We come home on Thursday and are so excited, although the weather has me a bit worried. Hopefully well get plenty of sun like you did.

Would love to have met you, as our trips overlapped, softtail! Your sentiments duplicate ours!! Congrats on your vow renewal!! Maybe we will see you next April!

One night at Patois, we saw 3 men get seated in ball caps, tshirts and flip flops for dinner.
    softail19:

It is almost as if you have read our questionnaire. We saw very similiar attire during our recent stay(4/12-4/19) and noted it on our questionnaire. But all in all we will return.

Nice to read your thread and see that your special day went smoothly. I am getting married at CN in a few weeks and am starting to worry that I have nothing to worry about. Was the resort photographer included in your renewal package price? We dont want to spend a fortune hiring an outside photographer when we really just want a few photos of the occasion.

Thanks for posting your review. It rained more than usual when we were at CSA in January - like you said, some real downpours. But we never had an all day rain and it was always sunny during the mornings.

It's nice to hear that your vow renewal went well. I am toying around with the idea for our next trip to CSA. Did you reserve it in advance, or after you arrived?

We love seeing Kaya romp on the beach with her hurman, Steve. She is the little black dog and they usually take a walk early in the afternoons.

Softail19 Thanks for the post. I am also an animal lover and cant wait for my daily visits from my furry friends. We are headed back in November and cant wait. Considering Hawaii? We have been and while it is beautiful it is not Jamaica. The service and price is just not the same. You didn't mention if you had ever been there... We spent 18 days and visited all the islands so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask. Julric

Sarah,

I'm so glad that your vow renewal went well. It was so great to put your face with the name I've chatted with on the Boards for over a year! You and your husband are a delight. Blake and I will likely visit other tropical islands as well in the next couple of years, however, we plan to be back for Steve and Patty's vow renewal in 2017 for sure! We both love CSA and this trip was fantastic for us.

Cheri

Quote Originally Posted by lolly twist View Post
    Nice to read your thread and see that your special day went smoothly. I am getting married at CN in a few weeks and am starting to worry that I have nothing to worry about. Was the resort photographer included in your renewal package price? We dont want to spend a fortune hiring an outside photographer when we really just want a few photos of the occasion.
    Yes lolly twist. We did the one love package with the resort photog. You get 1 8/10 print with it . We were very pleased with our pictures and ordered 12 on a disc. Maybe I'm not as picky as some are but I thought ours were really nice. I wasn't going to pay that outside photo fee either'

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Thanks for posting your review. It rained more than usual when we were at CSA in January - like you said, some real downpours. But we never had an all day rain and it was always sunny during the mornings.

It's nice to hear that your vow renewal went well. I am toying around with the idea for our next trip to CSA. Did you reserve it in advance, or after you arrived?

We love seeing Kaya romp on the beach with her human, Steve. She is the little black dog and they usually take a walk early in the afternoons.
    Yes, we reserved 5 months in advance and it took almost that long to find the right dress

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    Softail19 Thanks for the post. I am also an animal lover and cant wait for my daily visits from my furry friends. We are headed back in November and cant wait. Considering Hawaii? We have been and while it is beautiful it is not Jamaica. The service and price is just not the same. You didn't mention if you had ever been there... We spent 18 days and visited all the islands so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask. Julric
    I have been to Hawaii but it was 25 years ago. I want to take jim there as he's never been . This always happens, I say I want to try somewhere else as nd we have been on a few cruises but we always seem to come back to Jamaica and couples. I'm already missing csa. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by DallasCheri View Post
    Sarah,

I'm so glad that your vow renewal went well. It was so great to put your face with the name I've chatted with on the Boards for over a year! You and your husband are a delight. Blake and I will likely visit other tropical islands as well in the next couple of years, however, we plan to be back for Steve and Patty's vow renewal in 2017 for sure! We both love CSA and this trip was fantastic for us.

Cheri
    Cheri, it was great meeting you and Dallas(hehe) Blake, it was nice chatting with you. Thanks for all the excursion advice. We are undecided about a vaca next year , csa will always be there I guess, hopefully we'll see you on the beach again

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Would love to have met you, as our trips overlapped, softtail! Your sentiments duplicate ours!! Congrats on your vow renewal!! Maybe we will see you next April!
    Suzi, we may have seen you guys at the Palms but I wasn't sure, should have asked but I'm a little shy . Did you do the jerk tour again? If so, how was it? I always say we are going to do something different as nd Jim wants to go to Key West too besides Hawaii. It's hard as nobody is made of money lol. I would love to go to csa every April so next time I'll introduce myself. Glad you had a good trip also.