Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Who has the best Rum punch CLub Mobay or Couples lounge?

And will they let you fill-up your own cup before leaving? If so, I may have to have a big one packed on top of all my clothes!

jencooper0217, the Couples lounge doesn't serve rum punch, only red stripe, and water I think. I know that I have enjoyed the rum punch at Club Mobay and they have given me a cup to go when it was time to get on our shuttle to the resort. Not sure if they will let you fill up your own cup! Have a great trip!

Couples lounge has beer ,water and maybe soda but not sure about that, I'm there for the beer

The couples lounge doesn't have rum punch (unless it's new since last year), but they will give a cup of red stripe for the road.

The couples lounge does not have rum punch so I guess Club Mobay wins by default. Never used Club Mobay so don't know how their's tastes.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

When we were there in January, only Club Mobay served rum punch in the lounge. The Couples lounge was beer, water, and soda.

Couples lounge only has beer that I recall. I do feel like we brought our drinks to go though.

Couples lounge does not have rum punch...only Red Stripe beer & water
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Couples lounge does not have rum punch.....only Red Stripe beer & water
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

The Couples Lounge does not have rum punch. They have Red Stripe and water only.

Sorry, they donít serve rum punch at the Coupleís lounge anymore. Just Red Stripe.

Life is good

Unless they've just started it since December, Couples lounge doesn't offer Rum Punch .... Just Red Stripe, soft drinks & water. I wish they offered Rum Punch because I always just take a bottle of water since I'm not a beer drinker & have already had too many soft drinks during our travel day.
    Julie

No rum punch at the Couples Lounge...Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light and water only. I'm not sure (yet) about the Club Mobay lounge, but will find out in 9 short days! Regarding filling up your own container, I would assume that the Couples Lounge follows the same rules as the resort and therefore, I would not ask them to do it. You could always, however, ask for multiple beers and pour it right in yourself. Happy travels!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

I am guessing Club MoBay since the couples lounge at MBJ does not have rum punch
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember rum punch being offered in the Couples lounge. Just Red Stripe, bottled water, and maybe soda. Now when you arrive at the resort, you will be offered a cold washcloth and your choice of champagne or rum punch and the rum punch is delicious! Not sure about filling up your own cup but if worse comes to worse, you just order enough of whatever you want to fill it up yourself!

I don't remember the Couples lounge having rum punch. If Club Mobay does, I would be interested to know if I could fill a cup for the road.

So, I am guessing Couples lounge does not serve rum punch? LOL I guess I will be drinking Club Mobay's and try to get a few to fill a cup for the long ride! Thanks guys!

We always put a couple small bottles in our checked luggage and when we got to the Couples lounge break them out and add to the soda Couples offers! Works great.

If I recall, the former board adminstrator here once posted that the liquor license that the Couples Lounge has only allows for beer and not liquor...hence, no rum punch.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hi jencooper0217, Just remember it is a long ride to the resort, and if you drink too much rum punch during the drive you may need a restroom break. Some folks on your shuttle will want to get to the resort as quickly as possible in order to start their vacations, and may not be too thrilled to have to stop along the way so you can hit the restroom. Something to think about, I'm just saying.....:-) Have a great trip!:-)
    Last edited by suzyQ; May 1st, 2014 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jencooper0217 View Post
    And will they let you fill-up your own cup before leaving? If so, I may have to have a big one packed on top of all my clothes!
    Assuming this must be you first trip to Couples...

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi jencooper0217, Just remember it is a long ride to the resort, and if you drink too much rum punch during the drive you may need a restroom break. Some folks on your shuttle will want to get to the resort as quickly as possible in order to start their vacations, and may not be too thrilled to have to stop along the way so you can hit the restroom. Something to think about, I'm just saying.....:-) Have a great trip!:-)
    I hate when folks don't want to stop on the ride...

Support your local jerk stands!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post

Hi KrisJamie, hubby and I enjoy exploring local jerk and fruit stands while on our vacation so we usually hire a driver for our explorations.....when we first arrive in Jamaica all we want to do is get "home." Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi KrisJamie, hubby and I enjoy exploring local jerk and fruit stands while on our vacation so we usually hire a driver for our explorations.....when we first arrive in Jamaica all we want to do is get "home." Respect!
    It's all good. Just offering the other side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast