Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes this is my first trip to couples and I don't want to drink so much that I have to pee every 30 minutes, but enough to relax a little on the bus ride. I don't think I would mind stopping to visit jerk stands and such on the way either.

I too don't mind stopping for a short bathroom/food/beer break at a local establishment along the way. After the plane ride, having a few Red Stripe at the lounge and on the shuttle is a great way to start the home stretch on our journey back "home". I don't want to feel like I shouldn't do it because I might need to use the bathroom and pick up some food or beer, and some people might be upset about a 10-minute stop along the way.

I read on another thread that someone paid the shuttle driver when boarding to NOT stop anywhere. That seems a little disrespectful to the rights/wants of others on the bus. To me, if the bus driver offers to stop and one person wants or needs to, then they should stop. I wouldn't want to force someone to pee their pants!

Everyone on the bus gets a vote to stop or not. That's what we like to see. We always vote not to stop so we can get to the beach while the sun is still shining.

Life is good

Rrrrrr is right. We do the same thing. Beer is not our favorite. So we pack mini bottles of rum in our checked bags. When we get to the Couples Lounge we break out the rum then we order Pepsi/ Coke and make a couple of drinks to go...perfect for the long journey ahead. Great way to start the vacation in paradise...yeah, Mon!

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go! To get upset with people because they have to use the washroom is silliness. Some of us don't have to drink a lot of alcohol to need a stop. The flight is so long and the air dry, so I try to drink a lot of water.
    We've stopped on some trips and not on other. On route to CTI a few years ago we got beers delivered to the bus, and we made a much needed stop, even for those who didn't have any beers. But last Dec. to CN we didn't stop. People (the men!) were sleeping. I was freezing on the bus with the AC blowing, (which made thigns so much worse!) and I really wanted to have a break, but also really just wanted to get there and off that bus (and straight to the washroom!)
    We've found you don't get a lot of time to drink before you head to the bus anyway. By the time we checked in, chatted a few minutes with staff, and changed it's almost time. We did Club Mobay both ways last trip and enjoyed having a mixed drink instead of beer. It was in a real glass, but we barely had time for a few sips and to grab a couple snacks before it was time to go. So they poured it into a plastic cup and off we went. People from the Couples lounge looked a bit envious.

I know this question has already been answered, but i LOVED the rum punch at the Mobay lounge! We went to negril, and they served rum punch at the beach party. It was not nearly as good as the mobay stuff. I couldnt even finish my cup! It tasted like it had WAY too much cinnamon in it. The punch on the cat cruise was delicious also, but not quite as good as the mobay punch.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Honestly, I would rather drive straight through and get to the resort too, but I don't mind if we have to stop. The stop doesn't take very long at all so it's no biggie, either way works. When I'm in Jamaica, I just kind of roll with the flow. No worries Mon!
    CSA - May 2009, May 2010, March 2011 (wedding), December 2012, May 2014 CSS - December 2011

Sweetnessinthesand, I can't wait to have that Mobay punch now!

Quote Originally Posted by jencooper0217 View Post
    Sweetnessinthesand, I can't wait to have that Mobay punch now!
    The only bad thing about it was the cup was tiny, and it was better than I thought it would be (2nd trip to Couples, first time having rum punch). If I had known how good it was going to be, I would have gotten a cup for each hand, and a 3rd for my wife to carry!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Well, I will be packing my own cup and pouring those tiny cups into my big one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2