Default Dress code in restaurants at CN?

What does my husband have to wear at the nice restaurant at couples negril? Will shorts and a nice shirt work?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosandKaren View Post
    What does my husband have to wear at the nice restaurant at couples negril? Will shorts and a nice shirt work?
    Thank you!
    No, shorts are not allowed. Dress is Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies (though nice slacks and a blouse should be fine too.) But NO flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015

Forgot to mention that shorts would be fine for the other restaurants, just not for Otaheite.

Nancy

Thank you! That is a bummer, as anything other than beach and vacation wear were not going to get packed. Do you feel we need to visit the restaurant? We got married in Jamaica and for our wedding he even wore shorts

The restaurant is FANTASTIC!!! After spending all day in swimwear, it is a really great experience to dress up and take your significant other out to a nice romantic dinner. As soon as dinner is over, you can change back, or you may decide to take a moonlit stroll along the ocean edge with your wife in one hand and your shoes in the other. Some of the tables at Otaheite are actually sweetheart chairs, so you both sit in a nice fluffy chair side by side while the waiter makes your salad right in Front of you. At the end of the meal, they bring out a post dinner drink cart, and let you choose from a selection of top shelf liquors to enjoy the rest of your evening.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Otaheite is pretty tasty. Maybe linen slacks? Less room in the suitcase, and they meet the long pant req. Hawaiian shirts are vacation-y, collared, and also low on space!

I would recommend you pack one pair of long pants so you can experience this restaurant. It is a different experience from the other restaurants. The whole ambience is different with the focus on romance. At most tables you sit side by side. We also enjoyed the food. We did this restaurant on our first trip, but skipped it on our second. With the repeaters dinner, beach dinner and other events we just didn't have time to fit it in. It's not the end of the world if you skip this restaurant. We will try again on our 3rd visit.

Thank you! That is a bummer, as anything other than beach and vacation wear were not going to get packed. Do you feel we need to visit the restaurant? We got married in Jamaica and for our wedding he even wore shorts
    I haven't made it to OTAHEITE yet...LOL...but I do know that for every review I read, there is another one that says Lychee or Heliconia is better. I even read one reviewer that said the Terrace had the best food all week. Some folks never go to the reservation required restaurants because they don't want to be tied down to a specific day and time. Do what's best for you two. You certainly won't go hungry!

Nancy

It's a formal experience, and I don't think you NEED it, but if you're a foodie you may appreciate it. Dinner at Otaheite usually lasts longer than dinner at other restaurants, several beautifully plated and delicious courses are served, and service is top notch. However, this last trip my husband thought the dinner took too long. Heliconia is actually our favorite restaurant, it's more relaxed and food and service has been phenomenal!

Thank you all for your input! Still not sure what we will do. Still have about 15 weeks to decide! Cant wait!

Heliconia is also our favorite. The food is excellent and I love the outdoor setting.

Mike and Debbie,
    Thank you for your suggestion...I am pretty sure dress clothes won't make it in the travel bag! LOL, swim suits, flip flops and shorts will more than likely kick them out!

Here's a compromise that my husband uses: He wears slacks (khakis) and a polo shirt on the plane. It's not hard when you're coming from cold weather and, even during summer, the plane can be a bit cool so he's usually more than happy to have the long pants. As a result, he doesn't have to pack any extras but is ready for Otaheite if we decide to go.