Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think the government wants to stop the tourist who vacation there to find another island to go to. The beach front is to beautiful to disrupt and nature always takes care of the beaches in Negril. Stop the Rubble Mound!!!!

Similarly, say no to this development...http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/02/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t3

Perhaps you will like me. . .

Add another No Vote, 99 days and counting till we are back home at CSA ....

Another "No". Back at CN in 25 days!
    You can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day, if you don't get started in the morning!

Signed.

Signed!

I do understand the reason behind the breakers.
    They will protect the beaches but it will distort the ocean views.
    I voted NO.

Hugs from Tommywommy of 10 0 C

My vote is NO

no, No, NO, NO,NO NO !!!!!

I come to Jamaica every year for the last 15yrs NO WAY will I stand for this rubble mound. It would be an eye sore, not to mention the impact to the ocean.
    Tom from USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    The Government of Jamaica wants to build 2 large rubble mound breakwaters in the tourist resort of Negril, to stop beach erosion. History has shown that hard structures like these actually end up causing more erosion than they prevent. Expensive to build and to maintain, the rubble mound breakwaters will be an eyesore and ruin the beautiful sunsets seen from this most western part of the island. There is also concern that these proposed rubble mound structures will damage the existing reef and boulders could be washed ashore during storms/hurricanes. Negril is a small resort town and 24 truckloads daily of boulders being trucked in and taken by barge to be dropped in the crystal clear waters that exist there now will certainly impact local businesses. The stakeholders and residents of the community want environmentally sound solutions and are calling for beach nourishment and the restoration of the morass to combat erosion. Please sign to say NO BREAKWATERS IN NEGRIL!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition.../?dnyUFab&pv=0

MichelleG 'Island Girl'
    What's the latest on the barriers?
    Hugs from tommywommy of 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Hi Tommywommy,

No final decision has been made yet.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts