Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default Question regarding Photos

    We will be at CSS/SSB this coming November and are both very interested in some photographs of us together, especially on SSB with the water background along with the romantic seaside dinner we are planning. The resort states a very strict policy regarding photography but there seems to be plenty of images floating around of the resort (sans people). What allowance do we have to get some photos? Would another couple on the beach be allowed to take one with smartphone/ipad? Does the staff take photos if requested? I also have a very nice Canon D-SLR system; is it practical to bring this equipment? Any advise would be welcome. k&r

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    129

    Default

    If you walk to the far right hand side of the beach and take some pictures with just you in them I wouldn't see a problem. Just get to know the other guests first and you should be fine. Give them a heads up as well.

    I take my DSLR on every trip. CSS has so many great views and love to capture them on every trip. It's extra weight/luggage but well worth it in my opinion.

    Enjoy!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I have seen people 'discretely' taking photos during the day on the beach of each other and the views out to sea and no one objected - just make sure that its just the two of you in the photo (ie no one in the background) and you should be alright for the odd snap (just don't turn it into a long photo shoot) or do as my wife and I do, get there around 8am when no one else is around (other than the lifeguards who are busy cleaning beach/pool) and you can then take as many as you like. Actually during our first vacation we decided to take photos of each other peering around the no clothes sign near the entrance and one of the lifeguards came over to us, we thought he was going to tell us no photos allowed but instead asked us if we wanted one together so he ended up taking three photos of us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Actually during our first vacation we decided to take photos of each other peering around the no clothes sign near the entrance and one of the lifeguards came over to us, we thought he was going to tell us no photos allowed but instead asked us if we wanted one together so he ended up taking three photos of us.
    LOL I had to reread that sentence 3 times before I realized there was an "r" in peeRing... Whew....

  5. #5

    Default

    Here is one that was taking a few years ago from a group we were with.


    Name:  10014895_10203700245092488_5580658052350060988_o.jpg
Views: 2539
Size:  217.6 KB
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    LOL I had to reread that sentence 3 times before I realized there was an "r" in peeRing... Whew....
    lol now I had to reread that cause it looked like pee ring

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    jUST ASK AND PEOPLE WILL MOVE ...NO PROBLEM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkd2013 View Post
    We will be at CSS/SSB this coming November and are both very interested in some photographs of us together, especially on SSB with the water background along with the romantic seaside dinner we are planning. The resort states a very strict policy regarding photography but there seems to be plenty of images floating around of the resort (sans people). What allowance do we have to get some photos? Would another couple on the beach be allowed to take one with smartphone/ipad? Does the staff take photos if requested? I also have a very nice Canon D-SLR system; is it practical to bring this equipment? Any advise would be welcome. k&r

  8. #8

    Default

    The first time I was at CN, we were on the AN beach and took some very nice photo's in the hammock. We asked another person on the AN beach to take pics of us. Making sure there was no one else in the background, she laid on me in a way that we "fig leafed" each other. The pictures are great, show absolutely no naughty bits, and can proudly be displayed to show our great time at CN.

    After that, we ended doing photos for others as well. The key is to respect those around you. If you want pics, by all means. As others have said though, that doesn't mean you can include unaware people in your photos (on the AN beach at least!)
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota


    You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

  9. #9

    Default

    Can't speak to CSS (yet), but when we were at CTI in 2010 we got some photos. Some were just of the island late in the evening when most had already left and some were taken by some friends we made of only us. Like others have said, just be respectful of the others around to not include them unwantedly. Less than a month to go!

  10. #10

    Default

    Almost everyone on the Au Natural beach has a camera. It can be a cell phone, tablet, I Pad or even a small digital camera. At sunset, other guests descend onto the beach, camera in hand some wandering up to the bar with people in the pool or on lounges. I wish the "no photo rule" was abolished, in deference to a rule strictly prohibiting any photography of any person not wanting to be a part of the picture. Even though there are cameras are on the beach, people are truly respectful of the privacy of every other person. Only once (at another resort) had we witnessed a single guy collecting pictures of people in a hot tub. He was asked to delete the pictures and leave the resort.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Sounds like our first trip to CSS/SSB will be well documented. Think i'll pick up a waterproof point and shoot for the beach area. My Canon T5i has been glitchy after a couple of trips to SXM...guess it doesn't like sand and salt water. Any photo bugs out there have any suggestions?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default We prefer the "OLD" Couples/ Jamaican standards----Respect !

    Quote Originally Posted by summer swimmer View Post
    Almost everyone on the Au Natural beach has a camera. It can be a cell phone, tablet, I Pad or even a small digital camera. At sunset, other guests descend onto the beach, camera in hand some wandering up to the bar with people in the pool or on lounges. I wish the "no photo rule" was abolished, in deference to a rule strictly prohibiting any photography of any person not wanting to be a part of the picture. Even though there are cameras are on the beach, people are truly respectful of the privacy of every other person. Only once (at another resort) had we witnessed a single guy collecting pictures of people in a hot tub. He was asked to delete the pictures and leave the resort.
    In 15 visits to Couples we have never taken any pictures in any of the Au Natural areas. We understand this is the policy and that everyone understands and obeys. It keeps with the aforementioned respect of others. Actually we can't believe people can spend between $5,000 and $7,000 on a vacation and then sit under a palapa all day playing with their devices. What a waste.
    Question----At the Couples Au Natural areas if a neighbor on the beach/pool has their devices out and in hand, is it permissable for me to cover up whenever I have to walk past their lounger? I don't currently and never have but these threads makes me wonder about all the sneaks (ala shoe cameras etc who take their toys wherever they go. I would hate for my pic. to get home before I do.
    I think that if I were to cover up and security spoke to me that I'd have a valid point regarding those folks with "camera" devices.
    We all have opinions, and are visiting these resorts for the same reasons so let's all respect one another and each others privacy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    NEVER EVER take your non descript hat nor sunglasses off in an AN area. By non descript I mean something that identifies where you are from. Lessons learned...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    Question----At the Couples Au Natural areas if a neighbor on the beach/pool has their devices out and in hand, is it permissable for me to cover up whenever I have to walk past their lounger? I don't currently and never have but these threads makes me wonder about all the sneaks (ala shoe cameras etc who take their toys wherever they go. I would hate for my pic. to get home before I do.
    I think that if I were to cover up and security spoke to me that I'd have a valid point regarding those folks with "camera" devices.
    We all have opinions, and are visiting these resorts for the same reasons so let's all respect one another and each others privacy.
    You'd probably end up spending a lot of time covered up as I've seen lots of people with phones, pads, etc on the beach. I really think MOST won't take your picture so I personally don't worry about it. Besides, if someone is sneaking my picture it's not likely that I know them so the odds of someone back home seeing it are pretty slim.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    In 15 visits to Couples we have never taken any pictures in any of the Au Natural areas. We understand this is the policy and that everyone understands and obeys. It keeps with the aforementioned respect of others. Actually we can't believe people can spend between $5,000 and $7,000 on a vacation and then sit under a palapa all day playing with their devices. What a waste.
    Question----At the Couples Au Natural areas if a neighbor on the beach/pool has their devices out and in hand, is it permissable for me to cover up whenever I have to walk past their lounger? I don't currently and never have but these threads makes me wonder about all the sneaks (ala shoe cameras etc who take their toys wherever they go. I would hate for my pic. to get home before I do.
    I think that if I were to cover up and security spoke to me that I'd have a valid point regarding those folks with "camera" devices.
    We all have opinions, and are visiting these resorts for the same reasons so let's all respect one another and each others privacy.

    Absolutely...respecting one another and each other's privacy is key. However, taking pictures of yourselves or having someone else take a picture for you can still be done respectfully and at the appropriate time. It's people's vacations, and most would like a few memories to take back with them, which I can understand. And yes...there just may be some "sneaks" with the shoe cameras and such, but with today's technology, pictures can be taken by anyone at any time from any place, and that's the chance you take if you go to a nude beach. And if that were to happen, what really is the chance that it goes viral on the internet and your friends will see? And even then, if that minute chance did happen and some friends saw you...then what? I say so what! We go to the nude beach because we are not ashamed of our bodies, right?

    I guess i
    f you need 100% guarantee that your nude picture won't be taken, then maybe you shouldn't go to the nude beach.

    Last edited by jamaican_junkie; May 22nd, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    120

    Default

    As Jamaican-Junkie says you can't stop people taking sneak photos and although we are respectful to each other I wonder how many of the sightseers on board the numerous daily 'S' etc boat trips take photos or with the power of zoom lenses these days how many on the adjacent beach. Personally if someone wants to take a photo of my naked body to look at time and again after their vacation I think they deserve a medal and I would recommend having their head examined as I can't say I like spending time looking at myself naked in the mirror never mind looking at the dangly bits.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    In 15 visits to Couples we have never taken any pictures in any of the Au Natural areas. We understand this is the policy and that everyone understands and obeys. It keeps with the aforementioned respect of others. Actually we can't believe people can spend between $5,000 and $7,000 on a vacation and then sit under a palapa all day playing with their devices. What a waste.
    Question----At the Couples Au Natural areas if a neighbor on the beach/pool has their devices out and in hand, is it permissable for me to cover up whenever I have to walk past their lounger? I don't currently and never have but these threads makes me wonder about all the sneaks (ala shoe cameras etc who take their toys wherever they go. I would hate for my pic. to get home before I do.
    I think that if I were to cover up and security spoke to me that I'd have a valid point regarding those folks with "camera" devices.
    We all have opinions, and are visiting these resorts for the same reasons so let's all respect one another and each others privacy.
    Thanks Everyone...the questions about photos was meant to solicit feedback on the respectful way to acquire some lasting memories of our first trip, with and without clothing. To that extent Karen and I are grateful for the honest replies and we will exercise our best to honor the privacy of all we encounter, whether one the nude or prude side. The fact is, many people in the many countries we have visited do not like to have their photo taken and this behavior has nothing to do with being naked. We understand that. Hopeful we will find a couple of similar interests that can snap a few candid shots of us to go with our memories.

    Side Bar: To the comment regard the dollars we all spend for these resorts and how we behave...as long as we respect each other what diff does it really make how we spend our time on vacation...maybe it's worth $5k plus for my wife and I to be able to sit naked under a palapa and read our Kindles all day long...now if we do see you at CSS (you should be easy to spot as you'll be the only couple with clothes on) we will refrain from asking you to take our photo.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    As Jamaican-Junkie says you can't stop people taking sneak photos and although we are respectful to each other I wonder how many of the sightseers on board the numerous daily 'S' etc boat trips take photos or with the power of zoom lenses....
    So true. The "S" boat trip pulls along quite close to the Island at CTI - and those are the folks I'd be concerned with if you were going to be worried at all. Every single Couples Guest was extremely respectful - camera or no camera.

    Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •