Default CSS - Main Beach

We are coming to CSS in September and are first timers. Question: Is the main beach topless? Thought it might be a way to ease my wife into the experience.

We are both nervous as I'm sure all first timers are but so excited to be coming to this resort after all the things we've read.

Thanks

Yes, the main beach at CSS is topless. Topless is allowed at the main beach at CN, CSS and CSA. Topless is also allowed by the Pier at CTI. Topless is not allowed at any of the pools. This is based on the FAQ section of the website. We previously have only stayed at CN and have seen a few (maybe 2-4) topless on the beach at any given time.

The AN beach is a wonderful experience. The Mrs was concerned at first but now loves the openness that is the AN side. Truly no judgments. Read through the threads and some of your wife's fears may be eased.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Thank you. We can't wait to get there and enjoy all that CSS has to offer. Counting the days.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Yes, the main beach at CSS is topless. Topless is allowed at the main beach at CN, CSS and CSA. Topless is also allowed by the Pier at CTI. Topless is not allowed at any of the pools. This is based on the FAQ section of the website. We previously have only stayed at CN and have seen a few (maybe 2-4) topless on the beach at any given time.

The AN beach is a wonderful experience. The Mrs was concerned at first but now loves the openness that is the AN side. Truly no judgments. Read through the threads and some of your wife's fears may be eased.

The main beach is topless, but there are very few and far between who actually do it there. In 4 trips, I have only seen 2 women go topless on the main beach. If your wife is a bit nervous, and this may not make any sense right now, but here's my take. I wouldn't want to be the only naked person at the beach. I also wouldn't want to be the only clothed person at the beach. If you want to blend in, and not be self conscience, then go to SSB and take the plunge. As many who have done it, it is actually more relaxing on SSB than it is on the main beach. People are more friendly. No one gawks or checks you out. It is actually a less sexual environment than the main beach.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleCouple View Post
    We are coming to CSS in September and are first timers. Question: Is the main beach topless? Thought it might be a way to ease my wife into the experience.

We are both nervous as I'm sure all first timers are but so excited to be coming to this resort after all the things we've read.

Thanks
    We will be making our 5th trip to CSS this July/August and our experience has been that a topless woman on the main beach garners far more attention than anyone at SSB. At SSB everyone is AN so there is nothing unusual about it. We will spend time on both beaches every trip and my wife has never gone topless on the main beach because of the attention it draws. You just don't see very many women doing it. In four trips we have seen only 2-3. Most who want to ease into SSB find that the area is large enough to take a couple of loungers to the side nearest the treeline and close to the water and you feel like you are the only two people there. Whatever you choose you can't go wrong, you will fall in love with CSS.

Brock
    Congrats on your first time to Couples
    I am sure that you and your wife will love CSS as much as we do
    You can get a lot of opinions about this on the MB but from my standpoint it is actually easier to go to SSB than it is to go topless on the main beach
    Here is the rationale:
    the main beach is not very deep (30-40 ft depending on the tide) and about 200 yards long (at least the part that has loungers)
    so the people are in a relatively small space
    Since probably less than 10 percent of the women are topless on any given day, it may feel a bit intimidating for your wife to take of her top
    Some people feel self-conscious in that environment because most of the women are wearing tops

On the other side, at Sunset Beach, everyone is the same
    All of the women (and men) are nude
    So no one really sticks out because everyone is the same
    The other nice thing at SSB is that many people start out at the beach and head to the right side of the beach
    The right side of the beach is a long ways to the pool (where most of the people are). It is pretty quiet and she can get comfortable
    It allows you guys to be away from everyone and decide if you like soaking up the sun in the nude or not
    If not then you get dressed and go back to the other beach
    If you like it you just stay

Lots of us started out that way
    If you like it then you can stay there. Many folks eventually drift up closer to the pool (either for the bar or for the bathrooms)
    but some people stay down on the beach by themselves. Either way is ok
    My wife and I had never tired anything like this
    So we headed over to the right side of sunset beach
    After an hour or so it was hot and we needed a drink
    we headed up to the pool and the swim up bar and never looked back
    that was the first of eight trips to Couples with number 9 scheduled in July and number 10 in October

Take a look at the feedback after your first time thread
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation
    it has a lot of comments from couples who are in your same situation

no matter what you do, I am sure you will have a great time
    Enjoy CSS, its your vacation so don't get anxious. Just have a great time
    You can do that on either beach

John

Default Thank you!

Thank y'all for that great advice. Makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Nora View Post
    We will be making our 5th trip to CSS this July/August and our experience has been that a topless woman on the main beach garners far more attention than anyone at SSB. At SSB everyone is AN so there is nothing unusual about it. We will spend time on both beaches every trip and my wife has never gone topless on the main beach because of the attention it draws. You just don't see very many women doing it. In four trips we have seen only 2-3. Most who want to ease into SSB find that the area is large enough to take a couple of loungers to the side nearest the treeline and close to the water and you feel like you are the only two people there. Whatever you choose you can't go wrong, you will fall in love with CSS.
    Counting the days until paradise...

My wife has several Wicked Weasel and Wicked Temptation g-string bikinis (I have 2 g-string myself)...SSB will be our main focus area for relaxing and fun but we're both adventurous and as this will be our first time to CSS we may want to try the main pool/beach and the mineral pool (for a few minutes lol). Even in Florida, g-string and thong bikinis are frowned upon on some beaches so we are always considerate of what type of suits to wear (another reason why AN is the way to go). Anyone have any suggestions? Thx

I have always wanted to get a WW or two. Just so I could go to textile pools or beaches and technically be adhering to the rules but really not

I won't get on my soapbox about how backward Americans are. I am one so I am allowed LOL

In reality I probably won't because the ones I want are way too revealing Can you tell I am a rebel? haha

~Julie~

Took me 60 years to get into a WW and I can't for the life of me figure why I didn't do it earlier in life. They are really nice suits (as a swimsuit goes) and my husband luvs the look...as do I. They do cover the essentials. Wicked Temptation carries some nice ones also and not quite as pricey.
    Karen

I really think you should post some pictures before I could offer any intelligent suggestions.

Thanks John! Great info

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Brock
    Congrats on your first time to Couples
    I am sure that you and your wife will love CSS as much as we do
    You can get a lot of opinions about this on the MB but from my standpoint it is actually easier to go to SSB than it is to go topless on the main beach
    Here is the rationale:
    the main beach is not very deep (30-40 ft depending on the tide) and about 200 yards long (at least the part that has loungers)
    so the people are in a relatively small space
    Since probably less than 10 percent of the women are topless on any given day, it may feel a bit intimidating for your wife to take of her top
    Some people feel self-conscious in that environment because most of the women are wearing tops

On the other side, at Sunset Beach, everyone is the same
    All of the women (and men) are nude
    So no one really sticks out because everyone is the same
    The other nice thing at SSB is that many people start out at the beach and head to the right side of the beach
    The right side of the beach is a long ways to the pool (where most of the people are). It is pretty quiet and she can get comfortable
    It allows you guys to be away from everyone and decide if you like soaking up the sun in the nude or not
    If not then you get dressed and go back to the other beach
    If you like it you just stay

Lots of us started out that way
    If you like it then you can stay there. Many folks eventually drift up closer to the pool (either for the bar or for the bathrooms)
    but some people stay down on the beach by themselves. Either way is ok
    My wife and I had never tired anything like this
    So we headed over to the right side of sunset beach
    After an hour or so it was hot and we needed a drink
    we headed up to the pool and the swim up bar and never looked back
    that was the first of eight trips to Couples with number 9 scheduled in July and number 10 in October

Take a look at the feedback after your first time thread
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation
    it has a lot of comments from couples who are in your same situation

no matter what you do, I am sure you will have a great time
    Enjoy CSS, its your vacation so don't get anxious. Just have a great time
    You can do that on either beach

John
    Counting the days until paradise...

My wife likes to stroll along the beach, so we did at both CSS and CTI. Strangely, I never saw any ladies topless at the CSS Main Beach where it is allowed but never saw less than four ladies topless at CTI (usually at the far end away from the dock) where it is not allowed. Go figure.

We were just at CSS and had a fabulous time. Didn't see any women go topless on the main beach ever during our stay. I agree with a number of the comments that your wife would actually be more comfortable and more accepted over at the au naturel beach. Remember to try SSB early in your stay, if you don't like it you can at least say you tried it. We chatted with some couples who waited well into their stay, sometimes waiting until the last day only to discover they loved SSB and the au naturel experience and were then kicking themselves for waiting.
    To ease into the experience, we'd recommend heading over to SSB earlier in the day - perhaps around 10ish. During our stay, SSB was very quiet then - only a few couples there at that time. It gets busier between 2 and 5. After arriving early, head to the right hand side of the beach (farthest away from the pool). You'd likely be mostly alone (if not totally alone) and no one will bother you over on that side. If you're like most couples though, as your comfort increases, the rum does it thing, and you start to hear everyone having fun in the SSB pool area you'll probably want to venture over to check out why everyone's having such a great time and then there will be no turning back. You'll be hooked. Please reassure your wife that everyone (and I mean everyone) at SSB is friendly, non-judgmental and very accepting. Everyone is well-behaved and respectful (no shenanigans going on at all). All ages, all body types, all accepted as equals. Just super great people chatting, getting to know each other and getting rids of those tanlines. Nothing to fear! Have a great trip! Ya mon!

My wife has been topless on CSS beach for the 11 days we stay there on our vacations and walks along the waters edge many times thru out the day and never an issue, she actually enjoys the privacy at CSS beach as compared to CN & CSA where you are mingling with many locals and other resorts guests.
    Go enjoy do your thing many times others became topless after seeing someone else topless, but I must say most days she was the only topless but not an issue with her has many trips over the years of practice!