Default Where do people go to watch the sunrise ?

We are heading back to the wonderful CSA at the end of August and of course have enjoyed many a great sunset at CSA but i was wondering are there any among us that watch the sunrise and is there a "best" spot for this that people know of ?

Super excited

Many years ago, I had an overnight in Kingston (either on the way to or from CSA) due to a screw up by Air Jamaica. The sunrise from the hotel room was spectacular. Since there's a rather large mountain range between you and the sunrise, I doubt you're going to see a memorable one unless you go to the south side of the island.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We are early risers, too. CSA faces almost directly due west. Since the tallest building in Negril cannot be more than 3 stories, you would have to find someplace where the hills and foliage don't block the view. I can't think of anyplace on the CSA property where we have been able to see the sunrise.

Not trying to be a smart a!!, but the other side of the island. Lots of sunsets though!

Not sure exactly what you are looking for. If you want to see the sunrise on the ocean then you will need to visit another part of the island with an easterly facing beach. You can certainly enjoy the sun coming up in the morning at CSA though. Head out to the beach before daylight, find a spot near the water, spin a lounger around to face away from the ocean, make yourself comfortable and wait for the light to break over the hills and trees to the east. I've enjoyed this time of day on numerous occasions at CSA. Not always seated as I described, but more often walking the beach. Not only is the breaking sun a lovely site, but there are many other sensory delights to enjoy. The smell of breakfast cooking wafts through the air, the sounds of the ocean breaking in lazy waves on a calm morning, the feel of the cool sand on your feet. Morning at CSA is my favorite time of day!

Have a great trip! Enjoy the sun, where ever it may be on it's daily journey across the sky.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

It's hard to see the sunrise at CSA. I have gotten up early and ran the beach for the best views.

Life is good

I watch the Sun rise from my Veranda with a pot of coffee and fresh fruit and banana bread. I don't actually see the Sun, but who cares. Drink , eat, jump into the Sea, and turn around!!

Sunrise... the moment the sun rises above the horizon. At SweptAway, the horizon is above the gardens and palms found throughout the property. When the sun gets over the top of these, its sunrise.... 'nuff said!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Personally, at CSA I never thought about watching the sunrise...never dawned on me. We watch the sunset but due to being on vacation and enjoying the comfortable huge bed at CSA I find myself never in a hurry to get out of it.
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI in the future but too many days to count...who's kidding, 2015 here we come!

We love to wake up and watch the moon set and sky brighten….this is our favorite part of the day - everything is so peaceful, the ocean is usually as calm as glass and everything is very quiet (except the birds). Nothing better than my honey, a cup of Blue Mountain and the early morning stillness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sunrise... the moment the sun rises above the horizon. At SweptAway, the horizon is above the gardens and palms found throughout the property. When the sun gets over the top of these, its sunrise.... 'nuff said!

Ha-ha...that's exactly what I was thinking. To say that you have to go to the east side of Jamaica to see the sunrise would be like saying you have to live on the east coast of the U.S. to see the sunrise. Just like anywhere, you may not see it rising over the ocean from CSA, but you will see it rising over something!

Mexico for sunrises, Negril for sunsets.

I've seen beautiful sunrises at CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Agreed! Just last week! Right from my bed!

Name:  sunrise.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  93.1 KB
    (Technically I drug myself out of bed and stood on the balcony for this shot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Agreed!