Default Goggles for CSA lap pool

We are leaving for our second trip to CSA in 5 days (yay!). My husband and I love all the sport activities at CSA but unfortunately he just hurt his MCL. Racket sports are out for him, but walking and swimming should be find. My question is: does CSA have swim goggles (not big snorkeling ones) to borrow? We actually don't own any, so its not that they would take up precious cargo space, but that we would have to go buy some. We both wear contacts so it is a necessity. Thanks!

I've never seen them there and what little the cost, buy two pair and bring them with you.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We love using the sports complex, too. After we work out, it is so nice to shower in the locker room and then suit up for a few relaxing laps in the lap pool. Although we see plenty of serious swimmers in the lap pool, too. While they do provide items like kick boards, I have never seen goggles to borrow. If you live near a sporting goods store, they should carry swim goggles.

Vbean, I think you will want your own goggles. If you are planning on lap swimming with contacts, you surely will want to make sure you get decent ones that are airtight. Like you said, they don't take up much room and you can get a fine pair for $15. Enjoy CSA!

Buy and take them with you. I can't imagine wanting to put something on my face and eyes that's been on others. Especially around your eyes, you can buy them pretty inexpensively on amazon.com... The same ones you see higher price in sports stores.

.....or if you are bothering to get goggles, you might want to consider getting prescription goggles and ditching the contacts for swimming altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthjfj View Post
    .....or if you are bothering to get goggles, you might want to consider getting prescription goggles and ditching the contacts for swimming altogether.
    I just checked with my husband, who is a competitive swimmer, on this one. He says that it is rare for people to do lap swimming with their contacts in, even when wearing goggles because you can still lose them. The seal on goggles is often imperfect and needs to be readjusted, etc. He recommends prescription goggles as well, though I'm guessing that may be a larger invested than you're interested. He wears glasses himself, and just doesn't bother with the prescription goggles, preferring just not seeing as well in the water. He suggests taking your contacts out for lap swimming if that's not too big a pain for you. Otherwise, decent goggles and hoping for the best is your next best option of you really want to keep them in.

We always bring goggles on trips, (especially where the water is rough, unlike CN or CSA) even though hubby doesn't wear contacts. I've never lost a contact with or without them. We use them in the ocean as the salt water is painful when it splashes. Plus, you can get tinted goggles which takes the glare from the sun away, and then no worry about needing to wear sunglasses and lose them.

Suzi - I certainly don't want this to come across rude but your logic honestly makes no sense to me... "I can't imagine wanting to put something on my face and eyes that's been on others." 1st of all goggles don't physically touch your open eye, 2nd of all anything you appear to be concerned with it having on it should be killed by the chlorine in the pool, lastly if you don't feel the chlorine would do its job, how can you even stand to even get in the pool water? Her question was simply if there were goggles available to borrow, I doubt she wanted or needed your seemingly condescending opinion... MANY people use the same face masks and (heaven forbid) snorkels on the snorkeling trips offered by the resorts and seem to live... One love!