Default CSS Newbie - Choosing a Room

Hello everyone, my husband and I will be at CSS the last week of September 2014. I'm having a hard time choosing what type of room I want. I saw a video on YouTube for Room D7. Can anyone tell me what type of room this is ? I didn't see that there was the actual name of the type of room on the video but it is exactly what I want. I simply don't know what to ask for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ! Kindra
    Tim & Kindra

CSS September 2014

Hi cclanc, the Penthouse Suites in D Block are all double digit numbers I believe. Not sure what room category for D-7.

We were at CSS in April of this year. We stayed in G8, which is a One Bedroom Ocean Suite. We really liked this room. It is farther from the beach and the main pool, but well worth it if like like a great view (see attached photo). G block is very close to the lobby, Casanova and the Balloon Bar. The bathroom had two separate sinks and a walk in shower. The living area was very large with a love seat, desk and a wet bar. The balcony was large enough to have a double lounger and a table with four chairs.Name:  View From G8.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  139.4 KB
    Kevin & Tammy
    CN 2005
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2014

My bad. Just did a quick search for the cause. Did not vet the info.

Wow , the room categories are a bit confusing so it makes it hard to choose. I am requesting something in the D Block and if the resort can't accommodate that then G Block seems to be right up there with what I want also. I've already called the travel agent and she got it changed. Thanks everyone for the help - especially the picture carrkm ! That helps a lot ! 138 days and counting !
    Tim & Kindra

CSS September 2014

You will book a room "category"... not a block. They won't let you specifically ask for a certain block. Wherever your room category is will dictate which block you end up in, some blocks have more than one room category (D for example) where as A and B only contain the beachfront rooms. Just book the category you want and let CSS take care of the rest. Enjoy!

We stayed in D8 the year before last and it was a Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite. I would assume D7 would be right next door. The room was beautiful, with a large verandah, overlooking the ocean. The walk was very convenient, whether going down to the beach or up to the entertainment, with not quite so many stairs as some of the higher level rooms. I would recommend the category, although I have read that there are some rooms that do not have a view. Perhaps someone else could speak to this.

D7 is likely a verandah suite. We have been inside one bedroom suites and penthouses and verandah suites are by far my favourite! They are cozy and we have loved our room each time. Hope this helps.
    Kris