Thread: cigars

Default cigars

I'm glad that you're able to enjoy your cigars at CSA.

Some of you should be a little more considerate about where you light up. For example, at the romantic bonfire might not be a great choice.

The smoking debate is almost as bad as the tipping one (which sucked me in on another thread recently)... First I feel the need to mention I am a smoker and try to be very considerate of where I decide to partake. That being said, is the cigar smoker any less entitled to enjoying the moment of his/her vacation than you are? I understand some people have allergies or asthma and their concerns are more than valid! So is a bonfire the best place to be then? I certaintly do not want to start anything on the MB but the persecution of smokers in an outdoor/open-air environment is a little much for me... If they lit up sitting on a chair a foot away from you I can defintely see your issue (as I would stand up and move behind the crowd or downwind, etc) but I would be curious if you kindly explained your distaste to the smoker or just got on the MB to sound off? Most smokers will endulge such requests in order to keep the peace! Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    I would be curious if you kindly explained your distaste to the smoker or just got on the MB to sound off? Most smokers will endulge such requests in order to keep the peace! Just a thought!
    This is how I view it. Most smokers, when asked, will step away or move downwind, etc.

Be assertive. Passive aggressive posts after the fact serve no one.

Hi all, My husband doesn't really smoke cigars at home (which I am very happy about), but when we visit Jamaica he really enjoys having a Cuban cigar or two while we are there. I would think the smoke from a bonfire would help to mask the cigar smoke smell, at least a little? Where is a place to indulge in a cigar or cigarette that would be less offensive to the other guests?

I have never had anyone say anything about my cigars negatively on the beach. You can always find a spot away from others. Maybe it's the laid back Jamaican atmosphere but people are a little more easy to get along with. It's rare you'll see me without a cigar while at CSS. Just follow the smoke trail and there I am!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Cigar Dude, I've seen a picture of you and I don't think there are many brave enough to tell you to put your cigar out

Only time I've ever had a thought of a cigar being an issue is when it down poured on us a CSA last year and a lot of people got shelter at the grill. It was pretty packed under there and someone actually lit up. Other than that, smoking around a bonfire, must have been a bad cigar if it overpowered the bonfire.
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI in the future but too many days to count...who's kidding, 2015 here we come!