Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Matt & Kenzie 9-13

Welcome Bob & Sue This is a surprise for his wife for their 16 wedding anniversary. NJo, she doesn't read this board.

Jason & Lori 3/28-4/4
    Tony & Doughty 3-8
    Tim & Tawnya 3-12
    Michelle & Howard 3-11
    Don & Cindy 6-13
    Fred & Kris 8-15
    Gordon & Karen 8-15
    Matt & Kenzie 9-13
    Dan & Rana 10-14
    Rich & Syl 10-22
    Dena & Ryan 11-18
    Scott & Tammy 11-18
    Meredith & Louis 11-18
    Gina & Mike 11-18
    Kelly & Jerry 11-18
    Steve & Natalie 11-18
    Keith & Suzan 11-19
    Charline & Gills 13-20
    Beth & Jay 14-28
    Barbara & Tony 14-21
    Mike & Tracie 18-25
    Matt & Katrina 19-23
    Bob & Sue 20-27
    Chris and Kristi 22-29
    Brock and Hilary 22-29
    Bruce & Jennifer 23-27
    Kay & Eastland 23-30

80 days and counting

Hi!

This is Kristi. Brock is 24 and Hilary is 23. Chris is 32 and I am a young 43 haha. We are looking forward to the trip! Chris and I were at CTI this same time last year and this is Brock and Hilary's first time.

Name:  kk.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  83.7 KB

Oh and we are all from Indiana

Looking forward to drinks with all on the island for our surprise anniversary trip and belated 40bday for her

There are a lot of new names on the April Amigos list. So for all you newbies, a little history about this group. When CTI re-opened in 2009, I think, there were a bunch of us that were there one week after they opened. Some of us knew each other from before, others were new. The group just clicked. At one point in our carrying on, I made the remark that we "sure were a bunch of happy April Amigos". And a group was born. We got back together for a few years each April, but some of the couples had been to Negril and it was callling them. But where ever you are, you will always be an Amigo.

We have no real purpose other than to have fun. Our home is the island. Also known as "the rock". While many who come to our little watering hole would prefer to relax and have a peaceful day, there are others, for example the Amigos, who would like to crank it up a notch. Generally you will find that those who prefer calm and quiet, will be on the east end of the island. That's to the right of the tower. To the left is the pool, the bar, music and a lot of very happy individuals.

So, for those of us that may want to have a little fun, here is just some of what will be going on.

"Nude Wedding" Imagine that you have been invited to a formal nude wedding. What would you wear. Points are given for imagination, creativity, thinking outside the box. You can make your items, or you can go to your local "Whips & Chains" and pick up a litle something. Remember, this is a formal nude wedding. Prizes will be awarded. If anyone is interested, please leave your names, just so I know if there will be any entrants.

Scavenger hunt. One day on the island, I will hand out the list of items. Then 24 hours later, you bring your findings back and we find a winner. Again, think outside the box. Be creative. Have fun.

"Silly Hat Day" This was started by some friends that we met in 1995. I liked the idea and have been paying it forward. You don't need to bring anything other than a smile. Not sure which day this will be, but I will let you know.

In years past, we have enjoyed the bowling alleys that are located in the basement of the tower. I was really looking forward to another nude bowling tournement this year. However, there has been some water damage to the alleys, and repairs are not coming along as quickly as they once thought. This is Jamaica after all. I have been in touch with Mr. Leonard Henry, the GM, and he assures me that the lanes will be in operation by April. Oh, by the way, this is ten pin bowling, please feel free to bring your own balls. Put a couple in your carry on.

The fifth floor observatory in the tower will be open. Fantastic views from way up high. You may choose to take the elevator to the top, or simply follow the spiral staircase.

On a sad note, the stables are no longer located on the east end of the island. They have made more seating areas for the guests. They had been ahving a problem keeping the stables dry too. So no horseback riding this April.

There will be the return of the Nude Olympics. Always a crowd favorite. 100 yard dash, javelin throwing, speed skating and lots more of the perennial favorites.

Other surprises may pop up at any time. You have been warned.

For us, 78 and looking great.

Dang we are going to miss you guys this year. We are going May 2-8. Get the island ready for us.

I promise to leave as much of the island in tact as I can. There's always next year.

all that sounds great to Rana and me! this will be first trip to CTI for us. doing split stay as we completely fell in love with CSS & SSB last year and it was the fun welcoming atmosphere at SSB that did it......so we had to go back to CSS, but friends we met last year convinced us to try out CTI, and everything you have outlined sounds great. we'll gladly join the amigos for our time there on the rock

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    I am getting so excited!! It is very cold and snowy here but with each day that passes I am one day closer.

Thought it might be fun to get to know each other a little? With that said...here goes��

Name - Fred and Kris
    Age - 44 & 35
    Hometown - Midland, Ontario Canada
    Travel Dates - April 8th - 15th (CSS from April 1st -8th)
    First time visit or long love affair? - 3rd visit to CTI, 11th to Couples
    Plan to visit the island? - Everyday!!
    Most looking forward to? - Those amazing ocean views, time on the island, Bayside, romantic dinners, mimosas, meeting new people, time with my love

Your turn
    Name - Matt and Kenzie
    Age - 46 & 34
    Hometown - Dallas Texas
    Travel Dates - April 9th - 13th
    First time visit or long love affair? - 1st visit.
    Plan to visit the island? - Yes.
    Most looking forward to? - Just the ambiance and the fact it is our first Caribbean trip, and meeting the people on this board. NOT being at work. Let's see... you didn't ask for a list but I think I could come up with 10 tied for 1st place answers.

According to my countdown (thank you, Autumn) we have 2 months 18 days 8 hours....

You have chosen the ideal place for your first Caribbean trip! We first visited Couples in 2010 and this April will be trip #11 for us. I hope to get to meet you personally....the island is pretty small so there is a pretty good chance we will see you in the pool at some point! I posted a pic of us above so please say hello! We have met some wonderful people at Couples over the years, as I'm sure you will also!
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    You have chosen the ideal place for your first Caribbean trip! We first visited Couples in 2010 and this April will be trip #11 for us. I hope to get to meet you personally....the island is pretty small so there is a pretty good chance we will see you in the pool at some point! I posted a pic of us above so please say hello! We have met some wonderful people at Couples over the years, as I'm sure you will also!
    I'm sure we will get to meet. We're only there for three full days (10-12th) but we intend to take in as much as we can without making it feel like work. Went to Paris last summer and had a great time in the 8 days we were there but still so much we didn't see. Like Vegas, you can't see it all in just one trip anyway so we hope to make this an annual trip in order to see what we miss this time.

Leafs or Habs? I'm assuming right now it's definitely not Leafs.

Sounds like you have the right attitude! We tend to give in to beach gravity while we are away. Life is so busy the other 50 weeks of the year it is so lovely to just relax and do whatever you like. We spend most days reading, socializing, napping, eating, and drinking. Repeat the next day until it's time to take the sad bus home.

As for leafs vs. habs.... these days not following sports too closely to be honest. I can't say I am much of a fan of either but my husband would definitely be cheering for the Habs.
    Kris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4